Speculation: Brian Wilde just said assistants and Lefebvre gone

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
On a TV hit, he said at Bergevin's Monday presser it's expected the assistant coaches and AHL coaches will be axed.

Awesome news if so.

just as long as no AHL coaches get a promotion..lol

It was a weird deal for Julien,coming here and not picking his own assts....

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
watch what happens....Ottawa fire Boucher and habs hire him for powerplay..lol

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Yeah, Wilde even admitted that he is basically persona non-grata with the Habs. He is basically just saying what we want to hear. If he is right, it is not because he knows anything ... it would be serendipity.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
He just got promoted.

Besides, who has Timmins drafted since 08?

Besides a top 3 pick and Gallagher no legit talent. Some NHLers but it’s lacking. Part of that is lack of picks during gauthier era but c’mon...

My bet is that Timmins didnt get free reign under Bergevin, considering the latter's propensity at puffin his chest when it comes to his own drafting.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Noticed a few times this season, Julien and Kirk had some tension between them discussing things on the bench....
As an associate coach rather than an assistant coach like JJ for example, Muller doesn't report to Julien. Both he and Julien have direct access to Bergevin. The assistants don't. They have to go through Julien to get to Bergevin. Julien can't fire Muller but he could probably hand any assistant their walking papers after a short conversation with Bergy.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
As an associate coach rather than an assistant coach like JJ for example, Muller doesn't report to Julien. Both he and Julien have direct access to Bergevin. The assistants don't. They have to go through Julien to get to Bergevin. Julien can't fire Muller but he could probably hand any assistant their walking papers after a short conversation with Bergy.

yup, was a few times when the camera focused in on Julien and Muller talking ,they was making some pretty weird face at each other(disagreeing )....you could tell they wasn't on the same page..

With the rising salaries in the coaching ranks, it makes it much harder to just fire the coaches....,I mean when you are paying a coach 1 million a year, you can fire him pretty easy...but when you start paying $5-6-7-$8 million a years x 4 -5 -6 years, it not so easy to just fire the coach anymore...that will be a new thing going forward, when you hire a coach you're pretty much stuck with him .....not like the old days when they made much less $$$ and fire them anytime..Mike Babcock and Claude Julien have set the new bar for salary...really changed how coaches are treated....

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Yeah, Wilde even admitted that he is basically persona non-grata with the Habs. He is basically just saying what we want to hear. If he is right, it is not because he knows anything ... it would be serendipity.
hm, brown-nosing did not help him to get a job and now he is trying to be controversial.

Reactions: Runner77

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
I think Joël Bouchard will be the new coach of the Rocket. That's what I'm hoping for.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Why? He has done an outstanding job with our young players.

I agree. And I also think that losing all that time is great for kids. It makes them learn how to deal with adversity. If anything, he should be extended or promoted.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Well the saying goes, better late than never. So I guess we should praise Bergevin(?). I'm interested to see the narrative for his defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad