Speculation: Brian Wilde just said assistants and Lefebvre gone

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wait WTF! They actually pulled/removed the bergevin interview with Melnick? Habs PR department on FULL DAMAGE CONTROL! They might as well just put a muzzle on MB because there is literally nothing he can say that will make him sound intelligent at this point. Who ever compared the Habs to the KGB was bang on! It's just coverup after coverup. They must really take the fans for idiots.

It's definitely odd that the file disappeared. So the logical explanation is that it wasn't due to a technical issue.

However, if the Habs did pull strings to have it removed, they are completely behind the times. Everyone knows that once an electronic soundbyte or image is posted on the internet, it can never be removed and there will be a footprint forever. All it does now, is make the clip even more sought after.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
It's definitely odd that the file disappeared. So the logical explanation is that it wasn't due to a technical issue.

However, if the Habs did pull strings to have it removed, they are completely behind the times. Everyone knows that once an electronic soundbyte or image is posted on the internet, it can never be removed and there will be a footprint forever. All it does now, is make the clip even more sought after.

Molson is playing with a ticking timebomb. We already know what will happen next year. Bergevin will not be able to undo all of the damage he has done and turn this ship around by next season and the team will continue to struggle. How much longer will Molson be able to double down? If they are this desperate to save face the only way to do it will be to give up our 1st for some short term help.

By the way the irony of preaching "Transparency" for almost an hour at the press conference should not be understated was nothing more than lip service. I think I am legit starting to hate everyone in this organization.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Maybe but before the interview started I'm sure Melnick said that they only had MB on until 4:15 because of other commitments but the interview went a little past 4:15. I can take a guess why it was removed but I'd like to hear a confirmed reason.

Actually, I remember Melnick saying that they were promised an interview up to 4:15, which is 15 minutes' worth as it started at the top of the hour.

Then, as Bergevin was defending a point where he was taking more time than anticipated and would have taken them over the allotted time, Melnick reminded him that they were going to go over and that it had to end at 4:15, upon which Bergevin agreed to stay until 4:20.

I don't remember a time when 690 removed an audio file like that so the longer the file is unavailable the more it lends credence to a belief that the file was pulled on purpose, especially if the station doesn't post a message on their site to explain why the file is unavailable.

Oh, I see. I didn't listen to the interview live so when I heard Melnick say in the clip that they were being told that Bergevin had to go, I assumed it was because they were cutting the interview short.

The only other clip that I know got deleted after being uploaded was the Bakary Soumare (former Montreal Impact player) interview with Tony Marinaro. Soumare basically came on and started accusing Nick De Santis of being a crook who had deals with South American agents where he'd take players off their hands (he mentioned Cabrera as one of those players) and in return would get to pocket a nice chunk of money without Joey Saputo knowing about it. He then went on this very bizarre tirade where he said that the Chicago Fire forced him to play through concussions and that their team doctors basically lied to him on purpose by saying there was nothing wrong with him. The whole thing made Tony so uncomfortable that he had to end the interview and he made sure to tell the listeners that he and the station did not agree with any of what was just said. Hearing it live was so f***ing surreal... I remember sitting in the car wondering wtf was going on. The clip was uploaded to TSN 690 but then deleted a few hours later.

I think a few weeks later we found out that Soumare got sued by the Impact as well as the Chicago Fire. Chicago had also banned him from ever approaching their stadium. Later we found out that he was battling mental illness and we haven't really heard from him since.

The Impact always have the best drama. :laugh:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh, I see. I didn't listen to the interview live so when I heard Melnick say in the clip that they were being told that Bergevin had to go, I assumed it was because they were cutting the interview short.

The only other clip that I know got deleted after being uploaded was the Bakary Soumare (former Montreal Impact player) interview with Tony Marinaro. Soumare basically came on and started accusing Nick De Santis of being a crook who had deals with South American agents where he'd take players off their hands (he mentioned Cabrera as one of those players) and in return would get to pocket a nice chunk of money without Joey Saputo knowing about it. He then went on this very bizarre tirade where he said that the Chicago Fire forced him to play through concussions and that their team doctors basically lied to him on purpose by saying there was nothing wrong with him. The whole thing made Tony so uncomfortable that he had to end the interview and he made sure to tell the listeners that he and the station did not agree with any of what was just said. Hearing it live was so ****ing surreal... I remember sitting in the car wondering wtf was going on. The clip was uploaded to TSN 690 but then deleted a few hours later.

I think a few weeks later we found out that Soumare got sued by the Impact as well as the Chicago Fire. Chicago had also banned him from ever approaching their stadium. Later we found out that he was battling mental illness and we haven't really heard from him since.

Wow, that's quite the story on Soumare. I don't listen to soccer interviews but that one has me riveted.

Can one of our sleuths here dig it up somehow? It's too good to pass up. :sarcasm:

Reactions: groovejuice

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Wait WTF! They actually pulled/removed the bergevin interview with Melnick? Habs PR department on FULL DAMAGE CONTROL! They might as well just put a muzzle on MB because there is literally nothing he can say that will make him sound intelligent at this point. Who ever compared the Habs to the KGB was bang on! It's just coverup after coverup. They must really take the fans for idiots.
New era of transparency off to a flying start.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
I would not be surprised if Lefebvre is promoted as d-men coach with the Habs.

And there is nothing wrong with it. He has done it in Colorado before, and he will have less responsabilities as an assistant coach that being a head coach.
There is in fact something terribly wrong with taking someone who accomplished [checks notes] NOTHING in 6 years at the AHL level and promoting them. Most half decent businesses review a person who is a 6-year non-performer and show that person the door.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Molson is playing with a ticking timebomb. We already know what will happen next year. Bergevin will not be able to undo all of the damage he has done and turn this ship around by next season and the team will continue to struggle. How much longer will Molson be able to double down? If they are this desperate to save face the only way to do it will be to give up our 1st for some short term help.

By the way the irony of preaching "Transparency" for almost an hour at the press conference should not be understated was nothing more than lip service. I think I am legit starting to hate everyone in this organization.
Didn't the new mayor promise transparency,how well is that working out.just saying

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
lol he compared Chara to Alzner. Holy f***.

An elite defenseman can slow down and still be smart enough to be solid. A decent defenseman who slows down becomes awful.

And talking about how he did about Alzner and getting SO defensive.. but then saying Radulov can't be relied upon, hahahahahahaha. He's such an idiot.

The ONLY thing he says that makes sense is Eric Staal. But everything else? lol

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
lol he compared Chara to Alzner. Holy ****.

An elite defenseman can slow down and still be smart enough to be solid. A decent defenseman who slows down becomes awful.

And talking about how he did about Alzner and getting SO defensive.. but then saying Radulov can't be relied upon, hahahahahahaha. He's such an idiot.

The ONLY thing he says that makes sense is Eric Staal. But everything else? lol
Not just that, he also said Markov wasn't fast either. This GM argues like a 15yo clueless amateur.
They ended that segment well with Gallo and Melnyck hoping that next time Bergevin is on, he can be in studio and stay for full time duration, where they can have an actual discussion.
Seems like all Bergevin and Molson prepared for was to be defensive. Have excuses prepared and ready for anything they knew would be questioned. There was zero discussion. Reporter asks questions, Bergevin would spew out clearly scripted answers he'd though of. He struggled with all follow up questions.

Bergevin keeps questioning character or attitude, and says how it's so important, yet he continuously displays a complete lack of leadership by being incapable of admitting his wrongs. He loves to say how it's on him..but he will also add "ya there's the coaches..and players...and they can all be better...but at the end of the day it's on me".
If you truly feel like it's on you...why bring those up? Why talk about the bad attitude of players to start the year? Why say guys didn't play up to par?

If it's on you, then talk about YOU. Talk about your misevaluations and decisions. Don't talk about how Price wasn't good, talk about how it's your fault the team you built is so dependent of Carey.

He is unquestionably the worst GM of Habs I've seen.

Last edited:

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
There is in fact something terribly wrong with taking someone who accomplished [checks notes] NOTHING in 6 years at the AHL level and promoting them. Most half decent businesses review a person who is a 6-year non-performer and show that person the door.

Don’t forget Lefebvre went looking for another job last year, and returned empty handed with a three year extension waiting for him.

Maybe he is a decent assistant, some people are better at one role than the other. In Ottawa they don’t think Crawford can be an AC. I don’t like the fact that he isn’t in demand and will likely stay in Montreal.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

The only other clip that I know got deleted after being uploaded was the Bakary Soumare (former Montreal Impact player) interview with Tony Marinaro. Soumare basically came on and started accusing Nick De Santis of being a crook who had deals with South American agents where he'd take players off their hands (he mentioned Cabrera as one of those players) and in return would get to pocket a nice chunk of money without Joey Saputo knowing about it. He then went on this very bizarre tirade where he said that the Chicago Fire forced him to play through concussions and that their team doctors basically lied to him on purpose by saying there was nothing wrong with him. The whole thing made Tony so uncomfortable that he had to end the interview and he made sure to tell the listeners that he and the station did not agree with any of what was just said. Hearing it live was so ****ing surreal... I remember sitting in the car wondering wtf was going on. The clip was uploaded to TSN 690 but then deleted a few hours later.

Yeah, that sounds like a psychotic disorder (probably delusional disorder, but you never know. Was he speaking very fast ? Or was his speech incoherent ?). Not that funny when you realize how severe of an ilness they are.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Not just that, he also said Markov wasn't fast either. This GM argues like a 15yo clueless amateur.
They ended that segment well with Gallo and Melnyck hoping that next time Bergevin is on, he can be in studio and stay for full time duration, where they can have an actual discussion.
Seems like all Bergevin and Molson prepared for was to be defensive. Have excuses prepared and ready for anything they knew would be questioned. There was zero discussion. Reporter asks questions, Bergevin would spew out clearly scripted answers he'd though of. He struggled with all follow up questions.

Bergevin keeps questioning character or attitude, and says how it's so important, yet he continuously displays a complete lack of leadership by being incapable of admitting his wrongs. He loves to say how it's on him..but he will also add "ya there's the coaches..and players...and they can all be better...but at the end of the day it's on me".
If you truly feel like it's on you...why bring those up? Why talk about the bad attitude of players to start the year? Why say guys didn't play up to par?

If it's on you, then talk about YOU. Talk about your misevaluations and decisions. Don't talk about how Price wasn't good, talk about how it's your fault the team you built is so dependent of Carey.

He is unquestionably the worst GM of Habs I've seen.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although he was an amicable GM I would still put Houle ahead of The Idiot but MB still has this off season to squeeze out Peanut and my instincts tell me he won't disappoint. The more I think I about that 690 interview the more I feel like MB is not all there.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Yeah, that sounds like a psychotic disorder (probably delusional disorder, but you never know. Was he speaking very fast ? Or was his speech incoherent ?). Not that funny when you realize how severe of an ilness they are.
hearing the habs PC I surely had that feeling, look I hate his work and attitude but I dont hate the man the guy needs help I think its too much pressure for him we dont want the guy to crumble either its a job.

oh and i didnt even watched the melnick enterview, imagine

seriously Molson could be in trouble if he see clear signs the seems like he is almost torturing him if he continue to push him while he knows something is clearly wrong...

i would never tought we could have such a discussion about a gm how bad is it going in habs land... damn

Jul 6, 2016
Molson loves to live dangerously... By keeping MB as his GM. More damage to come.

And Molson said that he will be closer to his GM than anytime before. Scary.

All he has to do is hiring a Hockey Operation President and let that person do the much needed clean up.

Reactions: DXStriker

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Molson loves to live dangerously... By keeping MB as his GM. More damage to come.

And Molson said that he will be closer to his GM than anytime before. Scary.

All he has to do is hiring a Hockey Operation President and let that person do the much needed clean up.

Even Serge Savard, a guy responsible helping find Bergy is saying how the fans are feeling now is very dangerous...I mean your seeing a lot of long time fans of 20-30 40 years saying they stopped watching games...tuned out the team, some even questioning there support of the team and some looking for a new team to cheer for .....Molson is playing with fire.

Jul 6, 2016
Even Serge Savard, a guy responsible helping find Bergy is saying how the fans are feeling now is very dangerous...I mean your seeing a lot of long time fans of 20-30 40 years saying they stopped watching games...tuned out the team, some even questioning there support of the team and some looking for a new team to cheer for .....Molson is playing with fire.

Molson is destroying the Habs image and value by keeping MB and his assistants.

The best message Molson would understand will be the fall in the season tickets sale in the next few months.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

T R A N S P A R E N C Y
R
A
N
S
P
A
R
E
N
C
Y

Jul 6, 2016
Melnyck was quite clear. They have agreed on a ten minute interview, and MB spent 12 minutes with them.

It's their problem, not having negotiated a longer interview.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On the topic of Hab employees spotted working, Hinse77 posted this in another thread re a recent game he attended:

Okay. So here te sommary of the game i watched sherbrooke phoenix against titan. I was sit behind montreal canadiens staff (timmins,churla,lapointe,riendeau,audette,the old guy from us with glass and chubby... honestly. I tried to bring here some information but timmins were very very not in favour to give me some BUT. I didnt know and i was sat across denis fugere, the amateur scout from la kings.

If any of these were going to get the ax, they wouldn't be scouting for us right now.

I guess we can safely assume that Timmins, Churla, Lapointe, Riendeau, Audette are not at risk.

And there is this "old guy" with glasses and "chubby" who has not been identified.

Tonight on AC, they went through MB's personnel, which will be evaluated in the coming days:

Development Staff:

28akwj.jpg

Coaching Staff:

28al3k.jpg

No, you don't need an eye exam, the images were lifted from video and came out blurry.

I'm betting the only ones from the above who are in danger are Larry Carrière (who is close to retirement anyway) and Dan Lacroix. I'm expecting MB to reassign JJD instead of terminating him. I'm betting Lefebvre will find his way with the Habs, as part of the assistant coaches, cause cockroaches like him always find a way out.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
On the topic of Hab employees spotted working, Hinse77 posted this in another thread re a recent game he attended:

If any of these were going to get the ax, they wouldn't be scouting for us right now.

I guess we can safely assume that Timmins, Churla, Lapointe, Riendeau, Audette are not at risk.

And there is this "old guy" with glasses and "chubby" who has not been identified.

Tonight on AC, they went through MB's personnel, which will be evaluated in the coming days:

Development Staff:

28akwj.jpg

Coaching Staff:

28al3k.jpg

No, you don't need an eye exam, the images were lifted from video and came out blurry.

I'm betting the only ones from the above who are in danger are Larry Carrière (who is close to retirement anyway) and Dan Lacroix. I'm expecting MB to reassign JJD instead of terminating him. I'm betting Lefebvre will find his way with the Habs, as part of the assistant coaches at the NHL level, cause cockroaches like him always find a way out.

The attitude was missing in Laval too. Players's fault.

Lefebvre did all he could to prevent them from tying Cleveland for dead last in the AHL, but alas, them's the breaks.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->