Proposal: Boston /Calgary

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Gross.
Can we interest Boston in a Pasta for Bennett and other shite package?

Ledge And Dairy

In no universe is MT worth more than CM. Damn man. And who does those re draft? Not gm in the league I’m almost positive anyone would rather have a young franchise d man over a very good winger.
Franchise d man? Young very good winger? Man your homer glasses are massive. Go link me 1 redraft (not reated by you on CapFriendly) where McAvoy is ahead of Tkachuk, I'll wait.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
Franchise d man? Young very good winger? Man your homer glasses are massive. Go link me 1 redraft (not reated by you on CapFriendly) where McAvoy is ahead of Tkachuk, I'll wait.
Bro your coming off on the wrong side here. CM is considered one of the best young d man in the game. It’s not homer it’s just facts So idk why your being aggressive. Like I said I would be shocked if any GM in the league that would take MT over CM. Maybe homer and mirror for you?

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006

There is a compelling statistical argument that McAvoy is the best defender in Hockey this year. He's 23 years old, right handed and makes under $5m this year and next. He's one of the most valuable assets in the NHL. You don't have to agree with that, but you'd be wrong. I love Matt Tkachuk. Love. I would overpay for him. Never in a million years would I give up a 23 yo #1D for a wing. Never.

Ledge And Dairy

Bro your coming off on the wrong side here. CM is considered one of the best young d man in the game. It’s not homer it’s just facts So idk why your being aggressive. Like I said I would be shocked if any GM in the league that would take MT over CM. Maybe homer and mirror for you?
Theres no question McAvoy is a great dman, probably top 20. But you are acting like Tkachuk is just your average middle 6 winger when he is a top 10 left wing in the league and likely a future captain.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
This is plain ol' ridiculous. Tkachuk is worth well more than what the op is offering... he's one of the best young wingers in this game and all but untouchable from a CGY perspective, I'd imagine...

As for the McAvoy and Pasta counterproposals, they're good for a laugh (which I'd imagine is their intent). Pasta arguably has the most valuable contract in the league... and McAvoy is rightly one of the defensemen in the Norris discussion, so i think that any non-chuckle related offers are probably far and away not going to get a sniff from Bruins' fans.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I mean the only guys I'd consider it for are untouchable in Boston. I'd move Monahan, Gaudreau or Giordano for less than market value. But if you want Tkachuk or Lindholm I would want every bit of value out of those two players. They are guys a good team gets and then wins a cup with. Monahan and Gaudreau are good offensive players, but I don't think they really move the needle in terms of winning and Giordano is just old. Tkachuk and Lindholm are also signed to good value (Tkachuk) and exception value (Lindholm) contracts.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
Theres no question McAvoy is a great dman, probably top 20. But you are acting like Tkachuk is just your average middle 6 winger when he is a top 10 left wing in the league and likely a future captain.
I never said a single bad thing about MT once. I absolutely love him and wish he was on the bruins. But he doesn’t hold the same value as pasta or Mac that’s all I said

Ledge And Dairy

I never said a single bad thing about MT once. I absolutely love him and wish he was on the bruins. But he doesn’t hold the same value as pasta or Mac that’s all I said
I understand Pasta. I was never debating that

I also understand team needs factor in. I get not wanting to move McAvoy, a #1 for a winger that wouldn't even be on your 1st line. Its kinda the opposite in Calgary though. Flames dobt need RD where they do need Tkachuk. I wouldn't trade Tkachuk 1 for 1 for McAvoy. Saying Mac has more value is fundamentally flawed imo because their values are probably pretty close but like I said earlier Tkachuk still goes before him in every redraft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad