Post-Game Talk: Bruins 3 Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I really hoped that Samberg would of been farther along in his development but we might be seeing him as a finished product and if that's the case he isn't good enough to be a regular d man in the NHL
I think he's going through that sophomore 'jinx' that a lot of players suffer from where he is too much in his head Avs his confidence really isn't there.

I've been saying it for 2 weeks but pull him out and put in Capo. Give him a couple games to watch and practice.

I didn't love Heinolas game either, he really looks scared to make a mistake. I hope they just let him play through this and see if he can't build some confidence.

It doesn't help that he's either been paired with Snerg who's got his own issues, or Dillon who really looks tired right now.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think it’s laughable that so many forum members look the other way on Samberg’s gaffes and inability to create anything… yet they bring out the torches and pitchforks for Stanley. Samberg just isn’t NHL calibre yet.
Yeah I'd say Samberg's mistakes are far more egregious, but I still think there's a lot more in that player to coax out.

It just takes some guys longer to get there

Reactions: Jets 31

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I think he's going through that sophomore 'jinx' that a lot of players suffer from where he is too much in his head Avs his confidence really isn't there.

I've been saying it for 2 weeks but pull him out and put in Capo. Give him a couple games to watch and practice.

I didn't love Heinolas game either, he really looks scared to make a mistake. I hope they just let him play through this and see if he can't build some confidence.

It doesn't help that he's either been paired with Snerg who's got his own issues, or Dillon who really looks tired right now.
Agreed with Dillon he was muscled off the puck a few times last night and made more than a few gaffs, and Samberg looks like a few games in the pb might do him good. As I said earlier Heinola needs to stay in and we need to see what he does on the ice and how he progresses. Both him and Samberg are still young in D speak as D usually take longer to mature so we can't give up on either of them

Reactions: Jet

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Killing as many penaties as we had takes a toll on the penalty killers and makes alot of your best players sit on the bench. Not easy against the best team in the league and on the road. Let's see what happens if we are healthy and playing the Bruins at home next time we play.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Disappointing we didn't get a point leading by 2 but the effort was there.

Perfetti looks tired and a little beat up .... welcome to the big time kiddo !

Reactions: GNP

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Honestly felt like a playoff game watching it.

Boston got a free goal and beat us by 1.

They are healthy and we are missing 3 top 9 forwards and 2 top 6 dmen.

They took the game over and we were just holding on. I think we did a good job and there is benefits to this loss.

It was intense and we matched it for the most part.

Proud of the boys.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Call me optimism
Preview of Two teams will be in Stanley cup finals
Bruins have not lost at home this season and obviously best team in NHL
3-2 score is competitive score despite being on PK a lot
Clean up some defensive warts Get help from healthy Ehlers,Apples and Wheels. I think we can win next time.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Call me optimism
Preview of Two teams will be in Stanley cup finals
Bruins have not lost at home this season and obviously best team in NHL
3-2 score is competitive score
Clean up some defensive warts Get help from healthy Ehlers,Apples and Wheels. I think we can win next time.
You're Optimism!

I'm here for it 😀

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
All things considered a pretty good game for the Jets given the circumstances.
Great start and if not for that awful bounce for the first Bruins goal we would have had an excellent chance at 1 or 2 points.

Samberg seemed to be making a lot of mistakes (2 breakaways against).
Gustafsson with possibly his worst game of the season.
Helle was a monster.
We were getting the early bounces, the B's had a few open nets to shoot into but the pass ended up in the wrong spot and handcuffed their guy.

If we can pull off the win against Washington then I'll be plenty happy.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Watching this game I would be 100% in on horvat even as a rental - he puts us on par or better than Boston

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Boston is healthy, Jets are not. It turned out to be a one goal game. With a healthy vs healthy roster game I think the Jets take this one. With Ehlers and Wheeler alone back in the lineup and healthy, I don't think Boston takes over the possession game like they did. The boys did well. This was very encouraging.
Samberg needs some press box time to see the game from a different perspective. Hopefully Bones gives him that today.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think you have to expect egregious reffing every time you step into a contending Original Six team's rink. That was a big part of this game.

I was very impressed with how the Jets shot out of the gates, but as the game went on, and the penalties started taking the Jets best players off the ice, and out of rythym, the game got tougher. Hellebuyck had a statement game. The Dubois-Bergeron matchup was a good one, back and forth. Could have stole 2 points with some of the efforts.

Now it's playing in Washington on Ovechkin watch, it's dubious that Winnipeg is going to concede the record. I just hope it's not an empty net goal.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think you have to expect egregious reffing every time you step into a contending Original Six team's rink. That was a big part of this game.

I was very impressed with how the Jets shot out of the gates, but as the game went on, and the penalties started taking the Jets best players off the ice, and out of rythym, the game got tougher. Hellebuyck had a statement game. The Dubois-Bergeron matchup was a good one, back and forth. Could have stole 2 points with some of the efforts.

Now it's playing in Washington on Ovechkin watch, it's dubious that Winnipeg is going to concede the record. I just hope it's not an empty net goal.
Ovi may score, but if he does it won't be the record. He will tie Howe for # 2.

Reactions: GNP and voyageur

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Watching this game I would be 100% in on horvat even as a rental - he puts us on par or better than Boston
I don't think the centres are the problem with this team right now. The wingers are mostly 4th liners. It would be nice to see Bowness go to Connor-Dubois-Scheifele as a power line once in a while but that would make a pretty suspect 2nd line behind them, unless you want to have 3 checking lines, one with Perfetti on it.

Reactions: Jets 31 and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think the centres are the problem with this team right now. The wingers are mostly 4th liners. It would be nice to see Bowness go to Connor-Dubois-Scheifele as a power line once in a while but that would make a pretty suspect 2nd line behind them, unless you want to have 3 checking lines, one with Perfetti on it.

I don't mind the idea of selectively overloading line one but we don't have the depth to get away with it as a main fixture.

Reactions: GNP and voyageur

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

Missing three high sticks around the puck is absolutely inexcusable

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I don't mind the idea of selectively overloading line one but we don't have the depth to get away with it as a main fixture.
I think Bowness trusts Lowry but that's probably as far as it goes, Perfetti is earning that trust but everybody else is fighting for a role. I liked Gustafsson playing centre, I think it would make some sense to put him back in the middle with faceoff support. I like what Stenlund adds there, but in terms of speed the Jets can improve in that aspect.

Reactions: GNP

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I really think the Jets have just been ground down by the schedule. The last time they had two days off in a row was November 30-December 1 (over 3 weeks ago). A bunch of key players are injured, there's a bug going around and after tonight they'll have played 3 back-to-backs in sixteen (16!!!) days. WTF?

I was never a fan of Maurice making schedule excuses for poor play (especially when the team was equally shitty when rested)...but I am willing to consider the grueling schedule, plus injuries and sickness make a reasonable case for why this team has been fading as the game goes on recently.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Faceoffs are an issue against good teams - if Chevy wants the cup Horvat is a legit answer this year - would think a 1st, heinola and prospect does it

Ehlers-scheif-wheeler
Connor-pld-kuhlman/eyssimont
Perfetti-horvat-apples
Barron-lowry-harkins

That's a tough lineup to match

Reactions: Jets 31

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I really think the Jets have just been ground down by the schedule. The last time they had two days off in a row was November 30-December 1 (over 3 weeks ago). A bunch of key players are injured, there's a bug going around and after tonight they'll have played 3 back-to-backs in sixteen (16!!!) days. WTF?

I was never a fan of Maurice making schedule excuses for poor play (especially when the team was equally shitty when rested)...but I am willing to consider the grueling schedule, plus injuries and sickness make a reasonable case for why this team has been fading as the game goes on recently.
Agreed, these guys are not robots.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

I'm just surprised they didn't schedule this game for 4 o'clock tonight with how shitty it's been

Reactions: Gm0ney

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
i really haven't been sold on samberg, maybe it was b/c stanley was even worse last year, but this year continues to be rather unremarkable. perhaps a bit to rough on him after he had the bakery open all night serving up turnovers, but idk just don't see the upside in him.

It wasn't there in that game. He is still a rookie. It comes and goes.

I'm still hoping that the better becomes the norm but we shall see.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It wasn't there in that game. He is still a rookie. It comes and goes.

I'm still hoping that the better becomes the norm but we shall see.
Are we talking about Perfetti? If so I agree! If we are talking about Heinola I’m still waiting for it to come.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Pionk may be a messy player but he was not at fault for any of Samberg's gaffes tonight. Those were completely self-inflicted.

No denying that Snerg was bad last night. He has also had some good games. Any conclusion at this point would be premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad