Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux from NYR to LA for a 4th

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
There's no betting, it was easy to see Brady scratching clawing and gouging. You can see when Pepe goes nuclear, he's trying to get off the pile and is restrained by both refs when, in Tkachuk family fashion, Brady takes some free shots...then when on top of him Brady is going for the orfices.

I'm not excusing the bite but I can definitely see why Lemieux absolutely lost his mind, I'd do the same except I'd probably be trying to roll my elbow into his face/neck

Watching it in real-time that's exactly what I thought was happening. I didn't even think that Lemieux was going to bite him. And at the same time if I'm not mistaken the referees were essentially pinning his hands in their set position so he could not even use them. How else are you going to get a hand off of your face when you can't use your own hands?

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Looking at that player safety video, there's another angle I don't think was shown before that shows Lemieux doing his chopping, but man, there's a whole lot of hands and fingers in his face lol

F80Bb31

Last edited:

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
There's no betting, it was easy to see Brady scratching clawing and gouging. You can see when Pepe goes nuclear, he's trying to get off the pile and is restrained by both refs when, in Tkachuk family fashion, Brady takes some free shots...then when on top of him Brady is going for the orfices.

I'm not excusing the bite but I can definitely see why Lemieux absolutely lost his mind, I'd do the same except I'd probably be trying to roll my elbow into his face/neck
Not a big fan of that sucker punch delivered while Lemieux was wrapped up by the refs and backing off. I hope Lemieux feeds Ta-up-chuck his teeth next time they meet for feeding Lemieux his hand.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
figured there's be some secret angle we never saw since they went straight to in-person

don't think it's any accident that lemieux bit down but it's also no accident brady was mashing his hands around his face like that.. if any of you have ever wrestled or rolled with someone who thinks they need to palm your mouth all the time, it ends up there pretty quick. if you're not getting a finger in your mouth, it's gouging your eyes or fingernails are slicing you up

agreed with most people that the linesman should've just stayed out of it and let them fight, it's honestly his fault that it went to the ground at all

way she goes

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC

I'm surprised it was only 5 games. I really thought they would give him more just because. That said, why did it take all day to announce this? Maybe Brendan was pleading his case for awhile. That's the only thing I can think of.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
You can’t bite a dude! 5 games is fine and warranted. I bet Brady doesn’t put his hand near Pepe’s mouth again.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Apparently he tried to argue brady cut it on his tooth and he was only disciplined for one bite rather than two

so there's your 5 games instead of 10 haha

also Lemieux's defense:

757bdc25-3811-46e3-aa3b-43347807132e_text.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I would bet that's the first thing he does. I know I would troll a biter.

He will. Matt will too. Then both will throw punches from behind a ref or barrier or try to spot pick someone small out of the crowd. Then their legends will continue to grow because somehow HNIC can't tell 'old time hockey' from a hole in the ground at this point.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Totally worth it seeing Tkachuk cry.
We see who is the whiner is in the Tkachuk family.Dont put your hands in a man's face while on the ground and you won't get bit.I am sure Brady was getting in some kind of cheap shots when he got bit.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
This is a bizarre and disturbing, I mean who bites someone? I am a bit surprised that there are a few here minimizing it. Lemieux has been a very positive player on the ice for the Kings this season, but so was Sean Avery. This just seems to add validity to the speculation that Lemieux has a few screws loose. I hope the coaches and management have a nice long discussion with him. With as well as he's played and with him still being only 25, he has a chance to have a long and fruitful career, but he has to make better decisions or he will end up washed out.

Last edited:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
This is a bizarre and disturbing, I mean who bites someone?

Not trying to act like I know or have experience....but we're talking about guys taking fists to the face, being slammed to the ice, etc. Can't imagine you have a whole lot of time to really think about your next move when you are in that situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad