Speculation: Brian Lawton: OEL will be the next big trade

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
We would need stuff that's closer to helping us.

To TOR:
OEL
Duclair

To ARI:
Marner
Dermott
2018 2nd
Bozak**

**helps the cap situation and can be dealt for another 2nd at the TDL.

I think we'd want an NHL piece. We need pro pieces.

To EDM:
OEL
Duclair

To ARI:
Klefbom
Puljujarvi
Bear
Draft pick

For a signed OEL I probably do this. Unsigned no way.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Arizona has a ton of holes so I wonder if they'd take a quantity-based deal like the Duchene trade.

Gardiner
Kapanen
Soshnikov
1st
2nd

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
LOL ... Pittsburgh does without question. Have you seen Letang play this year? Why would Phoenix want Letang?

I'd maybe add a 2nd and a prospect like Simon, but it wouldn't be the huge add people think it is. Yeah Letang is struggling this year, the guy missed a fair amount of time, we've all been critical of him (including myself), but he's still producing, his defensive side should get back to normal soon enough.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

To TOR:
OEL
Duclair

To ARI:
Marner
Dermott
2018 2nd
Bozak**

**helps the cap situation and can be dealt for another 2nd at the TDL.

I think we'd want an NHL piece. We need pro pieces.

To EDM:
OEL
Duclair

To ARI:
Klefbom
Puljujarvi
Bear
Draft pick

Klefbom isn't moving with his awesome contract. Easy pass

Reactions: Bretzky

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
even if Letang was playing like 2015 they would still have to add

You keep telling yourself that, it might be true to you.
2015 Letang is a monster and it's still this year's Letang, he's just struggling like the entire team. Does that mean Crosby is now a waste too? Malkin?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
None of these proposals make Arizona a better team.

If they trade their best player for futures they may as well just relocate already.

I don't buy the rumor at all

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
You keep telling yourself that, it might be true to you.
2015 Letang is a monster and it's still this year's Letang, he's just struggling like the entire team. Does that mean Crosby is now a waste too? Malkin?

that's the point. 2015 letang is a monster. 2015 letang is still injury prone and aging letang

I'd maybe add a 2nd and a prospect like Simon, but it wouldn't be the huge add people think it is. Yeah Letang is struggling this year, the guy missed a fair amount of time, we've all been critical of him (including myself), but he's still producing, his defensive side should get back to normal soon enough.

and this explains it, you're over valuing your #1 D

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
None of these proposals make Arizona a better team.

If they trade their best player for futures they may as well just relocate already.

I don't buy the rumor at all

This make sense if OEL has zero interest in staying with the Yotes long term and they are aware of it. However, outside of that I tend to agree with you.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Sens really should offer Chabot, Brown, and another piece. This really gives them an all in roster.

I think Chabot, MacArthur (Cap dump), Brown, and 2019 1st?

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Arizona has a ton of holes so I wonder if they'd take a quantity-based deal like the Duchene trade.

Gardiner
Kapanen
Soshnikov
1st
2nd

In real life, yes I'm sure they'd be perfectly open to some sort of a quantity deal. On here? Nobody's ever interested in quantity.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
You see what's happening in this thread? I'm pretty sure at least one fan from literally every team in the league has put forward an offer at this point...

That's what the 30 other GMs in the league would be doing if Chyka were to make him available.

If you're not offering A 1st + Your very best prospect + Another of your Top 5 prospects + More(Depending on how good those prospects actually are), then you're not offering enough.

I would love for the Avs to get OEL. But he's just going to cost way too much for us right now.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
2018 1st
Jones
Puljujarvi

2019 1st if you take Russell and sign Chris Kelly before Chiarelli does.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
If Trouba still plans on leaving Winnipeg, I can definitely see a Trouba+ deal for OEL. Arizona was rumoured to be interested in him when he submitted the trade request

Reactions: jgimp

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

To TOR:
OEL
Duclair

To ARI:
Marner
Dermott
2018 2nd
Bozak**

Fair offer....I'd only do the above if OEL came with a nice extension. If it's for just 2 years of OEL there's just way too much risk. Honestly, I'd still probably lean towards doing it because I'm a huge OEL fan and our defense needs a huge upgrade. Think he's the real deal.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I'm guessing his return has dropped significantly. He's a broken form of his old self and it really sucks to say that.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Bruins should offer Carlo, 1st, and a decent prospect.

That is the only type of trade I'd be OK with Carlo being traded.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Fair offer....I'd only do the above if OEL came with a nice extension. If it's for just 2 years of OEL there's just way too much risk. Honestly, I'd still probably lean towards doing it because I'm a huge OEL fan and our defense needs a huge upgrade. Think he's the real deal.

You can't extend OEL until next year, by then, Bozak is out of that trade.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad