Speculation: Brian Lawton: OEL will be the next big trade

Apr 9, 2009
USA
You keep telling yourself that, it might be true to you.
2015 Letang is a monster and it's still this year's Letang, he's just struggling like the entire team. Does that mean Crosby is now a waste too? Malkin?

Hate to say it since I'm a big fan of Letang, but if I were Arizona, I probably wouldn't entertain a trade for Letang. The injury issues are a huge negative and would definitely be a problem for me if I were an opposing GM.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Edmonton and Toronto should be all over this. Especially Edmonton they need an offensive D so bad

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
I think the Ducks may be one of like 2 teams not super interested.

They'd be interested but in no way would they be interested in the cost.

That being said, they would love to be involved in a 3-way deal a la Nashville.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Don't know if I would do it, and would only consider it if their was a gentleman agreement that OEL extends but how would Arizona fans feel about..

Draisaitl + Benning + pick

For

OEL + Duclair + pick

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He's a top 10 d-man right in his prime. When's the last time a move like that was made, besides Subban?

Being a top 10 d-man in his prime requires an ability to play good defense.

He's a glorified Tyson Barrie or Kevin Shattenkirk. Right situation with the right team he can be a great contributor. But he's no stud #1. One of the most overrated players on this board over the past 5 years or so.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Don't know if I would do it, and would only consider it if their was a gentleman agreement that OEL extends but how would Arizona fans feel about..

Draisaitl + Benning + pick

For

OEL + Duclair + pick

Drop the picks and that's probably fine.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Would love the islanders to be all over this.

Do a similar deal that COL/OTT/NSH

Islanders send out pieces along with de Haan agreeing to an extension with A third team.

OEL comes to the islanders.

Yotes get the pieces from the isles and the 3rd team.
When Stamkos was about to hit unrestricted free agency,published reports said the new owners were willing to have both Tavares and Stamkos salaries on the payroll.
Isles could offer the choice of Calgary's 1st+2nd or their own+ some quality,cost controlled youngsters not named Barzal.

Reactions: SI90

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Being a top 10 d-man in his prime requires an ability to play good defense.

He's a glorified Tyson Barrie or Kevin Shattenkirk.

You can just admit you don't watch the player in question. No need to spread lies.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad