Confirmed with Link: Brossoit 1 year 1.5aav

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I thought they might give Berdin a shot this year. I wonder how much longer he is willing to ride the bus. With Comrie signed, and Berdin conceivably #3. I don't see how Holm comes over this year, unless we make some moves.

And as for the expansion draft we can give a QO to Berdin, that's all that needs to be done in order for him to be exposed.

Well hopefully Brossoit has a better season. Will get some action with back to backs. As a goalie he's pretty athletic and seems like that is a better recipe these days than being technical.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I like it.
LB is familiar with the system and his D men and signing says he wants to play here. Bad year for a goalie to become an UFA...lotsa good ones available this off season. Holtby to Beefalo makes a lot of sense.
7.667m for goalies is not out of whack at all.
Harkins is next I hope.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I thought they might give Berdin a shot this year. I wonder how much longer he is willing to ride the bus. With Comrie signed, and Berdin conceivably #3. I don't see how Holm comes over this year, unless we make some moves.

And as for the expansion draft we can give a QO to Berdin, that's all that needs to be done in order for him to be exposed.

Well hopefully Brossoit has a better season. Will get some action with back to backs. As a goalie he's pretty athletic and seems like that is a better recipe these days than being technical.

Berdin needs to show he can handle a starters workload first.

My bet is he's penciled in as the backup for the 21-22 season.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Boy you are really reaching on this one. Not sure how that’s even relevant. Only issue may be money. Otherwise you’re just complaining to complain. Shocking.

I have no problem with the signing. I’m just saying it’s foreshadowing how the rest of the off season will go

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Good signing, I think.

He's generally been solid. The AAV is fine. He works well with Hellebuyck.

Jets will still need to sign another goalie for the 2021/22 season to meet the requirements for the Seattle expansion draft.
Wouldn't Berdin meet the requirement as he will be entering RFA status next season?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Hmm no C19 discount, but I've got no problem with this. Hopefully he's better than last year but that goes for plenty of the Jets

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
The Jets have a Vezina goalie who is best buds with the back up who has been nothing but professional while giving us decent back up goaltending. Why on earth would you change this if you didn't have to?

He was not a decent backup goalie.

From the 60 goalies who played 10 or more games, Brossoit was 53rd in save percentage at .899.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Aces, Chevy. Keep up the good work. Scarlett couldn't be happier.

3noS.gif

Reactions: Teemusalami204

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario

From the 60 goalies who played 10 or more games, Brossoit was 53rd in save percentage at .899.

The team in front of him was absolutely abysmal with horrific PK, so I'm not reading tooooo much into this year's stats for LB. We are spoiled with Hellebuyck, he carried this team to the play-in round by himself.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I mean considering Hellebuyck can handle a workload this isn't bad. But I think if Brossoit had the right coach he could emerge as a starter. But this is one crazy off-season for goalies, so this is likely the best bet for him.

Laurent Brossoit has been in the NHL long enough and has played under several coaches and his history dictates that he is a superb goaltender on a great team and a below average goaltender on a mediocre to average team.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
awful signing. brossoit was absolute trash last year... any modern goslie with a save percentage below .900 doesnt deserve an nhl contract. jets better off signing a random young backup for less than a million.

Reactions: robertocarlos

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
for everyone saying he just needs to play in front of a great defense... news flash... the jets arent going to be great on defense next season... and brossoit has shown in his career when you play poorly in front of him he self destructs.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Meh. Hopefully he has a bounce back year but the price is right

He doesn't really need to bounce back. Don't let the sv% fool you in a small sample. He played well but the team in front of him was dirt. Bad as they were in front of Helle, they were worse in front of him - and his low sv% just underscores how good Helle really was.

I think this is a bit of an overpay. Same pay as last year should have been the max offer. But I think they signed the right backup goalie. I would have preferred 2 years also.

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

And playing behind an epically bad D.

Edit: He did not face enough shots last year for that sv% to be meaningful. Beware of small samples.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
for everyone saying he just needs to play in front of a great defense... news flash... the jets arent going to be great on defense next season... and brossoit has shown in his career when you play poorly in front of him he self destructs.

Jets D will be better next year than it was last year.

He did not self destruct. In fact, he played well under the circumstances. sv% is not meaningful in 500 shot increments. If he plays exactly as well, or poorly as he did last year, he will have a much better sv%.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
He was outstanding the year before. 0.912 save percentage over the past two seasons. Last season was a gong show on the Jets' D. Not a bad bet by the Jets.
And playing behind an epically bad D.

Edit: He did not face enough shots last year for that sv% to be meaningful. Beware of small samples.

He was mediocre. Watching the games he let in plenty of questionable goals. It doesn't matter how many games he played and ten games is enough of a sample size to show he is a below-average goalie.

Who cares how well he played the year before!? The year before that he played poorly. He has a career save percentage of .897. Do those numbers indicate a good backup goalie? Do those numbers indicate a contract worthy of anything above the league minimum?

There is a glut of goalies that will be available this off-season. Starters and backups. Brossoit would have never received more than 1 million anywhere else based on his track record. As I said, overpaying by a $500,000 for a franchise that tends to watch it's dollar and cents is not a good strategy even if it is one year. That is $500,000 less to fill another hole.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad