Post-Game Talk: Bruins 4- Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Happy for the win against a tough team that I root for (both my kids have Winnipeg gear). Bruins just got healthy and are playing really well right now and it still took a good performance to beat you despite being undermanned. I’m glad we wouldn’t have to meet you until the finals. Good luck the rest of the way I’ll be rooting for you.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
That was a clinical beatdown by the Bruins tonight. Post-game comments from a few Bruins showed that they were still smarting for the beating that the Jets gave them in Winnipeg. That was an appropriate response.

I didn't realize that Vilardi was scratched until the game got going. Hopefully he is back on Wednesday.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Sure but the timing of ours have been interesting. Go back to camp. Ehlers. Then gabe early in season. He healthy. KC gets hurt. 55 now too. KC back. 55 and gabe out.

In reality if u include Perfetti and an apparent wrist injury our entire top 6 has been hurt.
The team has been fortunate with injuries to the top-6. Up until today, there has only been one top-6 player missing for all the games played. I think most other teams in the NHL have had longer stretches without 2 top six players.

Our top 6:

Scheifele: 40/45 games played
Neids 45/45 games played
Ehlers 45/45 games played
Perfetti 45/45 games played
Connor 29/45 games played
Vilardi 26/45 games played

Reactions: hn777

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I can guarantee you every single player in that room would have been pissed if Bowness decided to accept the loss and leave Helle in. If any Jet is upset about pulling the goalie, trade them. If they wanted to preserve the streak they should have played better.
Hopefully Hellebuyck isn’t upset about that, then. Would hate to trade him for such a trivial reason.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
That was a clinical beatdown by the Bruins tonight. Post-game comments from a few Bruins showed that they were still smarting for the beating that the Jets gave them in Winnipeg. That was an appropriate response.

I didn't realize that Vilardi was scratched until the game got going. Hopefully he is back on Wednesday.
Beatdown?
I think we watched different games.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
He hasn't played C full time in years. The chances of Bones putting him there at the end of the year is slim to none. We need a proven solution of we want to go deep.
Oh, sorry, I meant in the future beyond this season.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
I think what games like this show is that we don't have the talent to withstand a couple top 6 injuries and not playing our schemes to a tee.

The past few weeks have shown that we probably need to go for skill at the deadline. A workhorse dmen to help JoMo would also help imo as I think he's wearing out a bit carrying the bulk of the load.
Maybe like Dillon?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
This Mark S injury shows how the Jets can sustain a winger injury (see KC injury) much better then an injury to our 1C. Partly common sense but also highlights the Jets need a significant 2C to put the Jets in that true top level contender group and insurance vs a center injury. Teams will target Mark physically more than ever in the playoffs and try to wear him down or injury him.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Pp and 6on 5 needs help.
Jets getting too fancy sticking handing the puck in one place
Watch some of the other teams
zip the puck around like the Canucks to an open man and make it simple.
Watch from a macro POV and most of the time all 5 (6) players are on the perimeter. Not a single player in front of the net.

Reactions: hn777

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Wouldn’t it make sense, since we had our lines all humming along, that we inject someone from the moose into that 1c role and keep all else the same? I really don’t know, but the team has been very good and messing up every single line seems counterproductive.

I remember Chevy saying that players on the moose were groomed to come in and play at those positions.

I think we would be better off keeping everything exactly the same but adding a producing center from the moose into our vacant position.

By moving Lowry to 1c, we don’t only make the first line worse, but the third and every other line with the cascading moves.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
That's an elite team we faced tonight. Without Schief and Vilardi we were at a large disadvantage. On to Toronto. This does highlight the need for centre depth. Chevy is going to have to address this.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
More upset about the goals against streak ending than I am about the result. I had the game penciled in as a loss when I learned of Vilardi also being out. The Bruins are very good. Even being without Bergeron and Krejci, they haven't lost much of a step from last year. I hate that they've been so good for so long. Remember when we all mocked them for Connor, Barzal, and Kylington?

Jets played a better 3rd until that shitty short handed goal against. Noticed that Ehlers was back with KC instead of trying to spread it all out. That 2nd period was trash. Throw it in the harbour with the rest of the tea bags.
Love your avatar. Cute pup!

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: