Not open for further replies.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
top c out
top rw out
peffetti hurt
ehlers hurt
multiple sick
down 1 with 4 mins left to go in the game against one of the best teams in the league, I'm sorry but that wasn't good enough is just wrong
The Jets made a lot of sloppy plays in their own end and seemed to be a step slower much of the night, something that started a few games ago and isnt improving.

They need to clean up their own mistakes and sloppy play before blaming injuries.

This is starting to look a lot like what we saw almost exactly a year ago.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Just an expected out come.

1 out of 5 John McLanes via Hans

1705978019383.gif

We need big boyz back!

Onwards

oh yah and FECK GARRY GALLERY

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Third period was good. Atleast there was some nice pushback. Not much good to say about the first 2 periods other than they didn't get the game get away.

Bones finally got the lines right but it took him 2 periods to get there. If he wants to use that 3rd line the way he has been, Lowry has to be in the middle. He can't just throw Toni in there and expect to use it the same way without sheltering.

Connor had some nice backchecks and defensive plays. Most of my complaints today are with the D. They created problems on both ends for us. DeMelo esp was delivering pizzas left and right.

The Leafs games are going to be very hard unless 55 and 13 are good to go. I hope 55 doesn't rush himself... I know he will desperately want to play in Toronto on Wednesday.

These last few games once again highlighting how important 55 is to this team... everytime he is injured this team starts to look meh... it's not just his impact but also the downstream effects including destabilizing where Lowry plays.

Toninato owes Schmidt dinner and drinks after the game for throwing him that suicide pass right into a charging Bruin player. I was screaming at the screen when I saw that.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
I'm glad the streak is over. Useless streak anyways if you can't score more than 2 (which we haven't done a lot of lately).

I kinda liked that streak.

Don’t get me wrong, you always pull the goalie in that situation. No one cares that much. Not even a question.

But Psychologically, keeping the streak alive, definitely sits in the back of the players minds during the games and I wouldn’t be surprised if it resulted in more willingness to block shots etc..

But you’re right. Overall, in the big picture of things, it’s a pretty useless streak.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I dunno, I get “trying to win the game,” but we were down by two, we suck like a f***ing vacuum with a man advantage, and hadn’t generated much all game. Pulling the goalie went just as how I suspected it would go.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I can’t be upset cuz nobody expected them to be this good. I hope this isn’t the start of wheels falling off tho. I don’t think so tho cuz even without 55 and gabe we hung in there.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Question: So Rick... why did you pull your goalie?

Bowness: Well, I thought trying to win the game was more important than some obscure streak that no one even heard of before some stats nerd pulled it out of his ass a few weeks back.

Reporter: So, Sawyer, why do you think Bowness pulled their goalie near the end?

Sawyer: .... gOaLiE?? wHaT mEaN gOaLiE??

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The Jets made a lot of sloppy plays in their own end and seemed to be a step slower much of the night, something that started a few games ago and isnt improving.

They need to clean up their own mistakes and sloppy play before blaming injuries.

This is starting to look a lot like what we saw almost exactly a year ago.
it started when our injuries happened lol.. you think we were only injured for this game? but I'm glad that when our play has dipped a bit posters will be starting to come back

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Lol I just commented this without seeing your post. So true, not even mad. Gg.

Jets just need to get re-acclimated and reconditioned to playing good teams again.

That’s all that was.

P.s. Not having 13 and 55 doesn’t help either, but I’m still not convinced that’s why we lost.
We lost because we didn't win. Pretty simple.:nod:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think missing 2 key pieces. Vilardi is a bandaid. KC missed significant time. Now mark and gabe again. Pretty brutal run of injuries. Just when u start to like what u see. The old injury bug nails u.

Those aren’t depth guys. That’s our number 1 lw rw and C. When is the ASB? Soon? Let’s hope.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
When you're playing a close game with first overall at stake and only down two, have to pull the goalie and try and win not preserve some streak. It also shows the team they coach believes in them.

Even if you don't think you can score, you still gotta pull the goalie to get some 6 on 5 practice against NHL competition which might be useful down the road or in the playoffs.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
It’s somewhat annoying that we lack scoring and have 2 guys in the A who seem to be able to do that and they get no games in the bigs. Instead we trot out guys who have 1 goal in 30 games. It’s obvious we lacking there even with 55 and gabe.

Reactions: WolfHouse

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
This isn't a deep team offensively despite what some people here may claim. Jets have averaged less than 2 goals per game since Scheifele went down 5 games ago. Vilardi only missed one of those games. There were very few quality chances generated this game.

Getting Vilardi back for the next 2 games won't be enough imo. If Scheif misses both games against Toronto we likely lose both, unless Brossoit/Helleybuyck stand on their heads and give up 1 or 2 goals. Jets are unlikely to score more than that per game.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Just like a coelacanth, I hope SN disappears from the fossil record.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Don't worry, folks, if we disregard all goals scored against us this season, our streak continues! /SN Leafs Logic
Exactly. Jets 2.0 are undefeated since their return to the NHL, a streak that will never be broken. We are currently the 12 time defending Stanley Cup Champions but the optics would be bad so the Cup has been awarded to other teams each of those 12 seasons.:D

Just fell to my knees in a Walmart.
You'll wind up on one of the "People Of Walmart videos."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad