Player Discussion Bobby Ryan Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
By keeping Ryan, we're gonna lose 7.5M of other players though. So it's not like there's no return on dumping that contract.

We're at about 58M with 19 skaters signed. Mark Stone should get at least 6M next year, so that alone takes us up to 64. Ceci probably up to 68. I say 6M to be ultra conservative and prove the point that if our budget is in a similar range to the last few seasons, we're already tapped out.

If we end up trading Karlsson, Hoffman, and a few others without getting back NHLers, then that obviously changes things.

Is that a real salary figure? I thought we were at ~60.5 with MacArthur (19 contracts) and ~55.7 without him (18 contracts) in terms of cap hit. Real salary would be about 59mil, not including MacArthur (and all previous figures include Phaneuf retention).

That's my math, anyways.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think Bobby should just suck it up, how uncomfortable can the extra protective gloves really be? I think he'd be 100x more effective if he played with gloves that were a bit uncomfortable but he was otherwise healthy vs playing with broken fingers and being useless. He's great when his hands don't hurt, it's just that when he has a broken finger, he might as well just sit out and heal properly since he's not that effective at that time anyway.

I don't think it was a comfort issue, as much as an inability to feel the puck making him significantly less effective.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So Ryan actually moved to be closer to a hockey rink at his off season home in Idaho. Used to take him 4+hours to drive to the closest rink. He says that this off season he was on the ice 5 days a week and has trained hard than ever before.

So I guess the question is does he break 30 points this season?

Not sure even if training is going to help his give-a-shit-o-meter improve.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
So Ryan actually moved to be closer to a hockey rink at his off season home in Idaho. Used to take him 4+hours to drive to the closest rink. He says that this off season he was on the ice 5 days a week and has trained hard than ever before.

Not sure even if training is going to help his give-a-****-o-meter improve.

I'LL reserve judgment until I see him on the ice but I'm not convinced .

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

The bar has been set understandably low.

Reactions: Stylizer1

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Why would anyone choose to live in Idaho? Does he really hate people that much?

Edit: one of my co workers is telling me this is a thing for current and former NHLers. Like Brett Hull and Grezky lived there? What? Is this a Jesus thing?

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think he surprises everyone and gets 50 points.

That would be sweet. Who knows, with emotional reflection he may be better able to cope with crisis of confidence. He had a really good start last year, followed by yet another injury.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Ryan's only problem is being injury-prone. Although I suppose if your expectations are that he'll go back to being a 30+ goal, 70+ point player then you will always be disappointed with him.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Its actually a very beautiful place, I would never live there though.
Yeah, it's got amazing national parks and the Rockies. I'd love to go camping there for a week but I could never imagine living there. Why not just buy some sick ranch in Northern Cali, Washington or Oregon and be near civilization? He's got the funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille