Speculation: Brian Lawton: OEL will be the next big trade

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
OEL won't be sticking around after his contract is up. The Yotes won't be getting an elite piece for 1.5 years of OEL. In fact I see OEL getting moved in the offseason for a lesser package

It's not a bad package per se but not necessarily one where, if I'm a Yotes fan, I go "that's it, trade him".

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
They are good pieces to surround one of the Dahlin, Svechnikov or Boqvist.
That's fine. I'm not here to trash Devils players. Their fans have high hopes for them. They remind me a lot of other pieces I've previously had high hopes for that just ended of replacement level, middle line up pieces.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I get Bouwmeester hype vibes from Ekman-Larrson.

OEL has as many goals in the last 4 seasons as JB has in his ENTIRE 15-year career. JB does not run a power play. JB has ALWAYS been surrounded by more talent than OEL. Lord almighty!

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Would like to have him on the Rangers roster. but id guess you'd say Skjei and thats a no go.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
I don’t see why people think that OEL would get anywhere near what some are posting in this thread. He has played horribly this year, and most of last year. On top of that he has one year left after this year on his contract. This season is basically over for Arizona. My guess is they wait to see if they win the lottery, and then likely trade him at the draft after a contract extension is worked out with a new team.

rt

May 13, 2004
"Horribly"? Give me a break. He went from playing like a top five D in the world to merely a pretty good top pairing NHL D. Despite injuries, personal tragedy, and playing for a truly awful hockey team.

Last edited:

david999

Jan 21, 2011
"Horribly"? Give me a break. He went from playing like a top five D in the world to merely a pretty good top pairing NHL D. Despite injuries, personal tragedy, and playing for a truly awful hockey team.

You’re right, horribly is a strong word to use. Let’s say not up to the standards he set earlier in his career.

Reactions: rt

Richhfx

Jul 2, 2014
Halifax
Wonder if Canes fans would go for OEL(50% retained) in exchange for Hanifin and a 2nd.
How do you say that Severson, Zacha and a 1st isn't close - but Hanifin and a 2nd (albeit 50% retained on a completely reasonable contact) are compared? Wut.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
I wouldn't even call OEL a top 5 Swedish defenseman anymore, it's time to stop cutting him slack because he plays in a small market. He's clearly behind Ekholm, Hedman, Karlsson and Klingberg, and at this point I'd say H. Lindholm too.

Brodie and a 2nd.

rt

May 13, 2004
It means that "Carlo and a 1st" isn't sniffing OEL for Boston. He would command much more.
Thank you!

Can we trade OEL and Schenn (50% retention) for Krug and Carlo and some other stuff that is good? Duclair is probably available too. Love the kid, but two coaching staffs in a row have taken shits on his head and he's ready to take his skills elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad