Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Call me optimism
Preview of Two teams will be in Stanley cup finals
Bruins have not lost at home this season and obviously best team in NHL
3-2 score is competitive score despite being on PK a lot
Clean up some defensive warts Get help from healthy Ehlers,Apples and Wheels. I think we can win next time.
C'mon now we all know it is the Leafs year.
Jets have a tough road out of the central. Do not sleep on the Av',s once healthy

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Don't know.

Based on that table, less than 6.
He'll have 6 this year - assuming he scores 5 more TY
He's scored at least 20 in the full seasons he's played - this will be his 6th full season.
I'm not including the 16/17 season where he played 20 games

Reactions: Guardian17

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
Sadly, I fell asleep during the third period. Now I can't even stay awake for the early games...:shakehead I'm going to have to see a doctor about this...

The gambling apps person of the game goes to...

563o1b02zdt01.jpg

Thanks for making such a potentially interesting game into just another disappointment. Man, do I miss Andy Van Hellemond...

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Capitals has now been posted with an updated leaderboard. Check it out and make your guesses. Also, don't forget to sign up for your very own GDT, I know I have! There are plenty of games still available, I will be posting another one for the Washington game shortly...
i wish i had your problem.....

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That game is largely on the refs. You feel bad for the Jets but the refs are either embarrassingly awful for the best hockey league in the world, or they had their marching orders from the NHL. Both are terrible looks.

That was a frustrating game. Slanted penalty calling, one really unlucky bounce, and a really good goalie battle. We were great at even strength. I'm really pleased with the way we performed, but f***ing mad at the outcome.
Small moral victory is we hung with the best team in the league with all these injuries and lost mainly because of poor officiating. Hopefully once we get our horses back we’ll have a better shot.

Reactions: raideralex99

Bladerunner62

Mar 16, 2022
I really hoped that Samberg would of been farther along in his development but we might be seeing him as a finished product and if that's the case he isn't good enough to be a regular d man in the NHL
Some days he reminds me of Poolman, and that's not a compliment.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
How much do you give up for half a season of him then. Vancouver is incentivized to keep him until the deadline to max the return.
idk, tbh I wouldn't want to pay the price it would cost to get him, just commenting that it doesn't matter if he would want to be traded here or not since he has no trade protection to block it

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Are we talking about Perfetti? If so I agree! If we are talking about Heinola I’m still waiting for it to come.

We are talking about Samberg.

Heinola? Come on, 2 games.

Perfetti is showing 'it' every game. The timing is going to click one day soon and he is going to take off.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We are talking about Samberg.

Heinola? Come on, 2 games.

Perfetti is showing 'it' every game. The timing is going to click one day soon and he is going to take off.
Two games is plenty of time to make a play where I can be like oh now I see what other see in him. Perfetti making that pass to Dubois wow that was a thing of beauty. Now if Perfetti had made lots of mistakes rest of game, I can still refer to that pass and be like okay doing more of that and cleaning up mistakes is what he can become.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Two games is plenty of time to make a play where I can be like oh now I see what other see in him. Perfetti making that pass to Dubois wow that was a thing of beauty. Now if Perfetti had made lots of mistakes rest of game, I can still refer to that pass and be like okay doing more of that and cleaning up mistakes is what he can become.

It is also very little time to demand to see anything remotely spectacular. He is still just getting his feet wet - not to mention that he is just getting over an illness that kept him out for several games.

If a great play or 2 had been there, well, great. Not having been there means nothing at all.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It is also very little time to demand to see anything remotely spectacular. He is still just getting his feet wet - not to mention that he is just getting over an illness that kept him out for several games.

If a great play or 2 had been there, well, great. Not having been there means nothing at all.
Oh as a fan I can demand the moon out of these players especially at that price tag!
Samberg in his first few games at least threw a big body check so I could say Wah!
As a fan I don’t really care how good their fundamentals are, I want a guy who creates highlights that capture my imagination!

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Oh as a fan I can demand the moon out of these players especially at that price tag!
Samberg in his first few games at least threw a big body check so I could say Wah!
As a fan I don’t really care how good their fundamentals are, I want a guy who creates highlights that capture my imagination!

Yeah, sure, demand it if you want. But don't be surprised when you don't get it until long after you wanted it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Kovalchuk also scored at least 20 in 8 consecutive seasons in Atlanta. So Scheifele is tied with him for most 20 goal seasons in franchise history...
The list was specific to Winnipeg's NHL history not franchise history. More and more you see the organization release Winnipeg NHL lists that combines just the Jets 1.0 and 2.0 and leave out anything specific to Atlanta as they know their market doesn't care about what happened in Atlanta.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Faceoffs are an issue against good teams - if Chevy wants the cup Horvat is a legit answer this year - would think a 1st, heinola and prospect does it

Ehlers-scheif-wheeler
Connor-pld-kuhlman/eyssimont
Perfetti-horvat-apples
Barron-lowry-harkins

That's a tough lineup to match
That's a lot to pay for a 3rd line centre, I suspect a team that needs a top 6 centre will make that kind of offer. As for faceoffs Toews is one of the best in the league, and the cost won't be nearly as high.

If there's is one thing I can predict Chevy won't be the first GM to move, he'll assess when other teams around him start to make their moves. In the meantime it's just scraping enough healthy bodies to get to the New Year.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The list was specific to Winnipeg's NHL history not franchise history. More and more you see the organization release Winnipeg NHL lists that combines just the Jets 1.0 and 2.0 and leave out anything specific to Atlanta as they know their market doesn't care about what happened in Atlanta.
Still...pretty good company for Scheifele to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad