GDT: Bronze Medal Game - February 24 - Czech Republic vs Canada

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
That call was nonsense. The player was outside the crease and Poulin tries to go into the space where the player is, he's not doing anything illegal and there's nothing he can do when Poulin tries to move.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Well, overturned. No goal. Skate was just inside commentators say. And that it was a very hard decision. They seemed a bit surprised, but not like it was an impossible outcome.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Credit to Canada for coming out strong today when they could have just folded. It does still make yesterday tough to shallow though because of their bad start

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
NBC announcers are saying Poulin was prevented from moving across to make the save and while I'm not arguing he wasn't interfered with, I don't think his intent was to make a save as it was to hit the Czech player and push him away. :)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Well, overturned. No goal. Skate was just inside commentators say. And that it was a very hard decision. They seemed a bit surprised, but not like it was an impossible outcome.
Commentators on the Canadian feed was not surprised after they saw the replay at all. His skate was in the blue crease before the puck and made contact. In IIHF rules, that's not a goal.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
NBC announcers are saying Poulin was prevented from moving across to make the save and while I'm not arguing he wasn't interfered with, I don't think his intent was to make a save as it was to hit the Czech player and push him away. :)
If I'm not mistaken, the play should have been called dead when the player entered the crease before the puck anyway. That happened yesterday in the Canadian game.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, the play should have been called dead when the player entered the crease before the puck anyway. That happened yesterday in the Canadian game.

Yeah, but that part you cannot challenge if I've understood it right.

Anyhow, no goal, and not a problem.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
How is Roy going in with a different number on his jersey?
All I know is 8 years from now someone is going to have a massive argument on HFboards over who has Roy's Olympic game worn jersey before another steps in and reminds everyone he wore both. :P

Reactions: Loosie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad