Proposal: Boston /Calgary

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Imo it's minimum 2 first rounders and even if we add a 3rd it's more of a quantity not a quality deal.
I think even then CGY says no.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
That’s a little disingenuous considering Pasta was in and out if the line up his first couple years because he wasn’t big enough.
Its just a simple stat, not claiming Tkachuk is better either but both are pretty impressive

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
No - you might take that deal but Don Sweeney ( thankfully ) would not.

Monahan would excel in Boston's defensive system.

Gio would do well too especially if Boston wants to make another serious cup run with Rask still in his prime. I could see Gio

Both would be solid additions to their roster. I bet if the Flames threw in Lindholm, the Bruins do it since Lindholm jumps right into Pastas spot on the top line. It would suck to see the Flames losing Lindholm since he's been very good this year but if you have the opportunity to land an all star elite winger like Pasta, you do it.

TO BOS: Monahan, Giordano, Lindholm
TO CGY: Pasta

Last edited:
Reactions: bruins4thecup65

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Gio would do well too especially if Boston wants to make another serious cup run with Rask still in his prime. I could see Gio

Both would be solid additions to their roster. I bet if the Flames threw in Lindholm, the Bruins do it since Lindholm jumps right into Pastas spot on the top line. It would suck to see the Flames losing Lindholm since he's been very good this year but if you have the opportunity to land an all star elite winger like Pasta, you do it.

Love Pastrnak, but who plays centre for him if Calgary moves out Monahan and Lindholm? Maybe if the Flames have a deal in place to sign RNH?

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut

In no universe would the bruins trade pasta for a struggling monahan for can’t drive a line. And a great d man but way past his prime. Lindholm is a nice piece tho

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
No no you miss the point here, Pasta is not good defensively so we essentially tank for Shane Wright then we have an elite goal scorer when we draft him.

The odds of that happening, even if Calgary does go full tank, are very low. Firstly, it's very challenging to outsuck teams like Detroit, Ottawa, and Buffalo. If the Flames do manage to do so, the odds of hitting #1 overall are still low.

Pastrnak is also in his prime now. Giving up a bunch of assets to acquire him and then wait for a #1 centre to arise is pretty bad asset management.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
What do Calgary fans think Giordano's worth?

The Bruins could use him to partner with McAvoy for ~20 games and then get exposed to the ED. I figured the biggest enticement would be Boston's ability to take his salary on without requiring retention but I don't have a feel for where the Flames are going with him. Normally, you never ask about a team's captain, but you hear the grumbling and see the little spats earlier in the season, so I have no idea. That cluelessness is increased with the Flames hovering on the playoff bubble.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00