Bottom 10? Edit: 6th worst, trending down, season over

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So 3 games under 500, and about to be 5 games after we lose these next two. Season will be over by American Thanksgiving. How is chia not fired yet?

Pathetic, simply, utterly, pathetic.

This bet of mine is, sadly, looking better and better. I guess the potential silver lining is that maybe we wise up and fire the GM and coach, who are both utter failures, and can start rebuild 4.0 next year with new leadership.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So 3 games under 500, and about to be 5 games after we lose these next two. Season will be over by American Thanksgiving. How is chia not fired yet?

Pathetic, simply, utterly, pathetic.

This bet of mine is, sadly, looking better and better. I guess the potential silver lining is that maybe we wise up and fire the GM and coach, who are both utter failures, and can start rebuild 4.0 next year with new leadership.

This thread? Absolutely, I agree.

Reactions: GMofOilers

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This thread? Absolutely, I agree.
Not fair at all.

This is a Chia lineup not going far. We have Nuge at career best rate, we have Drai, McD, Maroon producing as Normal. Lucic doing whatever it is he usually does. Talbot playing great.

You can't watch a game like yesterday without realizing that there is a quantum leap between this current team and the best ones who have all scouted our tendencies now. This game was being taken apart limb from limb. Can't blame officiating, or anything, and the scoreline was flattering.

Oilers fans will always get a second rate team because this has been a managerial country club since the 80's.

The blues get massively better in offseason with additions like Schenn, Oilers get worse. These are the differences we face now. Not just tht the Oilers got worse, but other teams got better.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not fair at all.

This is a Chia lineup not going far. We have Nuge at career best rate, we have Drai, McD, Maroon producing as Normal. Lucic doing whatever it is he usually does. Talbot playing great.

You can't watch a game like yesterday without realizing that there is a quantum leap between this current team and the best ones who have all scouted our tendencies now. This game was being taken apart limb from limb. Can't blame officiating, or anything, and the scoreline was flattering.

Oilers fans will always get a second rate team because this has been a managerial country club since the 80's.

The blues get massively better in offseason with additions like Schenn, Oilers get worse. These are the differences we face now. Not just tht the Oilers got worse, but other teams got better.
Schenn helped a lot but the biggest improvement?
Mike Yeo.
Since he took over last year they have gone
36-13-3 in the regular season.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
then it's just a poorly built club with no depth and questionable coaching decisions?

sounds like the usual oiler recipe for missing the playoffs.
Its amazing that our depth is as bad as it is and we have been rebuilding for over a decade.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Since 2007 (When the rebuild kind of started)
These are our draft picks with more than 50 games played outside of the first round
Omark, Hartikainen, Lander, Davidson, Pitlick, Marincin, Rieder, Slepyshev
4 are in the NHL right now.
1 plays for us.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
94 points made playoffs last year. We have 16.

That's 78 points in 63 games for a team that has put together a single 2 game win streak.

Yeah, that is a 101 point pace for a full season. Not going to happen. Not a chance. Not even the smallest inkling of a chance. We have a much, MUCH, better chance of finishing in the bottom-5, and a lottery pick, than we do making the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad