Post-Game Talk: Bruins 3 Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
I really hoped that Samberg would of been farther along in his development but we might be seeing him as a finished product and if that's the case he isn't good enough to be a regular d man in the NHL
He digs well in the corners but seems to panic a bit at times and makes some rookie mistakes..Maybe he can move quickly up the learning curve in the time he has left.
He’s definitely not a “finished product” just jet, but would like to think he can improve on a couple of things..

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
He digs well in the corners but seems to panic a bit at times and makes some rookie mistakes..Maybe he can move quickly up the learning curve in the time he has left.
He’s definitely not a “finished product” just jet, but would like to think he can improve on a couple of things..
I think it’s laughable that so many forum members look the other way on Samberg’s gaffes and inability to create anything… yet they bring out the torches and pitchforks for Stanley. Samberg just isn’t NHL calibre yet.

GrassyKnoll

Feb 3, 2015
20221222_203412.jpg

Stay classy, Boston!:sarcasm:

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
I think it’s laughable that so many forum members look the other way on Samberg’s gaffes and inability to create anything… yet they bring out the torches and pitchforks for Stanley. Samberg just isn’t NHL calibre yet.

Samberg is a rookie, he hasn't played anywhere close to the number of games Stanley has. I think people are just rightfully giving him a grace period. As you can see from comments in this thread that grace period is running out...

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Samberg played well before tonight, and has had far fewer NHL games to his credit than Stanley. He also played with Pionk, who is Sgt. Major Chaos in his own end. He might need to sit for Capo soon, but he's a better player than he displayed tonight.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Samberg is a rookie, he hasn't played anywhere close to the number of games Stanley has. I think people are just rightfully giving him a grace period. As you can see from comments in this thread that grace period is running out...
He was drooled over before he was even with the Moose. Stanley makes some mistakes, but fewer than Samberg while contributing far more.Sorry, but this is clearly a case of people sticking to their paradigms… Samberg was going to be our Adam Foote while Stanley was a poor late first round pick.

Anyways I had to vent. For the most part I’ve been happy with our depth players.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We need one of Stanley/Samberg to step up for that bottom pairing spot. At this point I don't care which one it is.

I'm happy with Ville's game the last two. He's playing a much steadier game in his end abs managing his risk well. He just needs to keep building around his recent showing.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

He was drooled over before he was even with the Moose. Stanley makes some mistakes, but fewer than Samberg while contributing far more.Sorry, but this is clearly a case of people sticking to their paradigms… Samberg was going to be our Adam Foote while Stanley was a poor late first round pick.

Anyways I had to vent. For the most part I’ve been happy with our depth players.
yup i remember labels such as minute munching, shutdown top4D for samberg as a prospect. he looked solid in a v limited role last year. i don't think he's progressed at all this season. the same exact could be said for stanley from cdn division to the following year. this is his draft+7th year and he's basically a rotational 3rd pair guy. the thoughts of him reaching a level of pesce or manson, comparison folks have made, including myself, are become less likely.

anyway this is 3rd pair d. a pretty inconsequential position when you see some the studs cup teams had most of the year. COL w/ Jack Johnson, TBL with Schenn, Coburn, Bogo

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We need one of Stanley/Samberg to step up for that bottom pairing spot. At this point I don't care which one it is.

I'm happy with Ville's game the last two. He's playing a much steadier game in his end abs managing his risk well. He just needs to keep building around his recent showing.
But yet to make any highlight plays anything that makes a fan go wow!

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Samberg will get more time to be better - he'll have a bad game like the rest of them from time to time and he certainly hasn't played enough to be considered peaked and done.
As for Stan, the same posters will always call him out - usually based on LY's play considering they don't have a ton to complain about lately - he has improved but will never get credit - he's in the way of Ville.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Ville has looked OK the last couple - he's learning to manage the game better in his own end.
One thing I do notice is that he stays away from any cycles that are going on - he's usually playing the gap between the player and the net when he's covering - he doesn't take on anyone physically - which is probably a smart way to not look out of place.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Samberg played well before tonight, and has had far fewer NHL games to his credit than Stanley. He also played with Pionk, who is Sgt. Major Chaos in his own end. He might need to sit for Capo soon, but he's a better player than he displayed tonight.

Pionk may be a messy player but he was not at fault for any of Samberg's gaffes tonight. Those were completely self-inflicted.

Nov 24, 2006
Bruins are the class of the league and this game showed that. That said, a pro team shouldn’t lose a game when they’re up 2-0.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I thought the Jets played pretty good, and had the best of the play in the 1st period. In the 2nd period, Boston controlled the play, but they got a "very fluky" goal, that came off the glass, in a very awkward, and unusual way, and Helle was caught behind the net chasing a puck that never got there, because the puck hit something on the glass, and kicked out straight in front of the net, when it should have followed the glass around, and ended up well behind the net. Very "lucky" for Boston, we spotted them a goal, for "free."

In the 3rd period, I thought the play was pretty even, and it could have went either way, with both teams having their chances. Let's not forget here, we're without Ehlers, Wheeler and Schmidt, who are all good players. Ehlers is generally good for a goal once every 2 games, and he's a "difference maker." Totally different team with him in the lineup. Considering we had a bunch of backup guys in the lineup, we played the best team in the NHL pretty damn good, and could have won. A very tight one goal game.

I do agree with Bowness, where the Jets need some work is on "faceoffs" and that's really killing them. According to CJOB's post game show, the Bruins won 64 % of the faceoffs, and you can't win like that. You lose the faceoff in your own end, and you end up chasing them, to regain possession, and by the time you do, you have no energy left to rush the puck the other way up ice, as your exhausted. This basically means the Jets are losing about 2 of 3 of the faceoffs, and giving up possession. This has to be cleaned up, and I understand that Stenlund is their best faceoff man. Find someone with fast eye hand skills, to take the faceoffs, then switch off to his regular position.

All in all, considering we had depleted forces, and spotted them a "lucky goal", I feel we can beat this team, when we're 100 % healthy, as we have better scoring depth. I have no doubt we can beat this Boston team, but there's a little work to do yet, and I think Bowness will address these issues, and soon our regulars will be back in the lineup. Good game by the Jets in my opinion. We can, and will beat this Boston team.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The holiday break can't come soon enough. Hopefully Ehlers is back to full practice soon after.

Also Hellebuyck looked no worse for wear. I thought maybe he was struggling to regain position once he fell into his butterfly but it didn't seem to affect his ability to make saves if he was slower.
It really shows how f***ing elite this guy is. You could see he want 100% yet he still battles through to an impressive performance.

I didn't love the 3rd goal but overall a really good game from him again

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Seriously, how can anyone be pissed off about the Jets after that game, look at all the players we are missing and we lost by 1 goal, Jesus man . We are missing 2 guys from our top 6 and a starting defenseman and that reffing was a joke.
I thought we showed pretty well except the second period and part of the third, considering our injuries/illnesses and playing the top team in the league who had a flukey goal and all the calls.

We shouldn’t have won on paper, but we put worked them at the start and got up two goals. Can’t be upset at the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad