Player Discussion Bobby Ryan Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
consulting your coach and other parts of management is pretty standard practice which I am fairly certain that Murray did as well

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I sympathise with everything Ryan has gone through away from the rink but honestly, I think he should be traded or let go next off season if he shows the same level of production he did this year. Sometimes the player and team don't fit. Lazar, Chiasson etc are examples of guys who could never get on track in ottawa. These playoffs are a big chance for Ryan to win back some fans though. If he has a monster playoffs I think a lot of his regular season struggles will be forgotten very quickly

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Honestly I've been so disillusioned with Ryan this year it's not even funny. But you know what? Something in my gut tells me he's going to come up big in the postseason. That feeling has no rational basis in anything but it's there.

Come on Bobby prove me right man.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
and disappeared in the 2nd half of the season.

This is a fair criticism but it doesn't change the fact that prior to this season his level of production when compared to what he has been paid in real money is in line with what other players his age could expect to make on the open market. This is the first season where Ryan's salary in relation to what he has brought to the table has been completely out of whack.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I sympathise with everything Ryan has gone through away from the rink but honestly, I think he should be traded or let go next off season if he shows the same level of production he did this year. Sometimes the player and team don't fit. Lazar, Chiasson etc are examples of guys who could never get on track in ottawa. These playoffs are a big chance for Ryan to win back some fans though. If he has a monster playoffs I think a lot of his regular season struggles will be forgotten very quickly

Easier said than done, Ryan has at least 5 yrs left on this contract @ $7.25 mil per yr & that contract is going to be very difficult to move unless they do it for another player with a very high contract who is also struggling with their team. Someone brought up Loui Ericksson in Vancouver who is making $6 mil for the next 5 yrs too as a swap but I'm nor sure who will regress faster but I think Ryan has the potential to bounce back more so than Ericksson.

I'm hoping that with the return of MacArthur that this will maybe re-ignite the MacArthur - Turris - Ryan line to again be a #1 line especially in the playoffs. We'll see, hopefully Ryan will get his head screwed on right for next season.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
The way I see it, our success these playoffs will depend on whether or not Brassard and Ryan play like top 6 forwards.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The way I see it, our success these playoffs will depend on whether or not Brassard and Ryan play like top 6 forwards.

It may just come down to that & all the secondary players play to their expected level or better. We have to expect our top players will all be shadowed & defended against quite tight. I expect that Karlsson will be targeted as will Stone & Hoffman.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
honestly i've been so disillusioned with ryan this year it's not even funny. But you know what? Something in my gut tells me he's going to come up big in the postseason. That feeling has no rational basis in anything but it's there.

Come on bobby prove me right man.

yesssssshhhhh.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Bobby Ryan looks like he's 21 and he's our best player. He's playing with so much confidence and faster then he ever has as a Sen. amazing

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Good thing about that Ryan goal, Boucher has built him up to sound like he's a top NHL player - calling him the 'golden boy' and saying he's been amazing for the season.

Boucher also played him 12 minutes. And Ryan was flying and then Chara body slammed him and he disappeared for the rest of the game.

Has he taken to another level - let's see. He still owes us another 20 games like the one he played last night

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
consulting your coach and other parts of management is pretty standard practice which I am fairly certain that Murray did as well

Isn't it a best practise from all types of businesses to get as many for & against opinions as possible before making a decision from everyone you can? Don't overlook anything & prepare for everything.

Good thing about that Ryan goal, Boucher has built him up to sound like he's a top NHL player - calling him the 'golden boy' and saying he's been amazing for the season.

Boucher also played him 12 minutes. And Ryan was flying and then Chara body slammed him and he disappeared for the rest of the game.

Has he taken to another level - let's see. He still owes us another 20 games like the one he played last night

Isn't that how you neutralize good fast players by hitting the crap out of them. How many times have we heard this in the NHL that if you hit this player early he will either come back at you harder or you won't hear from him again during the game? More times than not this yr Ryan has been a no show but he can make up for it in the playoffs. However, if the team loses whatever good he may do in the playoffs will get lost in the loss & people will instead remember what he didn't do all yr long & his contract.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Dude looks totally different with his buddy MacArthur by his side.

Set up MacArthur's goal tonight!

Remember in the pre-season how Ryan was the one who went after Sieloff?

Ryan is a great team player and an emotional guy.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Pretty sad if there's only 1 player in the league that he has chemistry with.

To be fair, there are like 3 players. Because I'm pretty sure he did well with Perry/Getzlaf too.

But Ryan is a different player with Mac. So I'm thrilled he's back and looks pretty decent too

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
They look good on the powerplay...much better movement out there.

Still need to keep working on the 5on5 play. Got to hit Boston hard before they get healthy.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Ryan started playing well before MacArthur came back, he was winning battles and was competing hard, and getting into great positions to score, he was just getting unlucky. Hopefully he can continue to produce.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
They look good on the powerplay...much better movement out there.

Still need to keep working on the 5on5 play. Got to hit Boston hard before they get healthy.

Funny enough it would be good for Ottawa when there healthy as they become abit slower as guys like Charlie will be out of the line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad