GDT: Bronze Medal Game - February 24 - Czech Republic vs Canada

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
This thread is so dead. No one cares unless the NHL is there. Poor guys battling for a bronze for Canada and hardly anyone here to talk about them. :(

Everyone is still in mourning over the curling? Where the best of the best did show up. But that tournament doesn't really matter either since Canada messed upp selections. :rolleyes:

Bugger that Edin was at his worst when it mattered the most :thumbd:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Thats just absolutely ridiculous . A Silver medal is still better than a Bronze one no matter how you look at it. Yes the Russians are likely to win the Gold no matter who their oppoent would've been but you're not losing on purpose to avoid maybe a big loss to Russia.

Well, I'm happy to put down that conspiracy -theory then :nod:

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Our great set full of 4th liners and plug deserved Bronze...

when Derek Roy look like a world-beater...soemthing is right!

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Everyone is still in mourning over the curling? Where the best of the best did show up. But that tournament doesn't really matter either since Canada messed upp selections. :rolleyes:

Bugger that Edin was at his worst when it mattered the most :thumbd:

The match with Shuster was close until the Swedes imploded for one end and gave up 5pts and of course that was it. It was fun to watch and competitive beforehand though.

As for selections, is this all Canada had to choose from? Are these players really the best of the best not in the NHL that Canada could draw upon? :/

Reactions: mjlee

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The match with Shuster was close until the Swedes imploded for one end and gave up 5pts and of course that was it. It was fun to watch and competitive beforehand though.

As for selections, is this all Canada had to choose from? Are these players really the best of the best not in the NHL that Canada could draw upon? :/
Well you realize there were hundreds and hundreds of players not allowed to go, right? From both the NHL and AHL.

The only Canadian players I can think of that aren't there that are in the main leagues in Europe are Max Talbot and Matt D'Agostini.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I personally would NEVER call that back, but according to the rules of this tournament I think it should be called back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad