Confirmed with Link: Bobby Ryan takes on a couple of beerleague plugs over $100 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I could beat Ryan in a race just saying.

Maybe in a 3-legged race at a traveling pop-up carnival after Bobby's already 9 drinks in, sure.

I have a hard time believing any more than 1% of the posters here could even come close to Brad Marsh in a skate, let alone an average skater. Maybe BondraTime. He's probably the ringer in HFSens. The rest of us would come off looking like ADHD 3rd graders in a math contest with Steven Hawking.

Othello*

Beating a nhl player who's a below average skater in a race is nothing special.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Do some of you know how to skate? I aint no expert myself whatsoever but i have friends who post timings similar to stats you see in 1st couple rounds of speed competition.

Skating in a straight line vs bobby an average fan, who's fast and can skate, wouldn't be out of the question.

obviously turning, agility and what not completely diff altogether.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
They should have a challenge where an NHL player has to sit at a computer with a veteran HF Poster and try to keep up with them as they make absurd trade proposals and insult players.

We can all laugh at Bobby as he chicken pecks on the keyboard and takes far too long to write "bobby ryan+2nd for Giroux+5th"

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Beating a nhl player who's a below average skater in a race is nothing special.

You are the worst. Just awful.

These videos make you appreciate the difference between a professional and Joe Schmo.

Last edited:

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Its totally possible. Theres plenty of people who suck at hockey and arent pros but can skate really fast. There are some NHL players who arent great when it comes to speed either. Mark Stone for example was ALWAYS the slowest player on every team he played on before the NHL. He did improve but its possible to make the NHL and be a slow skater or have non pros be faster

Again, he is not faster than a NHL player.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Pros vs. Joes was actually a fun and hilarious show. A good amount of the Joes were semi talented athletes too and still got absolutely destroyed by pro athletes.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Why does the guy in the "board work" video have his face blurred out?

Seems pretty dumb if they had filmed the whole thing without ever asking if they had permission to show his face....

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
If thats how strong Ryan is compared to an average in shape person, think about how strong the average NHLer is compared to Ryan!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They should have a challenge where an NHL player has to sit at a computer with a veteran HF Poster and try to keep up with them as they make absurd trade proposals and insult players.

We can all laugh at Bobby as he chicken pecks on the keyboard and takes far too long to write "bobby ryan+2nd for Giroux+5th"

I applaud this line of thinking.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The guy goes out of his way to do something fun and all these angry keyboard malcontents just pile on the garbage comments. Lighten up folks.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
He is not faster than an NHL player.

What a silly thing to say.

There's more to making the nhl than being a fast skater. There are many fast skaters that are no where near the NHL because they aren't good at much else.

Especially slower nhl players. Anyone who's played decent level hockey has played with some speedsters. They're faster than the big slow hulking players in the NHL.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Maybe in a 3-legged race at a traveling pop-up carnival after Bobby's already 9 drinks in, sure.

I have a hard time believing any more than 1% of the posters here could even come close to Brad Marsh in a skate, let alone an average skater. Maybe BondraTime. He's probably the ringer in HFSens. The rest of us would come off looking like ADHD 3rd graders in a math contest with Steven Hawking.

I don't think it's that rare that a poster played decently high level competitive or junior hockey and still have their young legs. In which case winning a race against a david legwand type skater doesn't seem so impossible. They aren't saying they're smarter or better. They're just picking a player's weakest link (and perhaps the posters strongest skill) and comparing them.

Just like i don't doubt a poster could possibly have better dangles than chris phillips...or a better shot than scott gomez...or a better fighter than filatov. It just doesn't seem like that hard to believe imo.

Obviously it isn't that likely, however i disagree with the line of thinking of "because you are not in the NHL you can't be better at one particular skill than a player's weakest link"

There are literally thousands of faster skaters that are not in the NHL than the slowest NHL skaters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia