Player Discussion Brandon Pirri

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Please, no domino talk because we got a cheap third liner at best.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
High volume shooter and a powerplay threat. Never hurts to have good offensive depth

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Could be a trade looming, could be insurance in case Vesey and Buch struggle early...my guess is the latter, but you never know.

Yeah that's my thought. Not a sure thing that a trade is coming just basedon this move, could be "insurance" in case a prospect isn't ready.

Or...could be to cover for a trade, guess we'll see!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I like the idea of a player with a great shot on the powerplay.

Not sure how I feel about that cutting into Buchnevich/Vesey PP time, though. Now we've got 10 forwards who ought to be on the PP.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
either that or the new way of thinking is to sign as many players as possible and let them fight to the literal death in training camp

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope there's a trade coming, otherwise we might be burying Buch or Vesey.

Trade Nash or Zucc. Would prefer a Nash trade.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I like the idea of a player with a great shot on the powerplay.

Not sure how I feel about that cutting into Buchnevich/Vesey PP time, though. Now we've got 10 forwards who ought to be on the PP.

Getting Stepan off of it would be a step in the right direction.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Where the hell are all these forwards fitting in the lineup? The top 6 is set in stone, Hayes and Fast will be on the roster somewhere, Glass too. That leaves 3 spots for Grabner, Vesey, Buch, Pirri, Gerbe, Jooris, Lindberg (when healthy), Hrivik, Jensen.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Could be a trade looming, could be insurance in case Vesey and Buch struggle early...my guess is the latter, but you never know.

the Rangers will have 19 forwards with good NHL chances this training camp. they have more than enough insurance withougt signing Pirri, Don't buy it

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Where the hell are all these forwards fitting in the lineup? The top 6 is set in stone, Hayes and Fast will be on the roster somewhere, Glass too. That leaves 3 spots for Grabner, Vesey, Buch, Pirri, Gerbe, Jooris, Lindberg (when healthy), Hrivik, Jensen.

I know it's popular to assume AV will play Glass no matter what, but I don't think it's very likely at this point. The writing is on the wall. For all we know, the Rangers will trade Glass now. His cap hit is 1.45 mil, but he only makes 1 mil in actual salary this year.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Please, no domino talk because we got a cheap third liner at best.

Why not? The Rangers now have EIGHTEEN forwards who have either played in the NHL or are high profile prospects who are believed ready to play. Clearly something's gotta give. If they deal any of them, it's a logical chain.

Florida would just make it CLASSIC dominoes, as opposed to regular old dominoes.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Buchnevich - Zibanejad - Zuccarello
Vesey - Hayes - Miller
Glass - Lapierre - _______
________ / _________

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Well we're going to have depth this year and if nothing else later on in the year we could trade him for a draft pick.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Why not? The Rangers now have SEVENTEEN forwards who have either played in the NHL or are high profile prospects who are believed ready to play. Clearly something's gotta give. If they deal any of them, it's a logical chain.

Florida would just make it CLASSIC dominoes, as opposed to regular old dominoes.

I count 19. Buch Vesey Fast Hrivik Lindberg Step Kreid Miller Hayes Zib Zucc Pirri Jooris Grabner Glass Lapierre Jensen Gerbe Nash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad