Injury Report: Bruins 2022 Injured List

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
All these key injuries, if Bergeron does retire I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't just call it, tear it down a little and tank for Bedard

Not something I ever thought I'd be thinking but here we are.

Reactions: duffy

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
He seems to need surgery after every season.
Not sure you are ever 100 % the same after surgery.
Has to be tiring on him, and wearing him down.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
He seems to need surgery after every season.
Not sure you are ever 100 % the same after surgery.
Has to be tiring on him, and wearing him down.
This is what concerns me about Marchand's double-hip surgery. How much will it diminish his speed, strength and agility?

Reactions: Maine Fan

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Depending on the degree of the surgeries there are no guarantees. Arthroscopic is one thing - less evasive quicker recovery time. However, cutting and opening them up - well, that's not always a good thing when it comes to shoulders, hips, and knees. It becomes a crap shot on how the recovery goes - sometimes it can become a challenge just to resume normal every day activities never mind resuming life as a professional athlete. Let's just pray for the best for all concerned. Time will tell.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Marchand was on the same flight as my wife this morning . From what she could tell he looked to be doing very well was caring his baby and car seat and seemed to be moving without any noticeable problem . Hope that means he is recovering quickly
Oh, Thanks so much for this good news!

Reactions: eightspokedb

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Can they put any of the injured players that will go beyond opening day on LTIR before signing or making trades for anyone (where they'll take on cap)?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Marchand was at a amsument park in Bristol RI today w his family..happy healthy says hopefully by Halloween....let's hope but regardless good news
Marchand and Pasta both came back well ahead of schedule after there off-season surgery’s in 2020

I think Marchand and McAvoy will return ahead of schedule this year

Think both will have played a game before thanksgiving

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Can they put any of the injured players that will go beyond opening day on LTIR before signing or making trades for anyone (where they'll take on cap)?
Yes as long as a doctor can say that they'll miss 10 games when the season starts.
At the same time, they don't need to put anyone on LTIR yet as you are allowed to go over the ceiling by 10% (8.1m) during the offseason.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Marchand and Pasta both came back well ahead of schedule after there off-season surgery’s in 2020

I want to see our veterans stop pushing these timelines. I feel rushing back leads to less a healthy team with fewer prepared players to bring up for the playoffs.

I’d rather slide in with rested veterans and tested prospects. Even if we risk missing the playoffs this would be my personal preference.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I want to see our veterans stop pushing these timelines. I feel rushing back leads to less a healthy team with fewer prepared players to bring up for the playoffs.

I’d rather slide in with rested veterans and tested prospects. Even if we risk missing the playoffs this would be my personal preference.
I don't think any player – especially players as important as Marchand and McAvoy – are going to be rushed back. It's their careers and health on the line as well. Timelines for healing are estimates. If the doctors clear them, if they pass all tests, if they're feeling good once they get on the ice and go through the usual process of skating with the team in practice and then taking contact - and they're cleared to play - they'll play.

It may happen ahead of schedule, or there may be setbacks. Let's let the process play out.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Any news on Lindholm and his knee. Only ask because he missed a good portion of the regular season as a bruin and he ended the season not being sure if surgery was needed or not.

Lindholm said it was from a hit he took in a game against the Detroit Red Wings, and he's unsure if he'll need surgery in the offseason or not.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Marchand was on the same flight as my wife this morning . From what she could tell he looked to be doing very well was caring his baby and car seat and seemed to be moving without any noticeable problem . Hope that means he is recovering quickly

Crazy how doc's and medicine are doing miracle!

Reactions: 13Hockey

everett rats

Oct 13, 2017
Marchand will be back by Halloween if not the start of the season he is progressing very well and if this pace keeps up knock on wood he will be in the lineup opening night

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Marchand will be back by Halloween if not the start of the season he is progressing very well and if this pace keeps up knock on wood he will be in the lineup opening night
I feel like poster's are maybe a little over optimistic here. A week or two early maybe. A month or more early after double hip surgery. I don't see it. In fact I would rather not. I believe we can tread water through the injuries enough to compete for the 8 seed when McAvoy, Marchand and Bergeron are back. Don't rush any of them.

Scratch Bergeron due back ~9/5. Replace with Grezclyk out til November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad