Books: Book(s) you are Currently Reading | Part 3

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
What game is this?
It's not real. It was also uploaded nearly five years ago and only just appeared in my recommendations. Gosh bless the algorithm.
I could never get this far into the game. Could never find the guano for the gun powder.
I enjoyed this in the comments:

Everyone gets the bad end their first run through, the trick to getting the "good" end is letting yourself be shot during the Elrod boss fight before you get into the final town, if you do that you'll be too injured to go up the stairs with the brown dwarf whore and instead will get an alternate scene where the Man actually does dance.

Reactions: Speyer

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
41sGes7nLdL.jpg

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
1697116655916.png

Keeping with the wrestling theme, Hornbaker is one of the most knowledgeable wrestling historians around, but many of his books come across very dense,almost like a textbook. This one was however was much more accessible and a somewhat easy read. And as a longtime Flair fan, there's a lot of anecdotes and stories here that even I hadn't heard about before.

Reactions: Thucydides

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
View attachment 751755
Keeping with the wrestling theme, Hornbaker is one of the most knowledgeable wrestling historians around, but many of his books come across very dense,almost like a textbook. This one was however was much more accessible and a somewhat easy read. And as a longtime Flair fan, there's a lot of anecdotes and stories here that even I hadn't heard about before.

I’m going to add this to my list, thanks.

350C5051-19E8-4699-BA83-E354B9BD1157.jpeg

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Currently reading If It Bleeds and i'm almost done. Really liked the first story & the second one, didn't love the the title story. All in all the story about Chuck was by far the best part, kinda reminded me of the old Twillight Zone seires.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
I finished Recursion by Blake Crouch two days ago. It's a tale about time loops in the same vein as the film Edge of Tomorrow, only instead of aliens it's

cutting edge technology that lets people physically travel back into their memories (the more emotional connection you have to the memory, the easier it generally is to return to it).

Aside from the two main characters, I didn't think anyone else felt like developed, real people. However, with such a great concept, I couldn't help enjoying every part of this journey anyway.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Linear Algebra, by Jim Hefferon

This is a very large book of which I only read about 60%. I tried Gilbert Strang's Introduction to Linear Algebra, but this text is far more abstract, deep, and well-explained. I have to admit that I think it is still very hard, but this book turned me on to the subject (along with my Prof). Those who try the problems will learn about five times as much as those who just read. Active learning versus passive reception, as enjoyable as the latter may be at times. Then read for specific topics, and re-read important parts over and over if need be. The also lengthy solutions manual is highly recommended, Answers to Exercises: linear algebra, as an accompaniment. This subject is like a nexus for other areas of mathematics. I believe these two texts may be free online.

A History of Algebra: from al-Khwarizmi to Emmy Noether, by B.L. van der Waerden

Sets and Groups: a first course in algebra, by J.A. Green

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad