Injury Report: Brent Seabrook. . .?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This screams of the Hawks forcing Seabrook to either take LTIR or get so frustrated that he nulls the contract just so he can play somewhere else, ala Kovalchuk.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
This screams of the Hawks forcing Seabrook to either take LTIR or get so frustrated that he nulls the contract just so he can play somewhere else, ala Kovalchuk.
or making him wake up and smell the coffee.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Given the fact that he doesn't think he's been bad this season, he probably thinks he can sign with another team for $4-5m. Maybe not during the season, but in the offseason.

So if he feels he's being unfairly treated here and thinks he can make most of what he's owed by terminating this contract and signing elsewhere, I could see him doing it.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Given the fact that he doesn't think he's been bad this season, he probably thinks he can sign with another team for $4-5m. Maybe not during the season, but in the offseason.

So if he feels he's being unfairly treated here and thinks he can make most of what he's owed by terminating this contract and signing elsewhere, I could see him doing it.

That would be lighting money on fire for Seabs

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
That would be lighting money on fire for Seabs
Oh I know. But if he thought he was still good enough (he isn't) to make most of that back (he wont), and he missed being a part of a team and not just some guy being told to stay home, I could see a small possibility that he does it.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

He’s got an agent. No way he’s that dumb.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Maybe JC said eff it and went into the gilded offices and said YOU BROUGHT ME HERE TO FIX THIS TEAM, I WILL ICE THE PLAYERS I FEEL GIVE US THE BEST SHOT AT WINNING. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT? JUST LET ME KNOW.
then i would clap and proclaim that JC finally grew a pair.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Maybe JC said eff it and went into the gilded offices and said YOU BROUGHT ME HERE TO FIX THIS TEAM, I WILL ICE THE PLAYERS I FEEL GIVE US THE BEST SHOT AT WINNING. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT? JUST LET ME KNOW.

That's what I would do. I mean, if they are gonna fire you for the team sucking, you at least do things your way, and on your terms. Especially with management giving him the ultimatum about their "style".

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Have to wonder if there has been some effect from the last healthy scratch to now where things escalated behind the scenes and it reached a tipping point when Colliton effectively said Seabrook isn't a better option than Bovist and Gilbert

And I’m sure Seabrook heard that message loud and clear. I’d imagine he knows his career in Chicago is over and is hoping for a resolution that tarnishes his legacy the least

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I'm trying my best stay outta this thread ... but ... this IS - generational - gold.
Wherever you are Boxcar65, Merry Christmas. ;-)
Musto you truly are a beauty.

And to all in this HFawks intraboard squabble ... the fact that this thread 7 pages long tells how F'n Hawkmad we are. I love it.

Mandog simply wasn’t a good fit in Chicago. Such a shame.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad