Brandon Pirri

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I see him switching in and out of the 4th line with Thorton, depending on the other teams fighters.

That is unless Pirri finds out how to get white-hot again.

It sucks his injuries make him earn his spot, again.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I see him switching in and out of the 4th line with Thorton, depending on the other teams fighters.

What ever the injury was to his left shoulder, it's going to take time to get comfortable again. Let's see how he reacts to a hit, shoots the puck, and passes. Also, the time he gets on the PP (if they can ever actually draw a penalty) is an indicator of where Gallant sees his shot at this point.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Pirri on the 4th line. Give me a break. This guy is a sniper. One of the few on the team who is willing to shoot the puck. Honestly, I think this guy will be our Patrick Sharp. Yeah that might seem crazy, but I have real belief in him. Big fan of Pirri. Hopefully Jagr can teach him a thing or two as well!

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
If we're doing Pirri on the 4th line... Sell high.

Otherwise he goes on the top two lines. No way Boyes or Flash belong there.

Kevin4762

Jan 7, 2015

4th line? He's not even close to being a checking line player. He's a 3rd line scoring center/winger at worst.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I'm watching the Rags-Flyers game and they were talking about Pirri a bit, saying he's a really talented player, led the AHL in scoring, etc.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
I'm watching the Rags-Flyers game and they were talking about Pirri a bit, saying he's a really talented player, led the AHL in scoring, etc.

in the 12-13 season(AHL) this was his stat line.

22G-53A=75 Points in 76 games.

Not so many goals suprisingly.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
he should be on the 2nd. 3rd at worst if they don't like his defensive abilities or think he's just a shooter and not much of an overall skilled player. he'll also be in the pp a lot. with the 2 today he now has 5 pp goals out of his 11. i want him with bjugstad, but while trocheck is up i actually prefer him with tro since he'll pass with him more and utilize him more.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Who cares what line he's on. He shines on the powerplay. Put Bjugstad on the left dot and Pirri on the right during any type of man-advantage. Teams at least will have to guess who to lean towards more and maybe one of 'em gets freed up for a one-timer.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Who cares what line he's on. He shines on the powerplay. Put Bjugstad on the left dot and Pirri on the right during any type of man-advantage. Teams at least will have to guess who to lean towards more and maybe one of 'em gets freed up for a one-timer.

I was kind of thinking this too... then they can't cheat to one side.. only problem would be our 2nd unit then would have virtually nothing if they don't score

Jan 19, 2006
I was left wondering during the game what kind of an effect having Pirri in the top 6 would have had this season if Yandle hadn't scrambled his egg...

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I was left wondering during the game what kind of an effect having Pirri in the top 6 would have had this season if Yandle hadn't scrambled his egg...

I wouldn't be shocked if he was leading the team In goals... dude just gets shots off from anywhere...much needed on this team...

Kevin4762

Jan 7, 2015

Seriously? A player that skilled should not be wasting his talents on the few 4th line minutes players usually get (this team is the exception). A top 6 player should never be playing 4th line minutes when he'd be more effective in a top 6 role. Seems kind of obvious to be honest.

Last edited:

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
He's that young sniper we really need. Also a pretty good passer. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
YbsgieK.png

When you take out the stretch where Pirri didn't register a point after he returned from his concussion; he has had a pretty good campaign.

19 games = 13 goals, 2 assists, 15 points

Post concussion 13 games = nothing

**** you, Yandle.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
YbsgieK.png

When you take out the stretch where Pirri didn't register a point after he returned from his concussion; he has had a pretty good campaign.

19 games = 13 goals, 2 assists, 15 points

Post concussion 13 games = nothing

**** you, Yandle.

He's the real deal. He has legit 30-35 goal potential, especially with our improved PP. He needs more ice time.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
That shot total is encouraging too. Even though his % is very high right now, maintaining that amount (at least 3 per) is good sign he can be a consistent scorer.

From his time off his skating seems to be improved as well. He is much quicker than in the beginning of the year.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
That shot total is encouraging too. Even though his % is very high right now, maintaining that amount (at least 3 per) is good sign he can be a consistent scorer.

From his time off his skating seems to be improved as well. He is much quicker than in the beginning of the year.

Seems like a lot of guys are quicker as the season has wore on. Barkov is better on his skates, Huberdeau seems better, I'd say Ekblad has improved. Hayes was better from the beginning compared to last year, but it's still improvement. I wonder if the team had something to do with that or if the kids did it on their own

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

He also has a shoot first mentality which pretty much nobody else does on this team. Maybe Hayes and maybe Bjugstad. No surprise these are our best goal scorers. Crazy that even at the pro level, you need to emphasize that shooting the puck results in goals and going to the net results in goals yet they want to pass it so often for the perfect play around the perimeter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad