Player Discussion Bobby Ryan Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks everyone. The key appears to be clearing a physical, and as has been pointed out that concept could be open to abuse.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It's obvious Ryan is getting traded. He came back after missing 10 games with no practice time. He wanted a chance to play with the boys one last time or just to play with Brassard.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
How sad is it that injury-riddled Ryan is out scoring younger Silf’s pace this year? He’s getting almost 19 mins a game in what should be a pretty good team

Would he even score 35 pts under Boucher?

My bias for Swedish players always failed me. Zibanejad, Petersson, Matthias Karlsson, Claesson, Englund, Hogberg, Lindberg, Wikstrand, Sorensen, Lehner, Silfverberg, Ahl, Dahlen...

They all ended up not as good as I first thought. At least it remains to be seen for Hogberg and Dahlen

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
How sad is it that injury-riddled Ryan is out scoring younger Silf’s pace this year? He’s getting almost 19 mins a game in what should be a pretty good team

Would he even score 35 pts under Boucher?

My bias for Swedish players always failed me. Zibanejad, Petersson, Matthias Karlsson, Claesson, Englund, Hogberg, Lindberg, Wikstrand, Sorensen, Lehner, Silfverberg, Ahl, Dahlen...

They all ended up not as good as I first thought. At least it remains to be seen for Hogberg and Dahlen

Ummm....why did you include Karlsson? He didn’t end up being as good as you first thought? What were your expectations?

Oops misread your post.

Where’s that dunce cap?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ummm....why did you include Karlsson? He didn’t end up being as good as you first thought? What were your expectations?

Oops misread your post.

Where’s that dunce cap?

Matthias Karlsson

Erik Karlsson is one of the few that ended up better than I thought but you what I did back in 2009? Bought every Karlsson card available on EBay and sold them with a profit. I knew he was going to be good

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He gave us 3 consecutive seasons of .69 pts per game in spite of playing through nagging injuries when he first arrived. Sure he wasn't a 30 goal guy like he was when the lockout rule changes created a more open game, but he was still a solid offensive player, albeit inconsistent. We certainly overpaid on the extension, but nobody could have predicted this string of hand injuries completely killing his production.
no but something would have happened. Even when not hurt he went through some slumps. It was noticeable he was gassed in the second half of his first three seasons and then also the chronic injuries started to snow ball. I never saw the effort from him to be more productive by season 3.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
He was a being paid exactly what he was worth when we traded for him......We overpaid to keep him and everybody was happy...Now he is an albatross and everybody is finger pointing ,and deflecting blame...I loved Ryan and was very happy we resigned him.But in hindsight it has turned out to be a very unfavorable deal for us.....

So if insisting he's part of any Karlsson trade, would increase the odds of the Senators being able to shed themselves of this unfavorable deal, IF a team is willing to make this deal today.

It's worth the chance in my opinion.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So if insisting he's part of any Karlsson trade, would increase the odds of the Senators being able to shed themselves of this unfavorable deal, IF a team is willing to make this deal today.

It's worth the chance in my opinion.
Again you cant do this at the expense of ruining EK,s value,we need some good value or this team will be sunk...Both at the gate and with on ice preformance

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Again you cant do this at the expense of ruining EK,s value,we need some good value or this team will be sunk...Both at the gate and with on ice preformance

Dorion has set this price (including Ryan) to see if there is anyone willing to ante up and bite the bullet ................... and will not take less for Karlsson than he would if he was dealt without Ryan as an attachment.

If no one is willing to pay the "crazy, I won't trade EK65 without Ryan" price, then the deal goes down after the season.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
In the Sun Ryan is saying his poor play is because of his hand injuries over the last 3 seasons and having a long off season will let him get his shot back. Too bad it's his conditioning that needs the most improvement.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
In the Sun Ryan is saying his poor play is because of his hand injuries over the last 3 seasons and having a long off season will let him get his shot back. Too bad it's his conditioning that needs the most improvement.

Ok .... so post a few links where someone employed by the team questioned his conditioning.

Come on....you'r calling the guy out. post something that supports that view or please stop flapping

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

oh I'm well aware of the ryan conditioning criticism

5 posters repeating shit over and over doesn't make it true. There's a lot of shit that gets repeated ad nauseum here that is pretty far from reality.

as I said....go ahead and post something where someone with the team comments on his conditioning. Google bobby ryan conditioning. that's a good place to start.

if bobby ryan, a 7.5 M pro athlete, had non injury related conditioning issues, there'd would be real information about it on the internet. find it. or as I said stop flapping about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig