Injury Report: Bruins 2022 Injured List

Status
Not open for further replies.

everett rats

Oct 13, 2017
I feel like poster's are maybe a little over optimistic here. A week or two early maybe. A month or more early after double hip surgery. I don't see it. In fact I would rather not. I believe we can tread water through the injuries enough to compete for the 8 seed when McAvoy, Marchand and Bergeron are back. Don't rush any of them.

Scratch Bergeron due back ~9/5. Replace with Grezclyk out til November.
Marchand said this himself at the moment he is in Italy on vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

PLYMOUTH — No longer hobbled by double hip surgery and eyeing a late-November return to action, Brad Marchand plans to hit the ice Friday for the first time in four months.

“It’s pretty much like learning how to skate again,” said Marchand, speaking to a small group of reporters Thursday at the annual Bruins Foundation golf tournament at Pinehills Golf Club. The No. 1 left wing will go “very light for this first little while and then hopefully progress each week.

“I’ve never not skated for four months . . . it’s going to take a little bit to get back.”

This is the 34-year-old’s second offseason lower-body surgery in two years. He had a sports hernia surgery in September 2020. That ailment, he said, masked issues with his hip.

“Once I got that [sports hernia surgery] done, I had issues all over the place — the hip issue, they realized there was a little more to it,” said Marchand, who has missed six games because of injury in the last three years. “Then it was more just about figuring out when we were going to do it. What it came down to was trying to get as many years out of my body as I could and to do that, I had to do it sooner than later.”

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Limited action​

The veteran Bruins were off the ice Wednesday. Marchand, Charlie McAvoy, Matt Grzelcyk, and Hampus Lindholm were the only ones spotted skating. The injured Marchand (double hip surgery) and McAvoy (shoulder surgery) performed drills under the eye of skating and skills consultant John McLean. Grzelcyk (shoulder surgery) went afterward for a solo skate with McLean. He looked sharp … Forward Matt Filipe, the third-year pro out of Malden Catholic and Northeastern, won’t start camp on time because of a lower-body injury. He put up 17 points in Providence last year.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Tonights Globe:

Update from Grzelcyk

Four months after shoulder surgery, Matt Grzelcyk began shooting pucks again Monday. His range of motion is there, and his shoulder is no longer as stiff at night and in the morning.

“It was kind of a long few months to end the year,” said the puck-moving defenseman, who is on track to return around Thanksgiving. “Happy to feel a little more like myself. Still have a long ways to go, but the light’s at the end of the tunnel.”

Grzelcyk dislocated his right shoulder on a January hit from Winnipeg’s Pierre-Luc Dubois , and he knew immediately he would need surgery. The second half of the season was miserable for him. He finished 4-20—24 in 73 games, and went scoreless while suiting up for five of the Bruins’ seven playoff games.

“It was tough,” he said. “But we’re going for it every year, and you want to be on the ice.”
Grzelcyk’s new defensive coach is a familiar face. John Gruden coached Grzelcyk (and teammates Connor Carrick and Connor Clifton) on the 2011-12 US Under-18 squad in Ann Arbor, Mich.
“He’s a great guy,” Grzlecyk said of the former Islanders assistant, adding that their initial video studies have been “a lot more about jumping up in the play” on breakout. “Just if I dish it to my partner, I know I can get up in the play more, not hang back. That’s always exciting for me.”

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Eduards Tralmaks to miss 4 weeks​

Riga-born Eduards Tralmaks, who banged up a knee in Saturday’s practice, will be out for some four weeks, according to Montgomery. Tough break for the 6-foot-4-inch ex-UMaine winger …

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ugg. I hope Taylor is OK. He looked like his rib area was hurting

Every time they play the f***ing flyers someone gets hurt. Damm pregame
Happened right infront of us - Accard with a cross check that was unnecessary- Hall went down and was hurt, got up was pissed appealed to official and ref did nothing - Accard stood over him - odd . I was thinking Wtf was that for, who the f are you and why you still standing there ? When I saw you in between periods I was curious what you saw at bench area

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Happened right infront of us - Accard with a cross check that was unnecessary- Hall went down and was hurt, got up was pissed appealed to official and ref did nothing - Accard stood over him - odd . I was thinking Wtf was that for, who the f are you and why you still standing there ? When I saw you in between periods I was curious what you saw at bench area
We saw him clutching his rib cage.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Can’t afford to take too many more body shots on this roster heading into the season.

Already pretty beat up to start.

A slow start to the season could really put them behind the 8 ball in the standings.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Can’t afford to take too many more body shots on this roster heading into the season.

Already pretty beat up to start.

A slow start to the season could really put them behind the 8 ball in the standings.
Especially with Brad, Mac and Grizz out. Losing Hall sucks.

I hate the stinking flyers....dirty and someone always gets hurt

Reactions: BBruins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad