Proposal: Boeser to NYI

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Hey Islanders fans, Canucks fan coming here with a proposal. Obviously the Canucks need a major shakeup to the core. Hopefully even do a tear down. Islander fans in the past have expressed interest in Boeser so I was wondering how either of these proposals fair.

Option 1:
To NYI:
Brock Boeser

To VAN:
Anthony Beauvillier
2023 2nd round pick
2024 3rd round pick

Option 2 (closer to the TDL when NYI has the accumulated cap space):
To NYI:
Brock Boeser

To VAN:
Richard Panik
2023 1st round pick

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Hey Islanders fans, Canucks fan coming here with a proposal. Obviously the Canucks need a major shakeup to the core. Hopefully even do a tear down. Islander fans in the past have expressed interest in Boeser so I was wondering how either of these proposals fair.

Option 1:
To NYI:
Brock Boeser

To VAN:
Anthony Beauvillier
2023 2nd round pick
2024 3rd round pick

To NYI:
Brock Boeser

To VAN:
Richard Panik
2023 1st round pick
Second proposal seems fair. The first is too much Imo. Beau and a 2nd is probably close

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
No more picks. Lamoriello has moved a truckload in recent years. Right now, he's without a third this year too. Approaching the 5th straight draft without the regular 7 picks.

Boeser is fine as a target.

And guys like Beau should be on the table. A few nice prospects too. Some combination would be doable.

But the moving of 1st-3rds has got to friggin' stop.

This team hasn't made use of a 1st and 2nd rounder in the same draft since 2019, and even then they only had 5 overall pics.

It has gone three straight years without a first rounder. That simply can't continue.

#RecipeForDisaster

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
What would the Canucks have to add to Boeser to get Pulock? Would Boeser and Rathbone be basis? Heck I'd be willing to add Hoglander to. We need a stay at home RHD bad.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Appreciate the feedback so far.

For the fans opposed to picks, what if the picks were changed to 2024? If it has to be prospects, would Aatu Raty work?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
No more picks. Lamoriello has moved a truckload in recent years. Right now, he's without a third this year too. Approaching the 5th straight draft without the regular 7 picks.

Boeser is fine as a target.

And guys like Beau should be on the table. A few nice prospects too. Some combination would be doable.

But the moving of 1st-3rds has got to friggin' stop.

This team hasn't made use of a 1st and 2nd rounder in the same draft since 2019, and even then they only had 5 overall pics.

It has gone three straight years without a first rounder. That simply can't continue.

#RecipeForDisaster
He traded 2 of those picks to go for it and they directly resulted in conference finals appearances. The deepest the franchise went since 1993 (yes, 1993…) The players acquired resigned as UFAs. For a team that can’t sign quality UFAs like ever, they resigned. (But only if the Isles had the cap room, they could have signed ‘x’ because I believe it to be true). There’s an issue with that?

The Romonov trade this summer just advanced the cause and guaranteed value out of the pick. He’s a 22yr old, top4 RFA. How’s that an issue?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Appreciate the feedback so far.

For the fans opposed to picks, what if the picks were changed to 2024? If it has to be prospects, would Aatu Raty work?
Nope, he's basically our only potential center prospect

Beau and Bellows if no picks

Bailey and a 2nd if a pick is necessary. The cost of the 2nd means you have to take the older player. If you decide not to sign him after next year, he'd be an attractive trade chip at the 2023 trade deadline to a contender who wants a proven playoff producer. He's just too similar to a number of our forwards right now and if you need a responsible two-way wing who will give you about 45 points, mostly assists, he would fit well with you. We need the goal scorer.

Beau and Iskhakov and Durandeau if you want two prospects who could grow into potential Bottom 6 forwards

I'm higher on Boeser than many of the Isles fan base.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Nope, he's basically our only potential center prospect

Beau and Bellows if no picks

Bailey and a 2nd if a pick is necessary. The cost of the 2nd means you have to take the older player. If you decide not to sign him after next year, he'd be an attractive trade chip at the 2023 trade deadline to a contender who wants a proven playoff producer. He's just too similar to a number of our forwards right now and if you need a responsible two-way wing who will give you about 45 points, mostly assists, he would fit well with you. We need the goal scorer.

Beau and Iskhakov and Durandeau if you want two prospects who could grow into potential Bottom 6 forwards

I'm higher on Boeser than many of the Isles fan base.
absolutley no interest in older marginal prospects like Bellows or marginal guys like the 2 you mentioned. At that point we just keep Boeser if theres nothing of value coming back. Only reason I included Beau is for cap purposes, Canucks are loaded on wingers on the team + in the farm. A pick or picks would be neccessary. Theres really only 3 prospects of interest that have any value to the Canucks which are Raty, Bolduc, Odelius. Personally I'd rather have picks if its not Raty or Bolduc.

I'd do Beau + Bolduc + 2024 3rd or the original Beau + 2023 2nd + 2024 3rd that another fan here isnt keen on

Reactions: leeroggy

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
absolutley no interest in older marginal prospects like Bellows or marginal guys like the 2 you mentioned. At that point we just keep Boeser if theres nothing of value coming back. Only reason I included Beau is for cap purposes, Canucks are loaded on wingers on the team + in the farm. A pick or picks would be neccessary. Theres really only 3 prospects of interest that have any value to the Canucks which are Raty, Bolduc, Odelius. Personally I'd rather have picks if its not Raty or Bolduc.

I'd do Beau + Bolduc + 2024 3rd or the original Beau + 2023 2nd + 2024 3rd that another fan here isnt keen on
FINALLY, a respectful back and forth!

I could go along with Beau, Bolduc and the 2024 3rd for Boeser and maybe a 2024 6th. How's that sound?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
FINALLY, a respectful back and forth!

I could go along with Beau, Bolduc and the 2024 3rd for Boeser and maybe a 2024 6th. How's that sound?
That is quite rare for HFBoards eh? Personally I think the Canucks would be selling low on Boeser as I think he's easily still a 60-70 point player on a non dysfunctional team but at this point the Canucks need a major culture change and even though Boeser doesn't seem like hed be a locker room problem, we need to clean house so I'd do it

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
That is quite rare for HFBoards eh? Personally I think the Canucks would be selling low on Boeser as I think he's easily still a 60-70 point player on a non dysfunctional team but at this point the Canucks need a major culture change and even though Boeser doesn't seem like hed be a locker room problem, we need to clean house so I'd do it

Too bad we don't have trading authority . . .

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
He could be, but his recent injury history makes me think he is more a 50-60 guy at this point until he can prove otherwise.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
What would the Canucks have to add to Boeser to get Pulock? Would Boeser and Rathbone be basis? Heck I'd be willing to add Hoglander to. We need a stay at home RHD bad.

Isles would not want Boeser as a basis for Pulock. Boeser needs to prove he can stay healthy and put the puck in the net if he is the base of a top pairing RD coming back.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
He could be, but his recent injury history makes me think he is more a 50-60 guy at this point until he can prove otherwise.
Very well could be seeing how he didnt manage that last year. He didnt have any major injury last year though, just dealing with his family isssues. The year prior he was one of if not our best player but he ended up getting injured.
How's Boeser's skating?
Its pretty average. He's not fast or agile. He makes up for it by being pretty good in board battles

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Isles would not want Boeser as a basis for Pulock. Boeser needs to prove he can stay healthy and put the puck in the net if he is the base of a top pairing RD coming back.
Totally understand Islanders are blessed with great defensive unit I'm very envious. Lot easier finding a scoring winger then a legit top pairing RHD.

Reactions: WangMustGo

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
He played 71 games last year and most of the shortened seasons too, it's not like he is getting major injuries every year. I'm less concerned about the points; we need a proven finisher to play with Barzal and he seems to be a reasonable cost to pay. If we can't get the 50-goal guy then let's play like St. Louis and have a lot of 20+ goal guys.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011

Not trading Bolduc...With Mayfield most likely leaving he's a nice young piece I want to hang no to.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He traded 2 of those picks to go for it and they directly resulted in conference finals appearances. The deepest the franchise went since 1993 (yes, 1993…) The players acquired resigned as UFAs. For a team that can’t sign quality UFAs like ever, they resigned. (But only if the Isles had the cap room, they could have signed ‘x’ because I believe it to be true). There’s an issue with that?

The Romonov trade this summer just advanced the cause and guaranteed value out of the pick. He’s a 22yr old, top4 RFA. How’s that an issue?
And he signed those 2 forwards to contracts that are 1 year too long and $1M too rich. Meanwhile they continue to underperform and Lou then doubles down on Mat Barzal and he underperforms as well. So we’d better keep some picks to grow our own talent since we’re still not a free agent destination and in 2 years we’ll finally have Bailey and Beauvillier drop off the books.

I hope you enjoyed the deepest run we’ve had since 1984 because I don’t see another one with the vets we have today.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

Option 1:
To NYI:
Brock Boeser

To VAN:
Anthony Beauvillier
2023 2nd round pick
2024 3rd round pick

To NYI:
Brock Boeser

To VAN:
Richard Panik
2023 1st round pick

I appreciate the proposal, BUT no Thanks as an Islander fan living on Vancouver Island I have followed the Canucks rather closely and Boeser has not been the same player since his rookie season - I know he has had some challenges - his injury and the loss of his father, but it is starting to feel like he'll never regain that form.

And to be honest, like the Canucks, the Isles need to get faster, not slower. I'd be up for a Garland for Beauvillier trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad