Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux from NYR to LA for a 4th

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
McLellan, Quick speak on Lemieux + Notes on Byfield, Doughty & Grundstrom - LA Kings Insider

“I spoke to Brendan, we talked about him taking care of his teammates and how much we appreciate it,” McLellan said. “He’s got a team full of supporters today that are happy he’s a part of the group and he does his job and he does it very well.”

“What’s important is what we say about Brendan and what we think about Brendan and that’s pretty clear in our locker room.”

God bless Quickie:

"Speaking of those inside the locker room, goaltender Jonathan Quick was……well, quick to speak about his teammate during today’s media availabilities and address last night’s situation, and Lemieux overall.

“I have my own opinion about what happened, or did not happen last night, and what I can tell you is that any comments that were made about Pep were garbage,” Quick said. “He’s a valuable player who sticks up for his teammates. We all support him and I’d rather have him on my team over that kid any day of the week.”"

"that kid" made me spit out my drink, such a JQ thing to say :laugh:

I have no doubt he was an absolute turd to teammates in the past but it's pretty clear that has yet to surface here.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Don't like this deal. I know it is a low purchase cost but this guy has same mind set as DeAngelo who cannot score. Guy seems like a DB on the ice and honestly would rather play Wagner. Given there already is too many players competing for bottom 6 roles this makes no sense.

Bump

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Still wrong.

Ya guys cause who bite guys are not Douche bags.
I still feel valid in my opinion at the time of the trade I did not like it as he is a douche on and off the ice, nothing has changed my mind on that. Plus I did not see the point of acquiring given the log jam of 4th line players LA had and has. Doesn't matter he came cheap.
I will say his recent play was starting to turn me this just was a reminder of what :eek::eek::eek::eek: he is.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Lol I just don't get the deangelo comparison did he bite his teammate. You're just making yourself look dumb by using this incident as a reason it was a bad trade

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Only King with more goals in November is Kempe, and see the above quotes from TM and Quick about what he means to the team.

You're free to not like him, of course, but a lot of the evidence runs to the contrary of your reasoning.

I think the coach has to defend his players. On one hand I am glad Quick came to a teammates defense on the other I wonder why a player with a letter on his jersey has not. Is that poor leadership from his peers or maybe they are unsure of they guy? Maybe I am reading too much into that.

I will say the reporters validating Tkachuk's comments is right on point with my reasoning. People are saying "i don't see any former teammates speaking out against Lemieux" true, but also there are none coming to his defense.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Plus I did not see the point of acquiring given the log jam of 4th line players LA had and has. Doesn't matter he came cheap.
I will say his recent play was starting to turn me this just was a reminder of what :eek::eek::eek::eek: he is.

I don't think you've been watching very much Kings hockey the last couple years ... everyone knows the team needed more bite in their game and Lemieux has been awesome for us this year.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think the coach has to defend his players. On one hand I am glad Quick came to a teammates defense on the other I wonder why a player with a letter on his jersey has not. Is that poor leadership from his peers or maybe they are unsure of they guy? Maybe I am reading too much into that.

I will say the reporters validating Tkachuk's comments is right on point with my reasoning. People are saying "i don't see any former teammates speaking out against Lemieux" true, but also there are none coming to his defense.
'

THat's probably because this is already an overblown circus, and it's clear they asked TM and Quick specifically. I certainly wouldn't be running to grab a microphone right now even though it seems HNIC/Sportsnet are sending them to anyone with an asshole and an opinion on the topic.

Reactions: kinghock and YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
'

THat's probably because this is already an overblown circus, and it's clear they asked TM and Quick specifically. I certainly wouldn't be running to grab a microphone right now even though it seems HNIC/Sportsnet are sending them to anyone with an asshole and an opinion on the topic.

true about overblown, however Tkachuk's comments were pretty direct. Take the biting thing out of it, and it's his quote that I agree with and causes me the most concern.

When someone puts there fingers in a players mouth biting is going to happen. The Biter should be suspended, but the league has a lot of past bites in its history.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean there's no secret about Brendan's history and family legacy. You would have to imagine the Kings brought him aboard knowing all of the above and setting pretty strict standards. On one hand, it only took a quarter season for an over-the-top incident; on the other, it was him sticking up for a teammate before turning into a psycho, it's not like he's out there taking selfish penalties--remember when he had that Duck or whoever on the ground and could have killed him, but backed off? I'm sure they'll have another conversation but all the evidence we've seen on the ice and behind the scenes suggests he's not only been a stereotypical 'good teammate' but also at least a minor leadership figure on and off the ice (he seems to absolutely LOVE Kaliyev haha). The moment he's not, I'm sure he'd be gone, there's no way he's not on thin ice.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I mean there's no secret about Brendan's history and family legacy. You would have to imagine the Kings brought him aboard knowing all of the above and setting pretty strict standards. On one hand, it only took a quarter season for an over-the-top incident; on the other, it was him sticking up for a teammate before turning into a psycho, it's not like he's out there taking selfish penalties--remember when he had that Duck or whoever on the ground and could have killed him, but backed off? I'm sure they'll have another conversation but all the evidence we've seen on the ice and behind the scenes suggests he's not only been a stereotypical 'good teammate' but also at least a minor leadership figure on and off the ice (he seems to absolutely LOVE Kaliyev haha). The moment he's not, I'm sure he'd be gone, there's no way he's not on thin ice.

also him and Brady have history. so I think that played into it.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Aside from the possiblity of transmitting HIV, I"m ok with it. He jammed his fingers in his mouth. Dumb ass move on Tkachuks part. You don't stick your hand in someone's mouth because then you can start doing internal damage to someone's mouth causing them to sip fluids for a week, drop weight etc, infection etc. . Don't get between a man and his paycheck or his dinner.

Take the suspension and move on. I'm gonna say he gets a few games.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Aside from the possiblity of transmitting HIV, I"m ok with it. He jammed his fingers in his mouth. Dumb ass move on Tkachuks part. You don't stick your hand in someone's mouth because then you can start doing internal damage to someone's mouth causing them to sip fluids for a week, drop weight etc, infection etc. . Don't get between a man and his paycheck or his dinner.

Take the suspension and move on. I'm gonna say he gets a few games.

I think NHL's history is 2 games for biting (as per Jeff Marek on 32 thoughts), but I think this is going to be north of 5. Covid has changed the seriousness of this sort of thing and I think because of the player it will be more. Imagine if Marchand licked someone now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad