Post-Game Talk: Bruins 4- Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
smothering forechecking by Bruins and cause giveaways by our D-men
Whenever the Jets tried a D to D pass the Bruins F2 was pressuring
Need to have a Jets fore ward move back to our blue line to help out when we had possession

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
You know that mood you see when your friend hasn't had a date in over a month and she goes out with this guy she's not crazy about and she has a really mediocre time and the next day you ask her how it went and she shrugs and says it was okay?

Well, that's the way this whole board is sounding this morning.
For me , it's like aftermath of the 2nd date , when the first date was better than expected and 2nd date was more restrictive and now there's muted excitement about a possibility of a 3rd date

Reactions: Stumbledore

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Like going out on a date and a few days later you are visiting the doctor's office.:laugh:
It takes longer than a few days for symptoms to appear. Of course, you could also be hinting at injuries sustained on the field of play.

I really hope when this team gets healthy again, they can resume their dominant play. Really hope the last couple months wasn’t just a flash in the pan.
A couple of months is a pretty long flash, no?

For me , it's like aftermath of the 2nd date , when the first date was better than expected and 2nd date was more restrictive and now there's muted excitement about a possibility of a 3rd date
That sounds like the dreaded awaiting the Leafs on national TV game sort of muted excitement.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Wouldn't that depend on how the 1st date went?
I've gone on some 1st dates that I didn't want to end, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: Stumbledore

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
and untied her...
bh187-austin-powers.gif

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I really hope when this team gets healthy again, they can resume their dominant play. Really hope the last couple months wasn’t just a flash in the pan.
You don't go 30-11-4 as a flash in the pan or luck, we just need to get healthy again. Helly isn't having to stop 40 shots a game and stand on his head for us to get wins either. Once healthy we will be alright.:thumbu:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Lots of players struggled, even the usually super solid Demelo looked pretty bad.
Pressure was for sure part of it but there was also lots of self inflicted wounds.
A bounce here or there and we could have won.

For me the big difference from our really dominant stretch is that the bottom 6 and depth D scoring has dried up recently. The confidence that anyone was going to put the puck in the net was palpable and now it seems like we aren't getting that boost. Which puts you back to the ebbs and flows of your top lines and special teams. Since our special teams is a no go to this point in the season that leaves us vulnerable if we can't hold teams to 2 goals. Thankfully we've been great at that.

Getting healthy would be nice, reuniting Lowry with his 3rd line would be good, getting Ehlers and Perfetti more ice time and getting that balanced scoring going again.

We've been so spoiled with great play and in the recent stretch where our play dipped but we were still mainly getting the results. Hopefully we can get back to the top version of our team on a more regular basis.

I don't want to rush Scheifele but you have to think he'd want to play in TO as he usually has a lot of family in attendance.

I wish we could have run into the Leafs when we were on our hot streak. Here's to using them as a launching point to a new hot streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille