NCAA: Bowl Season 2022-23: The Annual Test of Wills, as in “Will I Watch This?”

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Very good chance?! Friend, have you seen Georgia schedule? The only somewhat dicey game is @ Knoxville. They'll be in.

Ohio State kinda has it figured out to win big, Lincoln needs to figure out the defense side as he will always have elite O talent.

I need to see what Saban does with his new OC/DC and replacing Bryce.
Anything's possible. It's easy to forget GA really struggled to beat Kent State, Mizzou and Kentucky this year.

That being said, I saw this team live in Athens three times this year. When they took things seriously nobody had a chance.

Reactions: Voight

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Very good chance?! Friend, have you seen Georgia schedule? The only somewhat dicey game is @ Knoxville. They'll be in.

Ohio State kinda has it figured out to win big, Lincoln needs to figure out the defense side as he will always have elite O talent.

Many thought Alabama would be better this year than last. Saban claimed last year it was a reloading year and we all saw how it went for them this season. So nothing is guaranteed. Their schedule is very easy outside of the game at Knoxville. They have Ole Miss at home, so should be easier

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
in the NIL era, I can confidently say there's about 7 teams that can accumulate near Georgia level talent. That doesn't include schools like Oregon, Miami or any of the other Florida schools or Auburn. NIL will make it definitely top heavy, but may actually spread out the talent more and more.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
in the NIL era, I can confidently say there's about 7 teams that can accumulate near Georgia level talent. That doesn't include schools like Oregon, Miami or any of the other Florida schools or Auburn. NIL will make it definitely top heavy, but may actually spread out the talent more and more.
To me, these are the schools for the future:

Alabama
Georgia
Oklahoma
Texas
USC
LSU
Ohio State
Clemson

I definitely think you can throw in Florida and maybe Florida State due to location. But as we all know location doesnt always mean success. See Texas.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

Alabama
Georgia
Oklahoma
Texas
USC
LSU
Ohio State
Clemson

I definitely think you can throw in Florida and maybe Florida State due to location. But as we all know location doesnt always mean success. See Texas.
Sark is doing a lot better job at roster building than Herman or Strong did, if he can coach we will do well.

I think Auburn will be good under Freeze. I think Florida/Florida State/Miami will eventually do really good. The boosters may not support another coach like Cristobal at the U however. But one if not two if those Florida schools will be really good. Oregon is going to acquire talent, so they will have the talent level to compete with, as will A&M.

The thing about A&M is, they will do whatever it takes to win. Handing out massive bags, contracts to coaches etc. So they will need to be factored in always now, imo.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons

Alabama
Georgia
Oklahoma
Texas
USC
LSU
Ohio State
Clemson

Isn't all that different from the last two decades. Dominated by the south. Ohio State in 2014 the only outlier.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Sark is doing a lot better job at roster building than Herman or Strong did, if he can coach we will do well.

I think Auburn will be good under Freeze. I think Florida/Florida State/Miami will eventually do really good. The boosters may not support another coach like Cristobal at the U however. But one if not two if those Florida schools will be really good. Oregon is going to acquire talent, so they will have the talent level to compete with, as will A&M.

The thing about A&M is, they will do whatever it takes to win. Handing out massive bags, contracts to coaches etc. So they will need to be factored in always now, imo.
I would mention A&M but they are stuck with Jimbo for now :laugh:. Plus they are A&M :laugh::laugh:.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Michigan needs to figure out their recruiting. Losing in state 5* QB to UCLA and losing 5* legacy in 2024 to Notre Dame.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
USC beating Oklahoma is the closest thing I can come up with to match this kind of blowout in a national championship, or even top 5 game.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I would mention A&M but they are stuck with Jimbo for now :laugh:. Plus they are A&M :laugh::laugh:.

Yeah, that's how I view A&M, but wouldn't surprise me if they go and throw out some ungodly money at a big name after they fire Jimbo.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Yeah, you're looking at a similar scenario to what we could've had if Tennessee didn't lose to South Carolina, which is the loser of Tennessee/Georgia would have actually benefitted not having to play the SEC championship game because they would've definitely made the playoff. Tennessee is in Alabama next year, so it will be difficult to get both undefeated in that game.

And then we get 65-7 in the Peach Bowl instead.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I think this game pretty much signified the end of any other school that's not a historic blue blood ever having hopes to be anything more than mediocre. Peak college football has come and gone. With NIL and players being free agents it's only downhill from here unless you're one of the dozen (or really half dozen) schools with any kind of recent winning history.

They might as well just establish an elite D1 division with 12 teams at this point. Any sense that anything other than a handful of teams, at best, have a shot to win in any given season, is long gone.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’s something we’ll never see again, I don’t care if West Dakota Tech is in the national championship game

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
they just need to make the SEC title game the National Championship. Save everybody some time and save the other conferences the embarrassment.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t even think TCU played that hideous. They didn’t stop playing. They were just that far outmatched. Yeah there was 3 first half turnovers, but that’s only 17 points. They gave up 65. 4 of Georgia’s drives were 60 yards or more. 2 more were 50. Big 12 defenses are usually hard to trust.

Someone mentioned the points they gave up to Michigan, and also how Michigan gave that away - which they did, it was the same number Michigan scored on Ohio State on the road. Georgia gives up 4 fewer, and win on a missed field goal.

I think Georgia beats Michigan by 20 again though.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hearing on XM that Georgia was supposed to have a home and home with Oklahoma next season but because Oklahoma is joining the SEC that got scrapped so Georgia is playing UT Martin instead.

Good job College football :clap:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hearing on XM that Georgia was supposed to have a home and home with Oklahoma next season but because Oklahoma is joining the SEC that got scrapped so Georgia is playing UT Martin instead.

Good job College football :clap:
If they wish to wait until Ok is in the sec that’s fine. But come on, find a worthy replacement for them. No one else in the Pac12, Big10, ACC, or Big12 that would take their place?

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
If they wish to wait until Ok is in the sec that’s fine. But come on, find a worthy replacement for them. No one else in the Pac12, Big10, ACC, or Big12 that would take their place?

Who knows, UT Martin might be able to keep it as close as the Championship game was, they did manage to score 24 against Tennessee this year in a 65-24 loss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad