Value of: Brodin+Coyle to your team

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Probably a lot more than you are willing to give up. I don't think that the Avs need these players as much as they might have in previous years, so I don't see them overpaying.

Ya i dont really see a trade working out. If the wilds are rebuilding, they’d be trading staal or suter anyways.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Sens would probably be interested in Brodin + Coyle. But I don't think they would make good trade partners. The deal would most likely revolve around Mike Hoffman going out, but I'm not sure of other pieces. The money would be trickey for the Sens given their situation, and I'm not sure the Wild would accept what the Sens would be willing to part with.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sens would probably be interested in Brodin + Coyle. But I don't think they would make good trade partners. The deal would most likely revolve around Mike Hoffman going out, but I'm not sure of other pieces. The money would be trickey for the Sens given their situation, and I'm not sure the Wild would accept what the Sens would be willing to part with.
Hadn't thought of the Sens, but given the reasonable contracts of Coyle and Brodin, they might actually be attractive to them. Maybe them and some good (i.e. Kunin, Sokolov,etc..)prospects/picks for the "elephant in the room" if they determine they can't sign him. I think Dumba or Spurgeon would be a better choice instead of Brodin. Can't see MN having a line up of EK, Spurgeon, Dumba. Too many RHD, too much offense.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not really. With the cap hike we should be able to sign everyone. We're dealing with Can't Make it Out of the First Round things and Several of Our Most Important Players are Getting Quite Old things.
The Jets are just a big mean team... MIN shouldnt be blowing things up because they ran into one of the best teams in round 1.

adding a #2C and getting healthy are the 2 main needs.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The Jets are just a big mean team... MIN shouldnt be blowing things up because they ran into one of the best teams in round 1.

adding a #2C and getting healthy are the 2 main needs.
I don't think the Jets series is weighing heavily on anyone's position, really. It's another data point, but the trends are roughly the same. The people that want to blow the team up have wanted to for awhile now and the people that have wanted to play things conservatively still generally want to do that. Overall it seems like a good time to explore options, though.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Only thing that makes sense (for Minnesota), with the premise of the thread being both of them packaged together, is O'Reilly from Buffalo.

Money washes out basically even (Brodin + Coyle = $7.367 vs. O'Reilly = $7.5). Buffalo downgrades their center spot behind Eichel to upgrade their LD spot over Beaulieu/Gorges/McCabe. Minnesota gets a very good prime-aged center (a nice spot between 33/34 year old Koivu/Staal and 20 year old Eriksson Ek), upgrades Coyle, but takes a very large risk on their LD situation. I don't know if it could be tweaked to include McCabe coming to Minnesota to give us another LD option, but that screws up the money a little bit.

Reactions: LTIR

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Only thing that makes sense (for Minnesota), with the premise of the thread being both of them packaged together, is O'Reilly from Buffalo.

Money washes out basically even (Brodin + Coyle = $7.367 vs. O'Reilly = $7.5). Buffalo downgrades their center spot behind Eichel to upgrade their LD spot over Beaulieu/Gorges/McCabe. Minnesota gets a very good prime-aged center (a nice spot between 33/34 year old Koivu/Staal and 20 year old Eriksson Ek), upgrades Coyle, but takes a very large risk on their LD situation. I don't know if it could be tweaked to include McCabe coming to Minnesota to give us another LD option, but that screws up the money a little bit.
Ehhhh, I'm kinda tired of dealing with Buffalo. Everything we get from them is either garbage or eventually turns into it.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Ehhhh, I'm kinda tired of dealing with Buffalo. Everything we get from them is either garbage or eventually turns into it.
a little pricey but would be a perfect fit for MIN. He is exactly the type of player missing on that team.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
a little pricey but would be a perfect fit for MIN. He is exactly the type of player missing on that team.
I'm not sure about if that's what we're missing. I'd like the Wild to become a lot faster, which speed doesn't seem to be a great strength with ROR (unless I'm wrong).

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
No it is not. Suter isn't coming back until like December. Brodin is not being moved.

Coyle has likely been playing hurt all season, same as Nino. Coyle is a big, right-shot on a good contract. He is not as expendable as we think.
What pieces are you willing to move then?? Cause obviously a shakeup is needed

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Reinhart + from the Sabres.

Eichel, Mittlestadt, ROR, Ristolainen, Scandella & 2018 1st are off limits. Everything & everyone else is available to add.

Scandella off limits? Is he that important to Buffalo’s defense?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
What would you want from the Flames. I think Coyle could do really well on the 2nd line on the RW.
Doesn’t Coyle play LW? I know he’s a RHS but I thought he played better on the LW. From what I’ve heard he’s LW but can also fill in at C I never heard him playing RW

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I don't love it but I also don't hate it. I also don't know how much RoR moves the needle for us.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Definitely think you are thinking of someone else. Coyle has never played left wing.
I think Coyle would be really good with Johnny-Monny-Coyle. Much needed size and grit to that line but wayyyyy more skilled than Ferland. Or slot in on the second line with
Chucky-Backlund-Coyle --- this would be nightmare to play against.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think Coyle would be really good with Johnny-Monny-Coyle. Much needed size and grit to that line but wayyyyy more skilled than Ferland. Or slot in on the second line with
Chucky-Backlund-Coyle --- this would be nightmare to play against.
I'm a little stumped as to what we could ask Calgary for. Not that Calgary doesn't have anything of value, it just seems like we have a lot of what (I assume) would be on offer. The closest I could come was something like Coyle for Brodie with a subsequent Brodin-for-forward trade, but I dunno if that helps us or interests Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad