Injury Report: Bruins 2022 Injured List

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Looked to me like Krejci’s left shoulder was in a vulnerable position when he got taken into the boards.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
He got the full workover. Butt end to the left ribs. That slid up to left face. Then the wood chopping high stick to right neck/shoulder.
Could be anything.
I saw the Butt end too, right in the gut area, originally thought he might have just had the wind knocked out but maybe it was a bruise or he has soreness/tightness in his core. time will tell

Reactions: 13Hockey

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I saw the Butt end too, right in the gut area, originally thought he might have just had the wind knocked out but maybe it was a bruise or he has soreness/tightness in his core. time will tell
He was clutching his gut when he was lying on the floor of the tunnel. Maybe the wind knocked out of him?....but had to get damage too. Poor David. I hope he will be OK. Hated to see that

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
He was clutching his gut when he was lying on the floor of the tunnel. Maybe the wind knocked out of him?....but had to get damage too. Poor David. I hope he will be OK. Hated to see that
That’s what I think I think he got the wind knocked out of him really bad

And he didn’t come back cause they needed to see if he broke or tore anything in the rib/chest area

Hopefully it was just a really bad bruise

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That’s what I think I think he got the wind knocked out of him really bad

And he didn’t come back cause they needed to see if he broke or tore anything in the rib/chest area

Hopefully it was just a really bad bruise
I didn't like the stick to the head either.

A fan near us was trying to take a photo of DK lying on the tunnel floor. I think I got in her way...I thought it inappropriate.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Actually, the surgery is giving him even more mobility than he's had in a long time. As Marchy said himself, it's going to take a few real games to get fully back into game shape - but I'm guessing he still puts up 75 points this season. Best left wing in hockey, can't wait for him to get back and tear it up.
I am so looking forward to Brad's return. The home crowd will go nuts his first game back!
How prescient were these two yesterday morning?

Reactions: 8thRoundPick

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Charlie McAvoy hit the ice for a Halloween morning practice in a familiar costume. The Bruins defenseman skated in a practice jersey that was black, not red, meaning he was cleared for contact.

“Everyone will stop making fun of me now, about my merlot jersey,” said McAvoy, who has missed the first nine games of the year after shoulder surgery.

He had a left shoulder arthroscopic stabilization procedure at Massachusetts General Hospital on June 3. The recovery time was expected to be six months, an estimate that would put No. 73 back in the lineup the first week of December.

Coach Jim Montgomery said McAvoy is on track to return sooner than that, but not in a Brad Marchandmonth-early sense.

He will not play in the upcoming road games against the Penguins (Tuesday), Rangers (Thursday), or Maple Leafs (Saturday). McAvoy will travel, so he is set to participate in the next full practice, in Pittsburgh Wednesday.

“He’s ahead of schedule,” Montgomery said. “He’s ahead of Dec. 1. He’s just starting in his progression. We have our internal timeline. We’re hopeful.

“I’m hopeful it’ll be before Nov. 24, to be honest. But he’s got to check boxes as we continue to progress here, and he’s just starting that now. Today was the first day where he had a little bit of contact, but everybody kind of knew it was cautionary around him.”

“He’s still far from being able to play for us,” Montgomery said. “We’re excited he’s on the ice, he’s going to get repetitions of how we want to play, because it’s a little bit different. You can tell, because he was a little bit deer-in-headlights at the beginning of practice.

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
David Krejci (upper body) will travel with the team, though he will not play Tuesday, according to Montgomery. He is “most likely” out for Thursday as well. The Bruins placed Krejci on injured reserve, meaning he must miss seven days. It’s likely that is backdated to Oct. 27, when he was hurt against the Red Wings. That would make his earliest date of return Thursday in Manhattan …

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

PITTSBURGH — Before the breathless moments of Tuesday’s overtime win, the Bruins were holding their breaths at 5:42 of the third period.
Jeremy Swayman was flat on his face. Patrice Bergeron waved to the trainer. Linus Ullmark was coming back in.
Swayman’s left leg twisted underneath him after Bergeron, toppled by Jake Guentzel, collided with the netminder. Swayman left the ice with assistance, flexing his leg. As the team left the rink, Swayman wore ice on his left knee but was moving without the aid of crutches.
The Bruins were waiting for tests before stating the severity of Swayman’s injury. At the close of business Tuesday, it seemed highly unlikely Swayman would be able to start Thursday in Manhattan against the Rangers.

“He’s from Alaska,” Ullmark said. “I’m not too worried. Guy’s tough as nails.”

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Any word on Forbort
I'm hoping last night wasn't too expensive of a win.

Forbort is a tough guy - so not coming back after getting his with puck is not great news on the surface, I'm hoping nothing broke in wrist/hand.

Sway looked like he hyperextended rather than twisted his knee. Touch wood I have zero personal experience with knee injuries (ankles? - sadly I'm practically a doctor). Hoping that means strain not tears? Again, though I have no experience or clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad