Injury Report: Bruins 2022 Injured List

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
LOL please no. Did all of the other LW on the roster retire?
It’s Fluto so take it worth a grain of salt but it was him Greer and Fredric as options Monty mentioned. Worries me a bit that not one rookie was thought of. Don’t know Monty much as a coach but hope he is more than a Vet coach

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
And also mentioned that he’s trying Foligno to replace Hall which is just a kick in the nuts on top of this news

I actually think playing Foligno up on Bergeron's line might be a good way to determine if he belongs at all on this roster. I am of the opinion that Foligno has no place in the lineup as a pure fourth liner. He needs to be a guy that can move up the lineup and play in multiple positions. If he can't produce with Bergeron, then he should just be cut from the roster.

Maybe others are at that point with Foligno already, but with Hall out, I think there's an opportunity to get a fair look at where he is at this year. It needn't be a long opportunity.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I actually think playing Foligno up on Bergeron's line might be a good way to determine if he belongs at all on this roster. I am of the opinion that Foligno has no place in the lineup as a pure fourth liner. He needs to be a guy that can move up the lineup and play in multiple positions. If he can't produce with Bergeron, then he should just be cut from the roster.

Maybe others are at that point with Foligno already, but with Hall out, I think there's an opportunity to get a fair look at where he is at this year. It needn't be a long opportunity.

They tried that last year, even gave him several games on the #1 PP unit, he is a 4th liner at best, keep him away from our talented offensive players.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

The Bruins will roll through the next week — if not the rest of training camp — without Taylor Hall.
The left wing has an upper-body injury.
“It’s a little more significant than we expected yesterday,” coach Jim Montgomery said after Sunday’s practice.
It’s unclear what befell Hall, who on Saturday logged 8:13 of ice time, landed three shots, and did not play in the third period of the Bruins’ 4-0 win over the Flyers.
With 1:56 left in the first period, he was bodied against the boards by Philadelphia defenseman Egor Zamula, but skated away without apparent damage.
With under seven minutes remaining in the second period, Hall tumbled skates-first into the boards, but got up immediately.

Hall’s absence means the Bruins could be missing their top two left wings Brad Marchand (double hip surgery) remains out until at least November — for the Oct. 12 season opener Washington. It also means more immediate opportunity for A.J. Greer, Trent Frederic, and Nick Foligno.

For now, Montgomery said he’s planning to let Zacha ride with Krejci and David Pastrnak, hoping for instant Czechia chemistry.

“They come from the same school of thought, with their upbringing, so let’s see what it looks like,” Montgomery said. “It’s the same for Russians, the same for Swedes. There’s a school they were brought up with, a style of play that makes it a little simpler for them to understand each other. It’s not a language thing.”

Montgomery noticed this in Russia when he was winding down his career as a player and looking to get into coaching. He spent 2003-04 with Salavat Yulaev Ufa of the Russian Super League (now KHL). Everyone, Montgomery said, “played the same way.”

Another player who could get an extended look is Fabian Lysell, who left Saturday’s game with an upper-body injury after hard-edged defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen backed into him along the boards. Lysell will miss Monday’s game in New Jersey, Montgomery said, but could be in the lineup Wednesday in Manhattan against the Rangers.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

82 games last year with 2 goals & 1,assist in 7 playoff games was a fair look no? What do people think changed in a summer?

Reactions: LSCII

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
its believed to bea wrist/ hand issue.
Yeah definitely that, you can see he rolled his wrist as it hit the ice. My guess late in the season fighting for a playoff spot he’d play but why risk further damage in game 2 of the year.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad