Proposal: Boston /Calgary

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
I seriously don't understand how every fan manages to overvalue picks and prospects the way that they do. This 1st is going to be a late 1st which would barely move the needle on a Tkachuk trade. Vaakanen and Debrusk are solid players that most teams would want to have but neither is going to be the type of player that Tkachuk is right now. If I'm Calgary the only person I accept for Tkachuk is McAvoy and if I'm Boston I would never offer that.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Tough crowd lol

HF at its finest...What can you expect.

Anyways, we're very high on Chucky obviously and it would take a significant offer to be made. I don't think the Flames Org. is looking to move him despite what Sportsnet says. Also Sportsnet sometimes listens to an idiot in Calgary by the name of Eric Francis....

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I understand Pasta. I was never debating that

I also understand team needs factor in. I get not wanting to move McAvoy, a #1 for a winger that wouldn't even be on your 1st line. Its kinda the opposite in Calgary though. Flames dobt need RD where they do need Tkachuk. I wouldn't trade Tkachuk 1 for 1 for McAvoy. Saying Mac has more value is fundamentally flawed imo because their values are probably pretty close but like I said earlier Tkachuk still goes before him in every redraft

Your post is so reasonable until you say that McAvoy doesn’t go before him in a redraft. McAvoy had been the #1D for one of the best teams in hockey since the moment he stepped on the ice and and is the Norris conversation this year. Top 20 dman? Your evaluation is off.

Regardess, I think we all know the OP was way off in value and it would take an overpayment the Bruins aren’t capable of making to make a deal. Bruins are better off sniffing around JG and NH if they are talking with Calgary.

Ledge And Dairy

Your post is so reasonable until you say that McAvoy doesn’t go before him in a redraft. McAvoy had been the #1D for one of the best teams in hockey since the moment he stepped on the ice and and is the Norris conversation this year. Top 20 dman? Your evaluation is off.

Regardess, I think we all know the OP was way off in value and it would take an overpayment the Bruins aren’t capable of making to make a deal. Bruins are better off sniffing around JG and NH if they are talking with Calgary.
I don't think its unreasonable. McAvoy is having an excellent season, that is obvious but saying he goes ahead on Tkachuk in a redraft is saying he goes 2nd overall. He very well could win the Norris this year but I think I would put my money on Dougie for that.

As for the 2nd part, depends on your offer for JG but Hanifin's not available.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I understand the op offer is bad but no reason to double down and make it worse. Mt isn’t in pasta class

It’s not bad, it’s horrific. Also he’s not wrong, Tkachuk is not worth Pasta 1 for 1, but he’s literally the only player Tkachuk would be available for on the Bruins roster. They simply don’t have any other pieces to get a deal done.

Reactions: DFF

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
It’s not bad, it’s horrific. Also he’s not wrong, Tkachuk is not worth Pasta 1 for 1, but he’s literally the only player Tkachuk would be available for on the Bruins roster. They simply don’t have any other pieces to get a deal done.
Mac also has more value over MT but I understand your point but you people need to acknowledge the big gap between pasta and MT

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
If these teams are talking about anything, its Boston College alumni, Gaudreau, for a couple last cup runs, during this current window.
DeBrusk, Kase, 2022 1st + Vaakanainen/Beecher.

I'd even include Bennett(50% retained) for a conditional 2021 2nd based on making the conference final.

Plan the parade.

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If these teams are talking about anything, its Boston College alumni, Gaudreau, for a couple last cup runs, during this current window.
DeBrusk, Kase, 2022 1st + Vaakanainen/Beecher.

I'd even include Bennett(50% retained) for a conditional 2021 2nd based on making the conference final.

Plan the parade.
you can plan parades if you want , but that deal is not happening............too pricey for Boston

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Even if Calgary was rebuilding, not sure why they would even consider trading their most valuable player for a bunch of meh. The best piece is a late first? Cmon man, have to give to get.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Even if Calgary was rebuilding, not sure why they would even consider trading their most valuable player for a bunch of meh. The best piece is a late first? Cmon man, have to give to get.
Well if it is a "meh" why would you want this deal........Gaudreau has not been actualy stellar in the playoffs.....

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Pasta has definitely stepped it up the last couple of years but Tkachuk just turned 23 and is 6th in LW scoring since entering the league. By comparison, Pasta is 7th in RW scoring since joining the NHL. There's also a world of difference playing with Marchand/Bergeron compared to Backlund/Frolik/Mangiapane, primarily. Not saying it would ever happen but realistically, Pasta and McAvoy are the only age comparable players on the Bruins roster, that would get a conversation started.

That’s a little disingenuous considering Pasta was in and out if the line up his first couple years because he wasn’t big enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad