Post-Game Talk: Bruins 4- Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Took 41 minutes to get it going. Against a top squad, simply not good enough......

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
More upset about the goals against streak ending than I am about the result. I had the game penciled in as a loss when I learned of Vilardi also being out. The Bruins are very good. Even being without Bergeron and Krejci, they haven't lost much of a step from last year. I hate that they've been so good for so long. Remember when we all mocked them for Connor, Barzal, and Kylington?

Jets played a better 3rd until that shitty short handed goal against. Noticed that Ehlers was back with KC instead of trying to spread it all out. That 2nd period was trash. Throw it in the harbour with the rest of the tea bags.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
With a lucky bounce or two, it could have been a tied game with just a few minutes left.

I sure wish we hadn't pulled our goalie when it was 3-1 and the game already lost. Throwing away a record when you're that close just seems like one of those mindless macho cliches you see in movies.

Reactions: Stumbledore

ello

Jun 12, 2018
More upset about the goals against streak ending than I am about the result. I had the game penciled in as a loss when I learned of Vilardi also being out. The Bruins are very good. Even being without Bergeron and Krejci, they haven't lost much of a step from last year. I hate that they've been so good for so long. Remember when we all mocked them for Connor, Barzal, and Kylington?

Jets played a better 3rd until that shitty short handed goal against. Noticed that Ehlers was back with KC instead of trying to spread it all out. That 2nd period was trash. Throw it in the harbour with the rest of the tea bags.
wasn't it chabot?

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I hemmed and hawed, but imagine the message that would have sent to the team.... "we value losing and maintaining an arbitrary streak over going for it to win a game"

Sucks that it's over but it was the right call IMHO
Yeah you make a good point. The romantic in me loves what they had going on, though.

Ah, well.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I think what games like this show is that we don't have the talent to withstand a couple top 6 injuries and not playing our schemes to a tee.

The past few weeks have shown that we probably need to go for skill at the deadline. A workhorse dmen to help JoMo would also help imo as I think he's wearing out a bit carrying the bulk of the load.
DeMelo and Joshua have been a little off the last few games

Reactions: Jack7222

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Jets come up short but I ain’t mad at them. It wasn’t a pretty game but missing Scheif and Angel, we hung in there and looked like we could tie it in the first portion of the 3rd. If Ehlers just gets that puck up a little higher…

Not a division rival, a notoriously tough road game. The 4-1 final score flatters the Bruins. Glad Bones pulled Helle at the end. Yeah the streak staying alive would have been nice, but who honestly gives a shite about a goals against record? Nobody here would have thought about it going into this season. Still enough games left to go for it again.

Hopefully we get Mad Dog Mark and Gabriel back for the trip to Toronto. I think we’re going to kick their ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad