Player Discussion Brandon Montour

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Dominated college, dominated AHL,....Dominating NHL?

Just kidding. But in all seriousness he's probably solidified his spot for next year already

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Maybe that statement that we would need Nylander back in exchange for him isn't that far off...

Backpack

Sep 24, 2011
Baldwin Hills
Somehow, someway, if we can keep Vats and roll a D-core of:

Fowler-Manson
Lindholm-Montour
WhoCares-Vatanen

Now that is a talented, young, mobile defense with enough grit to run with anyone.

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Somehow, someway, if we can keep Vats and roll a D-core of:

Fowler-Manson
Lindholm-Montour
WhoCares-Vatanen

Now that is a talented, young, mobile defense with enough grit to run with anyone.

Only way i can see that happening is if we flip Theodore to Vegas in a deal to protect everyone else.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Only way i can see that happening is if we flip Theodore to Vegas in a deal to protect everyone else.

yep. Still have two big problems though:

1. $$$. Unless we've somehow magically wished away Bieksa, Despres, and Stoner, we can't afford that D. Getting rid one will be difficult as is.

2. We really need to flip one of our D to upgrade the forwards as well since we're not going to be able to re-sign Eaves most likely.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Despres getting hurt is seriously such a bummer. He added good grit to our d line while still being able to make a good first pass. A Despres mountour would be great

Oct 18, 2011
was outstanding tonight never at all felt nervous when he was on the ice that kid honestly thinks he's the best player on the ice when he steps on it and is going to be a star for a long time

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He has a chance to be an all star. The decision making is so impressive from a rookie

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I said it in the GDT, but again the deceptive he shows with the puck on his stick on the blueline is unbelievable - I can't wait to see him make that offensive breakthrough as all the tools are there for him to be elite in that regard. Hopefully that defensive game keeps taking steps forward too.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He's the real deal. He's streets ahead of Theodore right now and fits like a glove with Lindholm playing top matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad