OT: Bowman and Quenneville Step Down as Report is Issued on 2010 Chicago Incident (MOD warning post #3)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Has anyone read the report. Bergy has communicated he was not involved. Does the report clear bergy?
Apparently Bergevin is not mentioned in the report at all. If nothing else, he is not implicated here.

I've modified the title here as it's more accurate as to what's happening. This is being discussed in the Out of Town thread but given the significance of the story, it makes sense for it to have it's own thread.

Please do not speculate on what somebody may or may not have known.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
MB is cleared I heard, but who knows

the peg may need a new GM and FLA a coach
Toews and Kane were cleared and their names wasn't in the report, but they are still suspected to have known, same for the director of players personel

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Bergevin was the director of player personnel at the time of the incident , good to hear he was not mentioned in the report

Which is not to say that he didn't know, just that he likely wasn't part of the decision making process to cover it up (which resulted in Aldrich not being punished and allowed him sexually assault other victims).

Throwing this out there, was Molson potentially awaiting the official release of the report clearing MB prior to announcing an extension?

Possibly, but reporting around a possible Bergevin extension paints the issue as being about compensation (Bergevin believing he's worth more as GM than Molson's offer). I don't think it was likely that Bergevin would be a major player in the story (wasn't senior enough) and if Molson wasn't miffed by the Mailloux clusterf***, then I'm not sure the Aldrich affair would have a major impact.

Reactions: iamtalbot

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
According to the investigation, MB wasn't even in the room when the BlackHawks decided to wait until the end of the playoffs before quietly firing the POS assistant coach.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
People who were in the room when it was discussed and decided upon include:

Chevaldayoff (current Win GM) and Quenneville (current FLO coach).

Curious to see if anything happens to them.

Bettman to meet with them tomorrow, probably asking for resignation

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Which is not to say that he didn't know, just that he likely wasn't part of the decision making process to cover it up (which resulted in Aldrich not being punished and allowed him sexually assault other victims).

Possibly, but reporting around a possible Bergevin extension paints the issue as being about compensation (Bergevin believing he's worth more as GM than Molson's offer). I don't think it was likely that Bergevin would be a major player in the story (wasn't senior enough) and if Molson wasn't miffed by the Mailloux clusterf***, then I'm not sure the Aldrich affair would have a major impact.

Alternatively after the Mailloux Clusterf*** he may want to be squeaky clean. would be quite the PR nightmare to extend Bergie and then have a report come out that says there was a meeting where it was discussed and MB was present

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Has anyone read the report. Bergy has communicated he was not involved. Does the report clear bergy?

Yes. He was interviewed for the investigation, but in the 107 page final document his name isn't brought up even once. As well, he was not part of the infamous management meeting that led to the cover up. Cheveldayoff, Bowman and Coach Q were a part of that meeting.

Bowman has resigned as GM of Chicago Blackhawks and of Team USA Olympic Hockey organization.

It is very likely in his role that Bergevin was on the road a lot and not part of the day to day management team.

He's clear. I don't expect the Canadiens to do anything.

However, both Chevy and Coach Q are bold face liers. Both should be fired.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
People who were in the room when it was discussed and decided upon include:

Chevaldayoff (current Win GM) and Quenneville (current FLO coach).

Curious to see if anything happens to them.

Bettman to meet with them tomorrow, probably asking for resignation
Coach Q will intimidate tiny Gary Bettman.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
What are the odds we bring in Bowman? Maybe not immediately but near future once the dust settles on all this a bit.

Recent events have showed the organization doesn't shy away from controversy if the talent is compelling enough.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad