Injury Report: Brent Seabrook. . .?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Uggh, was afraid of that. The NHL CBA is tricky with tbst stuff. Doesn't really provide CAP relief does it?
This best explains it, as i understand it.

""""Basically, the salary for a player on LTIR still counts against the cap, but if the team reaches the cap ceiling, they are permitted to go above the cap. This over cap relief is limited to the size of the LTIR'd contract(s) cap hit(s), and the "extra" cap space can't be used to pay out bonuses. This means teams who are using LTIR relief cap space and have to pay performance bonuses have to carry those bonus overages into the next season, essentially using next year's cap space to pay them.
As an example, say a player with a yearly cap hit of $3.2 million is placed on LTIR. If the team they're with is $10 million under the cap before the LTIR, they remain $10 million under the cap after. If, however, they picked up some players that came to a total cap hit of $12 million, they would still be cap compliant despite being $2 million over the cap, as the extra $2 million would be counted against the $3.2 million in LTIR relief.""""""

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
He wont "retire medically". He'll go on LTIR.[/
Giovi and others, a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2020.
Am looking forward to throwing away my glasses for the year ahead.
Wanted to say thank you and to the other classy persons for never lowering yourself to the childish antics that many have been spewing in regards to Brent Seabrook about his on ice performance and now especially in regards that just may be a very serious health situation.
He’s been a warrior from day one and truly believe he has always done his utmost best every time he stepped onto the ice.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Merry Christmas doug! And i'll never talk shit about Seabs. Like you said, a warrior and a legend for the Hawks during their cup run. Age and other factors have taken their toll. I've always been a huge fan, going back to when he played in the dub. Hopefully, this somehow turns out ok for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad