Player Discussion Bobby Ryan Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He's playing great and MacArthur is back and you find a way to focus on the negative.

Come on.

Ryan is 199% improved and a completely different player then we've seen ever in Ottawa. But now that he actually has he pick on his stick, he does give away a ton of pucks in the O zone. Instead of using his body to control okay he does Spezza style giveaways way to much.

Really happy Ryan has gotten posssed, but I'd like to see a bit more play building instead of hell-Mary passes

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He's playing great and MacArthur is back and you find a way to focus on the negative.

Come on.
He's been noticeably better the last 2 games. Playing the way I think all of us expect. Pointing out that he lacks chemistry with anyone not named MacArthur is the truth. Not sure why he decided to play with effort but I'm glad he is.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He's been noticeably better the last 2 games. Playing the way I think all of us expect. Pointing out that he lacks chemistry with anyone not named MacArthur is the truth. Not sure why he decided to play with effort but I'm glad he is.

He's shooting more and he has a blue paint attitude since game 83.

Does he look like Spezza to you guys? he does to me, not in his attack and gaining the zone, but when he's set up he passes and sees his teamates like Spezza does (and I mean this as a huge compliment)

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
He's shooting more and he has a blue paint attitude since game 83.

Does he look like Spezza to you guys? he does to me, not in his attack and gaining the zone, but when he's set up he passes and sees his teamates like Spezza does (and I mean this as a huge compliment)

I wouldn't say he looks like Spezza, but he does have some flashes. Finally adding some evidence to the "pass first guy" claims.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Funny how some come crawling back.

That said, Bobby was the reason it was in OT anyway.

Bobby giveth, Bobby taketh away.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Dude has been a beast this series. Loving it.

Now we need to get Stone going. Where's his thread?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Well, he scored a goal tonight, but he also cost us one, soooo . . .

it's Boucher's system that put him in that position. And the puck was bouncing. Dude has 2 goals 2 assists and the OT winner tonight and you're looking to find fault :shakehead

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
it's Boucher's system that put him in that position. And the puck was bouncing. Dude has 2 goals 2 assists and the OT winner tonight and you're looking to find fault :shakehead

clam down es joke.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Really, really happy for him. My post history will back it up, always backed up Ryan.

He got robbed of around 15pts this year, still not enough stats but the guy's doing many little great things in a hockey game. Always in the corners and in the dirty areas, always in front of the net, rarely fails to clear our zone on his side. He's very good. Great hockey right now and at important times, Turris should take some notes (good pass tho).

Keep it up Ryan!!!

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Really, really happy for him. My post history will back it up, always backed up Ryan.

He got robbed of around 15pts this year, still not enough stats but the guy's doing many little great things in a hockey game. Always in the corners and in the dirty areas, always in front of the net, rarely fails to clear our zone on his side. He's very good. Great hockey right now and at important times, Turris should take some notes (good pass tho).

Keep it up Ryan!!!

Hate to blow my own horn here, but I was also always in Bobby's corner. This season was abysmal for him offensively, and things looked a little grim moving forward, but erased any doubts that he can still take over games.

I would go as far as to say that he can make plays that no other forward on the team are capable of. Stone has the vision, Hoffman has the shot, but no one can dangle like him when he's on his game. He needs to skate to be able to play like that, which apparently he can do because he's flying out there right now.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
IMHO, Ricky Bobby is still recovering from low self confidence. Look at his expression after scoring a GWG.

The man is coming back! We will see the Phoenix rise from the ashes soon! :yo:

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Hate to blow my own horn here, but I was also always in Bobby's corner. This season was abysmal for him offensively, and things looked a little grim moving forward, but erased any doubts that he can still take over games.

I would go as far as to say that he can make plays that no other forward on the team are capable of. Stone has the vision, Hoffman has the shot, but no one can dangle like him when he's on his game. He needs to skate to be able to play like that, which apparently he can do because he's flying out there right now.

Seriously he has set up so many plays this year with no rewards, and he's always in the dirty areas, stats aren't great but not representative... he's good, one of our top fwds right now and he's working, Turris is a ghost

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Dude has been a beast this series. Loving it.

Now we need to get Stone going. Where's his thread?

It was soooooooooo crucial that he scored to win that. It was honestly just a terrible bounce but that kind mistake can eat away at you.

Now,

its all good.

Coughing up the lead and still managing to win could be a very valuable lesson for them.

it also could have been disastrous so it wasn't worth the lesson to let them come back but thank god Bobby scored.

He's got 4 goals in 5 games now going back to the regular season!

He's coming in HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad