Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think the real question is why was he playing? I get the whole tough for the team mentality but no doubt he hurt the team in the series.

Same as Rask last year VS the Islanders

Who do you blame for this? Coach? Trainer?

Good question. Probably Don Sweeney where the buck always has to stop. Cassidy clearly did not have much faith in Mike Reilly given how long it took for him to finally sit Grizz out. Not having a decent option on the defensive side of the game is a roster issue to me. Reilly ended up doing okay as it turned out, but how long was that going to last? I guess Bruce felt lucky that he got two good games in a row out of the guy. Maybe he should have gone to Reilly sooner :dunno:

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I think the real question is why was he playing? I get the whole tough for the team mentality but no doubt he hurt the team in the series.

Same as Rask last year VS the Islanders

Who do you blame for this? Coach? Trainer?
Did you ask that question about Bergeron in 2013?

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Yup Bergeron and Gryz same level of player. Good point.
Either the same logic and standard applies or it doesn't. If it doesn't, because of the calibre of the player, as you seem to be suggesting, then you need to know a lot of stuff to make the judgement you're making. What is the degree or extent of the injury? What is the player's pain threshold? What steps can the trainers do to mitigate the injury, etc etc. Do you have the answers to these questions?

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Yup Bergeron and Gryz same level of player. Good point.
And what about Rask? You think Rask should have sat out? He was our #1 goalie. Why is it okay for the #1 centre to play through injury, but not the #1 goalie?

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
And what about Rask? You think Rask should have sat out? He was our #1 goalie. Why is it okay for the #1 centre to play through injury, but not the #1 goalie?
I 100% think Rask should have sat out last year. I was very blatant with that statement.

He could barely move and it was very noticeable.

• Haha
Reactions: HumBucker

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I 100% think Rask should have sat out last year. I was very blatant with that statement.

He could barely move and it was very noticeable.
Agree

A goalie playing with an injury in the playoffs is far worse than a position player playing injured because there's 4 other players on the ice to pick up the slack, but there's only one goalie in net

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So Smith is rehabbing something after all, but they haven't said what. He was pretty poor to close out the season and in the series with the Whale. It makes sense that he was hurt. Anyone have any ideas at all what was/is going on with him?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
0c4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino