Post-Game Talk: Bruins at Rangers - October 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
this this this this and this.

Clendening being a wiz on the 1st unit in preseason was no fluke. He has faking/juking ability that McDonagh simply doesn't have and it broke down coverage frequently, allowing much more open looks for Zib and Pirri.

Clendening or, ideally, Vatanen would be a good fit for this scheme.

But I disagree with the value of two pure shooters. Zuccarello and Nash are perfectly fine threats off the boards, can shoot if needed, but offer much more in terms of puck protection, playmaking, and zone entry than Pirri.

NYR have looked awkward in zone entry with the top unit with Kreider out as well.

Maybe Chris returning will alleviate my concerns. But I think Pirri is too one-dimensional and too valuable in shooting the puck to be the #2 shooting option on a PP unit.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
when we get kreider and buch back the pp will get better and the 2nd powerplay will get better too..

trickle-down powerplaynomics lol

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
when we get kreider and buch back the pp will get better and the 2nd powerplay will get better too..

trickle-down powerplaynomics lol

We like to refer to this as:

Vigneault'd-up trickle-down powerplaynomics

deb-10.gif

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Come again? How has Vesey's 7 games made Miller expendable? Or for that matter, how exactly is Miller expendable to begin with?

People can't handle having a deep forward lineup and just can't wait to flip one for a defenseman.

So we do that, then get a forward injury or two and all of sudden Grabner is in our top 6.

Just don't understand it. People can't wait to move Miller or Zucc. The extra depth is burning a hole in their pockets.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, that's the point. Their shooting percentages are going to come down. The goals are going to slow down.

Just keep that in mind when it's game 40 and we're evaluating these guys. That's all I ask.

Why isn't it possible that their shooting percentage will go down because their shots on goal will go up?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
People can't handle having a deep forward lineup and just can't wait to flip one for a defenseman.

So we do that, then get a forward injury or two and all of sudden Grabner is in our top 6.

Just don't understand it. People can't wait to move Miller or Zucc. The extra depth is burning a hole in their pockets.

we already have 2 injured forwards. and that didnt happen. losign 1 of miller or zucc doesnt really change that. Pirri would be in our top 9 from the 4th line. and hnestly thats probably where he belongs.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Well when you're scoring 4 goals a game and have a below-average (at best) defense. This will be the third year in a row the Rangers are a top-10 (possibly top-5) offensive team.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I'm not opposed to doing it, I just don't think its some no-brainer.

One thing I am opposed to without a doubt is trading for TWO dmen. There are people who want to move Miller + for Trouba and then Zucc + for Vatanen. That's too much for me.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I disagree that it's not a no-brainer with regards to Miller. If you can improve the defense with him being the main piece...

I think Trouba in itself is somewhat of a pipedream, but Miller + for Vatanen? Can't say no to that. Vatanen would likely match Miller's production anyway.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I disagree that it's not a no-brainer with regards to Miller. If you can improve the defense with him being the main piece...

I think Trouba in itself is somewhat of a pipedream, but Miller + for Vatanen? Can't say no to that.

Honestly, Miller in a deal for Trouba is probably something that makes sense for us and something that we probably should do.

It's just what Trouba is doing really rubs me the wrong way. Refusing to sign as someone who is four years away from UFA trying to force his way out. He'd rather sit out than play hockey, I just don't get that.

It bothers me to trade a guy like Miller, or especially Zuccarello (who the Jets probably wouldn't want, but who knows) for a player like that.

ilovemarkmessier

Oct 13, 2011
New York
Vesey is better at everything Miller does. Also Miller will be at best a decent top6er. Trade him while his value is high

Yes we can say this after 7 games. :sarcasm:

Anyone Remember who was the hottest forward ending the season last year?

Hint It was not Vesey

I say Lets not be the Islanders and trade down in Talent to balance out positions. Look where that got them

Last edited by a moderator:

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Well when you're scoring 4 goals a game and have a below-average (at best) defense. This will be the third year in a row the Rangers are a top-10 (possibly top-5) offensive team.

Their defensive numbers are below average (at best) right due to shoddy play between the pipes. Lundqvist has hardly been hung out to dry this season and hardly standing on his head.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope Yaromir Kreider is back on sunday - we need him. ))

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I don't care if we go 80-2 for the season. We need to get Holden the **** off this team. I literally would take glass on defense because at least then i'd get entertaining laughs out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad