OT: Boxing Thread

• Thread starter BarbaraAlphanse
  • Start date

BarbaraAlphanse

Stevenson has gone running to the hills against any solid 175 pounder since he signed with Al Haymon --- as most fighters do under his control. Biggest chump in boxing.

I hope to see it in December. Sergey hates him. "**** Adonis Stevenson". Lol. Type of fight that would pump life back into the sport.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
I could have sworn that Lara called out GGG last year and then pulled out at the last second due to contractual problems w how he was being promoted. He is 20-2-2. Let's not make him out to be someone spectacular that people are ducking. Ward is, imo, the best of the bunch that GGG is rumored to face.
Lara isn't great, but he'd be by far the best fighter Golovkin ever faced. As it stands, it's Geale or Stevens, who are both terrible.

BarbaraAlphanse

Lara isn't great, but he'd be by far the best fighter Golovkin ever faced. As it stands, it's Geale or Stevens, who are both terrible.

I'd think Murray.

Geale didn't show much. Stevens looked decent but hasn't done much after that fight.

Lara would be in the same crop of opponent, I feel like.

To be honest, I feel like there isn't much elite boxing talent.

Canelo and Mayweather are elite from 148-160? Lemieux and Golovkin unproven but potentially up there, too?

Cotto a step below.

That's about it. That's about how I see it. And I think none of those fighters can beat GGG. I don't even think Ward can. But that will be his toughest battle, whenever it happens.

Wolfy*

Boxing thread? I'm 268 lbs of muscle, but I have no idea how to box, throwing a haymaker I'd probably kill someone. Could be force as a hockey player though, maybe a little slow..

BarbaraAlphanse

Looks like GGG has his next fight in September.

Froch in Wembley for his farewell fight.

Wow. Big time fight right there.

BarbaraAlphanse

Please please please let this GGG Mayweather fight happen.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Please please please let this GGG Mayweather fight happen.

I hope so, but I don't think it will. GGG called Floyd out. That doesn't mean Floyd's going to want to fight him. He knows that Golovkin is the only serious contender to him having an undefeated career. In fact, if he fought Golovkin, I think Floyd would be KO within three rounds.

BarbaraAlphanse

Golovkin should stop calling fighters out two weight classes below him.

Maybe fighters that want to be considered "TBE" should fight the best? What a concept that Floyd seems to have never gotten, yet insists on continuing to brand himself as best ever.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Maybe fighters that want to be considered "TBE" should fight the best? What a concept that Floyd seems to have never gotten, yet insists on continuing to brand himself as best ever.
Mayweather just fought Manny Pacquiao. Golovkin just fought Willie Monroe Jr. Lets think about that for a second. Floyd's competition has been pretty great. I'd love to see Mayweather-Golovkin, but it is unreasonable to expect a welterweight, who started out as 130 pounder, to fight a Middleweight. It'd be like Golovkin answering a Cruiserweight's challenge.

If no one around his weight wants to fight GGG, why can't he call out Mayweather?
Don't believe Golovkin's weasel promoter. Lara called him out again two days ago.

BarbaraAlphanse

Mayweather just fought Manny Pacquiao. Golovkin just fought Willie Monroe Jr. Lets think about that for a second. Floyd's competition has been pretty great. I'd love to see Mayweather-Golovkin, but it is unreasonable to expect a welterweight, who started out as 130 pounder, to fight a Middleweight. It'd be like Golovkin answering a Cruiserweight's challenge.

Don't believe Golovkin's weasel promoter. Lara called him out again two days ago.

No one shelters a boxer more than Mayweather fans.

W GGG? I'd love to see him fight Floyd, then Canelo at 160, then ward at 168, then Kovalev at 175.

I want to see him fight the best no matter the weight class?

Floyd fans? "Bruh, he barely walks at 140, 148 is pushing it for him". Lol ok.

Btw the fight is picking up traction. I hope ggg gets it. Floyd fans will be dreading the fight for 2.5 months.

BarbaraAlphanse

Not impressed at all with Lemieux. If not for NDams weak jaw, Lemieux would have lost.

GGG would allow Lemieux to hit him a few times, and then KO him viciously. I Couldn't believe how stupidly aggressive he was, completely wide open to a counter.

Golden Boy won't put Lemieux up against GGG. Not even their other cash crop Canelo. That would end horribly for DL.

BarbaraAlphanse

@OscarDeLaHoya: The only possible way I make a comeback, @FloydMayweather vs GGG in September and I fight the winner next year.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Yeah, Lemieux is not very good. That's who Team Golovkin wants, though. That's how they operate. They claim, "nobody is calling," yet they have no problem picking up the phone themselves to call lesser fighters, like they're probably doing with Lemieux today. First exchange of hooks between Lemieux and Golovkin, Golovkin's gets there first and knocks Lemieux out. And with Lemieux's aggressiveness, that might happen within the first minute.

Oscar is 42. Nobody cares about his comeback.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Yeah, Lemieux is not very good. That's who Team Golovkin wants, though. That's how they operate. They claim, "nobody is calling," yet they have no problem picking up the phone themselves to call lesser fighters, like they're probably doing with Lemieux today. First exchange of hooks between Lemieux and Golovkin, Golovkin's gets there first and knocks Lemieux out. And with Lemieux's aggressiveness, that might happen within the first minute.

Oscar is 42. Nobody cares about his comeback.

Classic deflection. Nobody is calling GGG for a reason. He prefers to stay busy so his team gets the best guy available.

Whats actually pathetic is Cotto completely ignoring him or Mayweather saying he could beat GGG and not even entertaining the thought of fighting him.

BarbaraAlphanse

Floyd has no one else to fight. And Golovkin blowing up the way he has the last 2 weeks is only making it look worse for him.

Floyd claims he doesn't know who he is, but posted a picture of him winning 1 million dollars off his last fight.

I'm staring to gain the impression Floyd takes him. Legitimately no one else to fight. Reporters aren't even asking about who his other alternatives are. He goes out and a mic gets thrown in his face w the first question always: Golovkin?

And I'm sure Lemieux isn't regarded as inferior to GGG. I regard him that way. Doesn't mean everyone does.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Classic deflection. Nobody is calling GGG for a reason. He prefers to stay busy so his team gets the best guy available.
The only person saying "nobody is calling" is Golovkin's shady promoter. This is boxing promotion 101, and I'm sorry, I don't believe it. When fight after fight is falling through in favor of terrible opponents, and the common variable is Team Golovkin, it's time to start considering Team Golovkin is the problem. Lara continues to call him out. They're not calling him (Canelo did when Lara gave him the same treatment). But Lemieux, they will call. Because he's not nearly as good, and it will be a miracle if he makes it two rounds.

Floyd has no one else to fight. And Golovkin blowing up the way he has the last 2 weeks is only making it look worse for him.
I could totally see Mayweather taking on the worse opponent possible on his way out. He's already stated Pacquiao fought Algieri, why can't I get an easy touch? That's where his head is at.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Floyd claims he doesn't know who he is, but posted a picture of him winning 1 million dollars off his last fight.

I'm staring to gain the impression Floyd takes him. Legitimately no one else to fight. Reporters aren't even asking about who his other alternatives are. He goes out and a mic gets thrown in his face w the first question always: Golovkin?

And I'm sure Lemieux isn't regarded as inferior to GGG. I regard him that way. Doesn't mean everyone does.

Thurman? Porter? Kell Brook?

Mayweather has plenty of guys he could fight - he just doesn't want to be in there with a live dog. Hes made a brilliant career of avoiding opposition in their primes. Why would he stop now?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The only person saying "nobody is calling" is Golovkin's shady promoter. This is boxing promotion 101, and I'm sorry, I don't believe it. When fight after fight is falling through in favor of terrible opponents, and the common variable is Team Golovkin, it's time to start considering Team Golovkin is the problem. Lara continues to call him out. They're not calling him (Canelo did when Lara gave him the same treatment). But Lemieux, they will call. Because he's not nearly as good, and it will be a miracle if he makes it two rounds.

I could totally see Mayweather taking on the worse opponent possible on his way out. He's already stated Pacquiao fought Algieri, why can't I get an easy touch? That's where his head is at.

Lara? Seriously? Why would GGG move down south of 160 for anyone but Mayweather? And especially for a guy that literally has no fanbase whatsoever?

GGG wants to clean out 160. Nobody is calling. To blame is on his promoter is obtuse, especially considering the absolute destruction GGG has delivered to these mid-tier guys. Who wants to be the guinea pig against a guy that truly looks like the real deal.

What would you say if GGG gets in the ring with Ward at 168? Because Im sure Golovkin would if Ward ever gets serious about his career.

BarbaraAlphanse

Thurman? Porter? Kell Brook?

Mayweather has plenty of guys he could fight - he just doesn't want to be in there with a live dog. Hes made a brilliant career of avoiding opposition in their primes. Why would he stop now?

Thurman is fighting in July. He is out. Brook is worse than Khan. Khan had Ramadan until end of July. Porter is decent, had a good fight vs. broner. That would be a somewhat respectable opponent.

Mayweather said he is fighting Karin Mayfield or Amir Khan. One of those two. He said this today. He is a thief if he expects people to pay $100 for that BS.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Thurman is fighting in July. He is out. Brook is worse than Khan. Khan had Ramadan until end of July. Porter is decent, had a good fight vs. broner. That would be a somewhat respectable opponent.

Mayweather said he is fighting Karin Mayfield or Amir Khan. One of those two. He said this today. He is a thief if he expects people to pay $100 for that BS.

He actually said Mayfield or Berto - both of which would be a damn joke.

BarbaraAlphanse

He actually said Mayfield or Berto - both of which would be a damn joke.

My mind thought Andre Berto, my fingers wrote Amir Khan.

Same thing.

Crook. Every fight he has fought has somehow been advantageous to him. And he doesn't owe anyone anything?

Roy and Spinks hear Mayweather fans whine about how big of a difference 6 pounds heavier is and probably vomit. Both made the jump from junior heavy weight to heavy weight and fought guys heavier than 50 pounds heavier than the heaviest opponent they had fought up to that point. They both won.

Mayweather TBE crook, more like it.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Lara? Seriously? Why would GGG move down south of 160 for anyone but Mayweather? And especially for a guy that literally has no fanbase whatsoever?
Lara would move up. He's been begging for the fight for close to a year now. Lara would be the best opponent Golovkin has ever faced.

What would you say if GGG gets in the ring with Ward at 168? Because Im sure Golovkin would if Ward ever gets serious about his career.
I would commend Golovkin for moving up and taking on a serious challenge. Then I'd lay down some money on Ward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad