OT: Bowman and Quenneville Step Down as Report is Issued on 2010 Chicago Incident (MOD warning post #3)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Donald Fehr should also be kicked out of hockey.

What the heck was he thinking??? How do you not divulge that information. I guess the answer is simple: his interests were in some way negatively affected by doing so - or worse he saw no way doing so would affect his interests positively, so he couldn't be bothered to take the time...

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
This is real black mark on the league. I have a subscription to hockey news. Last issue I had trouble looking at pics in the dressing rooms. Knowing some of stuff that went on in there. As most of these issues have been successfully covered up. It is like this has turned hockey into something else for me. The only reason this was found out because Kyle Beach went against the grain

Professional sport is so f***ed that way.
I played hockey up to junior level.
There was already lot of stuff happening at the Pee-Wee level (12-13 years old)

I hope the culture change drastically in hockey (professional sports) and you will see even more talent in the league as lots of players quit early in their career as a result of abuse and harassment.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Regardless, no married man should permit his wife to sit next to his male boss in the back of a taxi.
WTF! I am as old school as it gets on this board and my wife is the one that gives me permission and not the other way around! She is the boss of her and me lol, there are some strong women in our society and they stopped getting "permission" a long time ago lol. You must be single.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
WTF! I am as old school as it gets on this board and my wife is the one that gives me permission and not the other way around! She is the boss of her and me lol, there are some strong women in our society and they stopped getting "permission" a long time ago lol. You must be single.

Ha! No means Yes to my wife… meaning when I say NO to her shopping cart but she goes ahead and clicks order now anyways.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

I hope the culture change drastically in hockey (professional sports) and you will see even more talent in the league as lots of players quit early in their career as a result of abuse and harassment.
Going to be avalanche of these cases come out now that Beach had broke the ice.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The franchise value went from 300 mil in 2010 to over 1 billion today. 100 million is a fair penalty.
So you gonna fine 100m$ to the owners who knew nothing about the coverup (according to Sopel)

sorry, it’s a ridiculous number that would never hold up.

Even if the worth is 1B$….:you wanna fine 1/10th of its total value??

not and will never happen

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
So you gonna fine 100m$ to the owners who knew nothing about the coverup (according to Sopel)

sorry, it’s a ridiculous number that would never hold up.

Even if the worth is 1B$….:you wanna fine 1/10th of its total value??

not and will never happen

100m fine or 3 1st draft picks or be forced to sell the team.
2 million is a joke and insulting.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
It’s not insulting it’s optically “a very poor choice”.

Hawks did not break any legal obligations they failed their moral obligation.

In a civil code based society as ours, moral obligations are a choice for the business / individual to make unlike legal obligations - which if broken can be prosecuted by law.

Hawks made their choice & NHL served what they believed was an appropriate penalty ... both will have to live with the business consequences of that choice - but will there actually be any?

NHL obviously feels there won’t be ramifications once the news cycle has passed

Reactions: BozoTheClown

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
2m$ is low…..

My idea was to fine 5m$…donate 5m$ to rehab for victims of sexual abuse and then make the Hawks be community leaders in the awareness and prevention of sexual abuse.

100m$ fine doesn’t really help the people that are being abused at this very moment.

Forcing them to sell the team doesn’t really either

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
2m$ is low…..

My idea was to fine 5m$…donate 5m$ to rehab for victims of sexual abuse and then make the Hawks be community leaders in the awareness and prevention of sexual abuse.

100m$ fine doesn’t really help the people that are being abused at this very moment.

Forcing them to sell the team doesn’t really either
2mil is like nothing happened.
100m sends a stronger message that this shit is been taking seriously.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

My niece was not too bad hockey and she chose to stop playing for that very thing. There was a lot of weird stuff with women coaches as well with harassment and humiliation. I don't know why this is happening. Perhaps it's because in Canada sport is divorced essentialy from school. If it was tied with school more, it would be more professional and followed more closely. Just a theory.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Oh, man. What better way to ensure that Aldrich is remembered in hockey lore. The guy xxxxx'd off the Cup.
Remembered as a pedophile, quite the legacy you leave behind.

My uncle turned out to be one, he died about 7yrs ago……10 people showed up at the funeral and not one tear was shed…..you are remembered alright, remembered in disgust and resentment, not of fondness and compassion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad