Speculation: Brian Wilde just said assistants and Lefebvre gone

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Don't stop with just the assistant coaches and AHL coaching staff who should've been gone way sooner. They need to fire most of MB's stooges involved in scouting (both amateur and pro) and player development. This organization needs a major overall and a different philosophy on how to run things.

Last edited:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Too late... the damage has already been done...

For this year I would agree
But it seems like we have an interesting few players from last years draft and many picks coming up this summer
So it's not too late, au contraire when these guys come up from Juniors, they will have a much better coaching team in place in Laval (well we hope)

Reactions: sheed36

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Not Gone. Going to jail that's his reward. For all his lefebvred mediocrities crimes during all these years towards us.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Sure. But it's a recurring theme with this organization to let things degenerate to a critical, way past-due point to do something that everyone saw as an inevitable conclusion. It doesn't mean the organization is learning or woke up.

They are reactionary and also slow to react.

I think MB may be one of those people who hates firing people. Any parting of the ways that happens in life - divorce, work, friends, is usually made far too late.

Wilde may be correct. He has been pretty loyal to MB and may have some inside track.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I just hope Bergevin doesn't hire his RDS Antichambre expert buddies. With Damphouse as assistant coach, Danault and Hudon would play 30 minutes a game. With Latendresse, Galchenyuk would be a healthy scratch most games (he's actually campaigned for this almost every time he's been on the show). With Gaston Therrien, well, no, just no.

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If what Wilde is saying is true or not I will be quite disappointed if it didn't happen. A massive change is needed and it's way past due. I don't know if I've ever seen a coached fired during a season and ALL of his assistants being retained by the new guy coming in for the following season. That seems more like a move from alleged control freak Marc Bergevin and also with some of Julien's decisions this season.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
He shouldn't have made the trip to Laval in the first place. The fact he was kept on as the team moved from Hamilton to St John's and Laval despite only once making the playoffs, poor special teams and the lack of player development, why he was kept on was clearly not a hockey based decision but rather a personal one.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Nah, he posts enough that it's fun to get familiar with his language and get in on his humour, and it's also fun to guess if he's joking or not.

Anyway, despite your new and positive contributions here a newbie like you shouldn't be telling people how to post. :sarcasm:
It's specifically because I am new that I require the clarification. I don't yet know who among us is sane and who is cray-cray.

Reactions: peate

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Horrible news. I mean, these jabronis deserve the axe, but this obviously means the management team will be staying in place, which is the real problem.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
He shouldn't have made the trip to Laval in the first place. The fact he was kept on as the team moved from Hamilton to St John's and Laval despite only once making the playoffs, poor special teams and the lack of player development, why he was kept on was clearly not a hockey based decision but rather a personal one.
He was also without a contract. So not only was he retained, but it took effort to retain him.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If Timmins gets canned before the Bum, it's a total joke

But hey, hope they all get fired

Watch Carbo and Roy come in as the new assistants!!

He just got promoted.

Besides, who has Timmins drafted since 08?

Besides a top 3 pick and Gallagher no legit talent. Some NHLers but it’s lacking. Part of that is lack of picks during gauthier era but c’mon...

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He just got promoted.

Besides a top 3 pick and Gallagher no legit talent. Some NHLers but it’s lacking. Part of that is lack of picks during gauthier era but c’mon...

Tinordi and Mccarron :sarcasm:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
He just got promoted.

It seems to have gotten even worse since MB has been the GM. The TSN690 morning guys had a chat with Arpon Basu about how much influence MB has in the drafting department when it comes to picking players a couple of days ago.

Here's the audio segment.
Basu: The Bergevin influence

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
I wil,l believe this article when its a done deal.But, dont stop there,better can the Pro scouting staff and Bergies advisors in head office.Lambardi for Pres and Jean Francois Fortin or Dominique Ducharme for Laval coach.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Pro scouting has been terrible since the mid 90s no matter who's been working it. It's unreal. Just a string of failures with the odd homerun.

Personally, I think that Vaughn Karen was a great pro scout and he prouve it with Vegas but the others yess they sucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad