Post-Game Talk: Bruins def. Canucks - 4-0 | We don’t talk about Bruin-O.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I can't really pick any winners off our team, but Pettersson and Miller need to give their heads a shake.

Awful showing against the league powerhouse, time to regroup and move on.

Reactions: Indiana

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
February 24 is either going to be an insane game or we’ll be calling for them to sell and rebuild

Reactions: LordBacon

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Body language is important.

Petey screws up then hangs his head and droops his shoulders. Translation = oh poor me, why is life so hard.

Miller screws up and slams his stick in the boards.
Translation = #%*##%^ I need to do better

Not saying that’s what they were thinking but that’s what it looked like.
It's very important, especially in terms of people's perception. It may not be fair but it is what it is when fans don't have access to the locker room and stuff. These players are watched closely on the ice, especially in a market like Vancouver.

Reactions: Indiana and iceburg

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Bruins do well cause of montgomery, and I think not only did we see a very poor effort from van which is concerning playing the other top team in the league, you would hope you would bring your A game playing in a bigger matchup, your not going to beat a top defensive team unless you bring tons of effort. Montgomery also exposed some issues I had with ricks system.

Rick seems obsessed with dirty goals in tight, he constantly talks about tips and jamming in pucks, and to me against good defensive teams with good goalies its going to be very hard some nights to score like that. Boston was swinging there sticks more then they were focused on scoring goals, one hand on a stick waiving it around. Rick having them pass pucks down low, just wont work, there going to get there stick in lanes, you have to get the pucks higher up and take a good shot and hit a corner. You cant rely on tips and jamming pucks in against teams like this. They clog up the area around the net down low.

Demko is also incredibly inconsistent, I dont know if i seen a more passive goalie in his crease, you could stick handle into him and he still wouldnt poke check you or try to cover the puck. And with him dropping to his knees, bruins were just throwing everything high.

Reactions: Jyrki and Indiana

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think this game could be a good thing for this team. They’ve been waaaaaayyyyy too soft since last road trip, they have to realize that they take their eye off the prize, they are the same team as last year.

Reactions: Nopefully

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Disappointing game through and through but again, better to face these downs earlier rather than later in the season. Can't win every game.

EP still needs to get his act together. His play tonight was absolutely embarrassing.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
It's very important, especially in terms of people's perception. It may not be fair but it is what it is when fans don't have access to the locker room and stuff. These players are watched closely on the ice, especially in a market like Vancouver.
Id say all of Canada you dont have to be the most skilled but you do have to give it your best. Look at all the Canucks fan favourites we’ve had through the years. Not many stars in the group but were loved for their effort

Reactions: Indiana and Jay26

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Body language is important.

Petey screws up then hangs his head and droops his shoulders. Translation = oh poor me, why is life so hard.

Miller screws up and slams his stick on the boards.
Translation = #%*##%^ I need to do better

Not saying that’s what they were thinking but that’s what it looked like.
Miller's problem is that he seems to care too much. Pettersson's problem is that he doesn't seem to care enough.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
The entire league acknowledges the canucks are a good team but somehow that narrative shifts for some posters when we have a bad game.
If that ruffles your feathers maybe watching a sports game isnt for you, go painting or listen to jazz or something where you cant lose.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
head up, fellas, rematch in 16 days , and we all know we’re winning that one.

This Canucks team is resilient, this Canucks team is different

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yeah, this kinda game happens, and it sucks.

But after the absolute HELL we've been through for seven years, this to me is barely a tickle.

One game, two points, that's all it is. Tocchet will likely rip someone's face off and use it as a napkin in the locker room. If the guys are worth a shit, they'll respond next game. If not, they'll fall further.

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Colorado had a stinker against Carolina today too. Shit happens, can’t win ‘em all.
Pretty much. That bounce off Myers on the 3rd goal was proof that the bounces just weren't going to go their way either.
I don't expect this to be a trend.
Also to those who are throwing up Pettersson trade proposals: go outside and take a walk. Please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad