Player Discussion BoJesus-Jangles Horvat

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I don't like who we have running our team either, however I don't think punishing the fans who aren't blind to that crew's stupidity to show a group of fans they were wrong is a smart or healthy stance to have. As a fan of this team you know that that would delay the chance of seeing a good hockey team in this city for a much longer time.

We have a GM who has made this team worse since getting here & is on the final year of his contract with no extension in sight. Just hope we have another garbage season with no playoffs as that will likely be the end of this group.

Not at all. I think the longer these clowns are running the team, the longer it is before we'll be competitive. Losing Horvat won't hurt us as much as a Jim Benning contract extension will, especially if he gets to spend the Sedin money in the offseason.

He also has 2 years left on his contract.

I'm lumping Linden and Weisbrod in the same boat. If Benning goes, but Linden stays and brings in another jackass, we're still screwed. They ALL have to go, and to accomplish that I'm willing to sacrifice anything on the team.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I don't like who we have running our team either, however I don't think punishing the fans who aren't blind to that crew's stupidity to show a group of fans they were wrong is a smart or healthy stance to have. As a fan of this team you know that that would delay the chance of seeing a good hockey team in this city for a much longer time.

We have a GM who has made this team worse since getting here & is on the final year of his contract with no extension in sight. Just hope we have another garbage season with no playoffs as that will likely be the end of this group.

Unfortunately he isnt. He is in year 4 of a 5 year deal.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Not at all. I think the longer these clowns are running the team, the longer it is before we'll be competitive. Losing Horvat won't hurt us as much as a Jim Benning contract extension will, especially if he gets to spend the Sedin money in the offseason.

He also has 2 years left on his contract.

I'm lumping Linden and Weisbrod in the same boat. If Benning goes, but Linden stays and brings in another jackass, we're still screwed. They ALL have to go, and to accomplish that I'm willing to sacrifice anything on the team.

2 years left?!? God damn it Trevor...

Call me an optimist but I still think Benning & Weisbros are gone if we have another year without the playoffs. Fan support is already low & that won't help the bottom line.

Getting rid of Linden will be the hardest part. With or without losing Horvat imo...

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
2 years left?!? God damn it Trevor...

Call me an optimist but I still think Benning & Weisbros are gone if we have another year without the playoffs. Fan support is already low & that won't help the bottom line.

Getting rid of Linden will be the hardest part. With or without losing Horvat imo...

I disagree. I think if the team improves even by 10 points, and misses the playoffs, that will be enough for Jim to come back another year.

And again, without Linden gone (and that may take a lot of fan pressure to force him to step down) it'll just be the same ****, different GM.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The crap apple never falls far from the crap tree.

And Linden is a crap apple.

I absolutely see why Linden hired Jimbo and that's because like the Aquilinis, Linden hires those that he can have leverage over.

Any competent executive/manager worth his salt would stay far far away from this cluster (Gilman... and maybe even WD for all we know).

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think I'm a full out nihilist about this organization now. If you told me that we could get rid of the Aquilinis, Linden, Benning, and Weisbrod and replace them with more rational, level-headed, non-weasels by sacrificing every single one of our prospects, I would probably do it at this point.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think I'm a full out nihilist about this organization now. If you told me that we could get rid of the Aquilinis, Linden, Benning, and Weisbrod and replace them with more rational, level-headed, non-weasels by sacrificing every single one of our prospects, I would probably do it at this point.

I would easily give up every prospect plus Horvat and Tanev to fully get rid of this regime and replace them with competent management.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I would easily give up every prospect plus Horvat and Tanev to fully get rid of this regime and replace them with competent management.

Sorry, when I said prospect, I meant any player that had future value. Horvat, Baertschi, Boeser, Hutton, Stecher, Markstrom, Gaunce.... and yeah, Edler/Tanev, too, I guess.

The statement doesn't mean much if Horvat isn't considered a prospect :laugh:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Sorry, when I said prospect, I meant any player that had future value. Horvat, Baertschi, Boeser, Hutton, Stecher, Markstrom, Gaunce.... and yeah, Edler/Tanev, too, I guess.

The statement doesn't mean much if Horvat isn't considered a prospect :laugh:

Yeah true but even say Boeser plus Pettersson would be a lot to give up but I completely agree with you. The next day after losing those players and getting new management we would instantly become closer to winning a cup :laugh:

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
If they get Horvat signed for 6 or 7 years under $6 million, I'd have to think that's pretty good value.

There's still some substantial risk on both sides, which is probably an indication of a fair deal.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I think the price is quite reasonable for 50+ points a year. Im just saying that like its a given, lol.

I personally peg Bo to be consistently around a 55 - 60 point 2nd line centre in an ideal situation. (That being Pettersson fulfills his potential of being a 1C.)

I think $5.5 - $5.75 is fair. The one contract that I view when people say Bo at 52 points last season should only be at $5 million is Brandon Saad who as a winger and has scored 52, 53, 53 points the last 3 seasons. 52 in his final ELC year, just like Bo. 53 points both seasons with the Jackets and he signed 2 years ago for $6 million per. That's the one deal that skews it for me since I value Centres over wingers. But, that could be viewed as a one off like the Trocheck deal for the team's POV.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Keep it at US$5.5MM AAV or lower. He's not worth that much more than Wennberg.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
I personally peg Bo to be consistently around a 55 - 60 point 2nd line centre in an ideal situation. (That being Pettersson fulfills his potential of being a 1C.)

I think $5.5 - $5.75 is fair. The one contract that I view when people say Bo at 52 points last season should only be at $5 million is Brandon Saad who as a winger and has scored 52, 53, 53 points the last 3 seasons. 52 in his final ELC year, just like Bo. 53 points both seasons with the Jackets and he signed 2 years ago for $6 million per. That's the one deal that skews it for me since I value Centres over wingers. But, that could be viewed as a one off like the Trocheck deal for the team's POV.

That's actually a good comparison. And considering Bo plays center, if they sign him for under 6m, i think that bodes pretty well going forward.
And i do believe Bo has the ability to improve, lets say, to around 60-65 points. One of the main things that will help him is a proven scorer on his & Baertschis wing, ill say it now, i dont think Vanek is the right one, lol.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Ideally it's $5.3M per, for 8 years.

I'm wondering if all the talk last week about a bridge deal was the Canucks leaking information to see how the fans responded?

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I'm wondering if all the talk last week about a bridge deal was the Canucks leaking information to see how the fans responded?

You really think there are people in the organization smart enough to do that?

Not saying myself that there aren't, just would be shocked if you are giving them that much credit. :laugh:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
You really think there are people in the organization smart enough to do that?

Not saying myself that there aren't, just would be shocked if you are giving them that much credit. :laugh:

Stupid enough to leak information? Absolutely!

Smart enough to leak specific information targeted for a particular purpose or to elicit and evaluate fan opinion? Not on your life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad