Speculation: Boychuck injured,is Hutton a possibility?

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Sbisa hasn't played in months and was the worst defensemen on the team when he was playing. He played at the same time Hickey did was and was significantly worse. Hickey lost his spot due to injury, not because of bad play. They aren't going to call up an inexperienced smaller defenseman for a playoff game unless they absolutely have to.
Leddy and Hickey together doesn't sound too appealing to me...

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Hickey has experience only. Aho is much more skilled and has performed well in professional leagues outside the NHL. People once thought Brian Strait was a great option.
Experience doesn't equate to talent. This line of thinking would have kept Toews down in Bridgeport all year. The irony is if Hickey didn't get hurt Toews might still be in the Ahl.
Experience doesn't equate to talent. But experience with the Trotz system equates to winning. Give me the guy who has been practicing and playing with the team all year over the kid.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Sbisa hasn't played in months and was the worst defensemen on the team when he was playing. He played at the same time Hickey did was and was significantly worse. Hickey lost his spot due to injury, not because of bad play. They aren't going to call up an inexperienced smaller defenseman for a playoff game unless they absolutely have to.
Great common sense post!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It occasionally happens where one of these guys is called up but you need a boat load of injuries for it to occur

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
No. It’s not even close. Trotz is going to trust Hickey. People will complain but it’s the logical move.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
No. It’s not even close. Trotz is going to trust Hickey. People will complain but it’s the logical move.

Inevitably though someone else on D is gonna get hurt. When that happens I would not in the least be surprised if we see Hutton or Aho. Their patience with Sbisa was minimal this year and I just don’t see them going to Seidenberg. Sbisa will be the first guy in if a second injury happens, but if he stinks the joint up he will be out after one game of doing so

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Setting aside whether Lou/Trotz would do it, to play in the NHL wouldn't they have to sign him to a contract?

norwegianislander

May 9, 2009
Hamar, Norway
Sibisa and Seidenberg arent playing for the Isles ever again. It's Hickey and then Aho. Aho is a fantastic player and you can't give him shit for last year. Then you must scream at the TV every time Nick "-42 last year" Leddy is on the ice.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Setting aside whether Lou/Trotz would do it, to play in the NHL wouldn't they have to sign him to a contract?
He is signed. One year ELC.

I think a lot of dominoes would have to fall, and in a bad direction, for us to see a player like Hutton anytime this playoff year.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Makar was a top five pick if I am correct while Hutton was an undrafted free agent. They are not even comparable.
Hutton is the wrong guy to be making a case for promotion. If you were calling for a defenseman to be called up it would have to be Sebastian Aho. Has NHL experience from last season and is ostensibly Bridgeport’s best defenseman this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad