Injury Report: Brent Seabrook. . .?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I've been busy and haven't kept up. Lots of back and forth in this thread.

So, can someone give me the Cliff's
Notes?

What's the current status of Seabrook? He in or out? Make the trip to Col?

What's the speculation/rumor mill?

Doesn't look like he made the trip to Colorado.
Cliff notes everyone hates his contract.
Should be some clarity when the hawks head back to Chicago in regards to his injury or whatever.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Doesn't look like he made the trip to Colorado.
Cliff notes everyone hates his contract.
Should be some clarity when the hawks head back to Chicago in regards to his injury or whatever.
But with others we at least know what's up.

I get that hockey is nebulous and shares nothing. Guy gets his leg severed at the kneecap by a rabid pitbull and they call it a 'lower body injury'

The fact that they've said nothing about what the ailment is is kinda bizarre. Even for hockey

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
But with others we at least know what's up.

I get that hockey is nebulous and shares nothing. Guy gets his leg severed at the kneecap by a rabid pitbull and they call it a 'lower body
injury'

The fact that they've said nothing about what the ailment is is kinda bizarre. Even for hockey

It is very weird. I think both sides are coming up with something. Who knows what though.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
This Seabrook injury thing is so weird. In every other case Colliton has specified what the area was if a guy was getting checked out. Like they don't say upper/lower body. The say ankle, groin, shoulder etc. In this case there isn't even a ball park.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
This Seabrook injury thing is so weird. In every other case Colliton has specified what the area was if a guy was getting checked out. Like they don't say upper/lower body. The say ankle, groin, shoulder etc. In this case there isn't even a ball park.

It is entirely possible there's nothing wrong with him.

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and BK

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
It is entirely possible there's nothing wrong with him.

I mean I'm sure every hockey player over 30 has some nagging injuries.

But would the team leave him home on a road trip or would Seabrook refuse to go? I can't see either of those scenarios. So maybe they offered him this as a way of saving face knowing he's gonna be scratched?

Reactions: LDF

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

But would the team leave him home on a road trip or would Seabrook refuse to go? I can't see either of those scenarios. So maybe they offered him this as a way of saving face knowing he's gonna be scratched?

Could be a few different scenarios. Maybe he really does have some kind of nagging injuries. Maybe there was a conflict between Seabrook and Colliton when he told him he was scratched again against Colorado, and Hawks are just trying to keep it under wraps? Maybe Seabrook wants out, and Hawks are giving him and his agent time to find a trade while he's scratched? I haven't heard anything about it, so it is being kept behind closed doors. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. That's for sure.

One thing is clear. You have to leave him out of the lineup at this point.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I honestly think it’s a smokescreen. I don’t think anyone apart from McDonough envisions a future with Seabrook on the team.

These nagging injuries are to save his feelings. The team looks so much better with guys who can actually skate. He did a lot for the Hawks, but it’s time to sit at home and collect your pay checks, nothing wrong with that.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I honestly think it’s a smokescreen. I don’t think anyone apart from McDonough envisions a future with Seabrook on the team.

These nagging injuries are to save his feelings. The team looks so much better with guys who can actually skate. He did a lot for the Hawks, but it’s time to sit at home and collect your pay checks, nothing wrong with that.

Sure would be nice to get out of that cap hit...but that's a pipe dream.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Could be a few different scenarios. Maybe he really does have some kind of nagging injuries. Maybe there was a conflict between Seabrook and Colliton when he told him he was scratched again against Colorado, and Hawks are just trying to keep it under wraps? Maybe Seabrook wants out, and Hawks are giving him and his agent time to find a trade while he's scratched? I haven't heard anything about it, so it is being kept behind closed doors. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. That's for sure.

One thing is clear. You have to leave him out of the lineup at this point.
alot of maybe's in your post that can't be denied nor overlook.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

excellent .....

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
That had to be a tough game for Seabrook to watch from home. The team battled together, hard hitting, the Gilbert/Skog fight, first comeback win in the 3rd period of the season.

Now request a trade you mook.

excellent word which i haven't heard in many a days...... ah old time in Chi ......

i will settle for a LTIR.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
That had to be a tough game for Seabrook to watch from home. The team battled together, hard hitting, the Gilbert/Skog fight, first comeback win in the 3rd period of the season.

Idk man everyone talks up Seabrook that he’s a great locker room guy. Yes his play and contract suck but I’m sure he’s happy for his teammates getting a huge win. Or do you mean he’s mad he missed out on being part of it?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Conspiracy theory : Seabrook knows he's hurting the team, the Hawks want to move on from his contract, Seabrook wants to keep his money. Seabrook is in Chicago being examined by every doctor in the city so they can find a legit LTIRetirement injury that the NHL can't complain about. Hawks are pretty sure they can find something legit in a 34 year old hockey player. They just have to find a legit medical issue. If they can't they'll re-evaluate from there.

Reactions: Idionym and LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Conspiracy theory : Seabrook knows he's hurting the team, the Hawks want to move on from his contract, Seabrook wants to keep his money. Seabrook is in Chicago being examined by every doctor in the city so they can find a legit LTIRetirement injury that the NHL can't complain about. Hawks are pretty sure they can find something legit in a 34 year old hockey player. They just have to find a legit medical issue. If they can't they'll re-evaluate from there.
for me it is easy..... complications from so many concussions. he hasn't been the same since his last one..... as i have stated many times before.

however as you also said, Seabs wants the rest of his money..... i do not blame him. the chi org was dumb to offer it, then it is on them to deal with it and i am sure Seabs is thanking the hockey gods for the NMC.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I don’t think he actually believes he’s hurting the team.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
this reminds me the the twilight career of Carlton Fisk and Walter Payton. they to didn't think their career end was there. they kept on making the same excuses as Seabs in the post above.

he should just keep him mouth shut and work with a team that appreciated him and will work with him for him to get his money.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Friedman discussed Seabrook Saturday night, said he could be out for a while depending on whatever they find.
Headlines: Why the Oilers passed on Taylor Hall - Sportsnet.ca
giphy (17).gif

Lets hope friedman is right

Reactions: Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad