Post-Game Talk: Bruins 3 Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Boston slowly took that one over. Some missed calls but that happens.

I really was t expecting to win that one so not that chocked up about it.

Helle played really well.

Snerg was pretty bad again

The rest of the dmen were OK

Perftti played well but I'm a bit worried about the shot he took, he was shaking his arm as he left the ice so hopefully it's just a stinger.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Puck possession was like 80/20 for the Bruins after the 1st. Thats what happens when you never have the puck. One failed dump in after another.
Right about that, too many dump-ins by most everyone in the second and especially the third.
But some good chances, so we aren’t so bad. With our injuries we were punching above our weight class, but there was effort there..keep going..

Last edited:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Going into Boston and winning this year is tough, going in there with KK on your top line and scrubs littered throughout the lineup is near impossible. Lets just get thru this next game and hopefully start to see some of the regulars back in the lineup sometime in the new year

Yep. You have 2 waiver wire pickups playing significant minutes - one in the top 6. That will impact anyone's bottom line. At least the Jets are routinely beating the teams that they're supposed to be beating, but they still lack that extra needed to beat the best teams in the league. Having Ehlers, Wheeler, and Appleton out will adversely affect your ability to win.

Guess I'm glad that they're good at weathering the storm, because there'd be a whole other level of despair around here.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
2nd killed us.
Need to win face offs.
I miss Ehlers.
Bergeron has still got it.
Tired or not, be better tomorrow Jets!
Not even mad, cause we're beating Washington.
Onwards and upwards!
Nighty night all.

IMG_20221202_2121169.jpg

ConcernedEcstaticFinnishspitz-size_restricted.gif

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i really haven't been sold on samberg, maybe it was b/c stanley was even worse last year, but this year continues to be rather unremarkable. perhaps a bit to rough on him after he had the bakery open all night serving up turnovers, but idk just don't see the upside in him.

Reactions: surixon

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I thought the Jets played fairly well for the schedule they’ve gone through and the injuries they’ve suffered. Good effort overall.
The Bruins are good.
The Jets are good.
exactly, were literally on a 4in6 that started on the west coast... we have a 4th liner and a waiver pick up in our top 6 , how many people wrote this game off before hand? yet they came out and had a chance vs a team that hasn't lost at home in regulation in 21 games

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i was impressed by swayman from the bruins side. and every time i watch carlo i wish that's what either samberg or stanley can become.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Leave Heinola in the lineup let him learn and get experience in the NHL , lets see what we got in him going forward

Far from the worst defenseman tonight and I don't think he was being kept away from any particular matchup. I think the only matchup the Jets were trying to force was Marchand and Bergeron against Morrissey-Demelo and honestly they didn't fare well 5on5 against those 2.

Reactions: bustamente

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
2nd killed us.
Need to win face offs.
I miss Ehlers.
Bergeron has still got it.
Tired or not, be better tomorrow Jets!
Not even mad, cause we're beating Washington.
Onwards and upwards!
Nighty night all.

View attachment 625611
View attachment 625608

Bruins fan here, just wanted to say what a beautiful baby!

Always fun to play the Jets. Good luck with the rest of your season. :)

Reactions: Jets 31 and chaos4

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Sadly, I fell asleep during the third period. Now I can't even stay awake for the early games...:shakehead I'm going to have to see a doctor about this...

The gambling apps person of the game goes to...

563o1b02zdt01.jpg

Thanks for making such a potentially interesting game into just another disappointment. Man, do I miss Andy Van Hellemond...

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Capitals has now been posted with an updated leaderboard. Check it out and make your guesses. Also, don't forget to sign up for your very own GDT, I know I have! There are plenty of games still available, I will be posting another one for the Washington game shortly...

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
What a shame 2 top teams playing and the refs have to step in.
Unbelievable in the last 13 games Jets were never short handed more than 3 times in a game ... today 3 penalties in one period.
Yes they killed of 2 of the 3 penalties but more importantly it screwed up the lines and player shifts ... the Jets never got into a rhythm again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad